Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can you leave cars from freeroam into missions?

6 replies to this topic
Blind Creature
  • Blind Creature

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Basically what I mean is can I pick any car from my garage or whatever, leave it where the mission takes place, and when I start the mission it will still be there?

I know if I leave a car and only use one other car the game will save it in its memory, im just wondering if it will still be there once I trigger a mission.

Also if it is so, is it true for all missions or just some, and what are the restrictions for keeping it in the games memory? The reason is I wanna muck around with the game and find my own glitches/exploits etc just from experimenting, I feel this is a good starting point.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by Militia, 20 July 2014 - 09:32 PM.

Some vehicle memory seems more powerful than others.  It all depends, really.  Some mission cutscenes WILL eat the vehicle and some won't.  At least this is what I found out from my knowledge of playing these games and being a proof vehicle collector and all, etc...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by OrionSR, 20 July 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Your strategy might work, poorly, if you leave your vehicle outside of whatever clear_area radius is specified by the mission to make sure there is nothing in the way when it starts creating objects, vehicles, and actors. If CJ's current or previous vehicle is caught within the clear area radius it'll get sent to the nearest impound garage, other vehicles are simply discarded.

Other issues involve required mission vehicle bumping CJ's previous vehicle off the memory list. And San Andreas isn't all that reliable about keeping discarded vehicles in memory anyway, even the most recent. I expect this to be a frustrating process but you may as well give it a shot. Trying unusual strategies just to see what happens is how we keep learning new things about this game. Maybe you'll learn something cool.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Well, that guy was short lived, already busted and banned from the forum LOLOLOL WTF

Peace Sword
  • Peace Sword

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Your strategy might work, poorly, if you leave your vehicle outside of whatever clear_area radius is specified by the mission to make sure there is nothing in the way when it starts creating objects, vehicles, and actors. If CJ's current or previous vehicle is caught within the clear area radius it'll get sent to the nearest impound garage, other vehicles are simply discarded.

Other issues involve required mission vehicle bumping CJ's previous vehicle off the memory list. And San Andreas isn't all that reliable about keeping discarded vehicles in memory anyway, even the most recent. I expect this to be a frustrating process but you may as well give it a shot. Trying unusual strategies just to see what happens is how we keep learning new things about this game. Maybe you'll learn something cool.

Hey Orion its Jack here. I remember a long time ago asking about Berkeley RC van for a starter save file. Im screwing around on a file before the first mission again and reading this topic got me the idea to use Big Smoke to store/impound aircraft nicely. For instance after collecting police bribes you can start Big Smoke in a Police Maverik, Cropduster, or any other aircraft that will fit in the impound to store it.

Here is what is useful about the mission though, if you want to retrieve those vehicles you can go into the impound during the mission and set off the alarm, but you will not receive 3 stars! So thats sorta useful for players who don't mind setting off the whole beginning audio thing. Also I went hunting for a tow truck down near the docks,and I found Berkeley's RC van driving there. Had no idea it would spawn that easy, could being on a mission change the odds of what spawns?

Anyway as for the topic, someone mentioned different vehicles have a better chance of sticking around. You guys think aircraft should have a higher chance, since they appear reliably in the impounds over cars and bikes? Im also experimenting with using different vehicles during the cutscene in montgomery, where Ryder and Big Smoke meet up and Sweet gets chased off. Its pretty funny having Ryder telling CJ to keep up while he is sitting in a Seasparrow.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

LOL, are you the same guy as the OP ^^^^ ?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

Some missions. During "Ice Cold Killa" I leave a motorcycle next to the lampost and it will be there for the chase. In "High Noon" I only once was able to do that (75+ tries).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users