Quantcast

» «
Photo

We Built This City [How Were You Intro'd to the GTA Universe?]

100 replies to this topic

Poll: How Were You Introduce to the World of GTA? (292 member(s) have cast votes)

How Were You Introduce to the World of GTA?

1. Grand Theft Auto (1) (49 votes [16.78%])

Percentage of vote: 16.78%

2. Grand Theft Auto: London (5 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

3. Grand Theft Auto 2 (34 votes [11.64%])

Percentage of vote: 11.64%

4. Grand Theft Auto III (70 votes [23.97%])

Percentage of vote: 23.97%

5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City (63 votes [21.58%])

Percentage of vote: 21.58%

6. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (55 votes [18.84%])

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

7. Grand Theft Auto Advance (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Grand Theft Auto IV (13 votes [4.45%])

Percentage of vote: 4.45%

9. Grand Theft Auto Ballad of Gay Tony and/or Lost & Damned (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (1 votes [0.34%])

Percentage of vote: 0.34%

11. Grand Theft Auto V and/or GTA Online (2 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

Which of the GTA franchises has been your personal favorite?

1. Grand Theft Auto (1 votes [0.34%])

2. Grand Theft Auto London (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Grand Theft Auto 2 (3 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

4. Grand Theft Auto III (20 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City (49 votes [16.78%])

Percentage of vote: 16.78%

6. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (80 votes [27.40%])

Percentage of vote: 27.40%

7. Grand Theft Auto Advance (1 votes [0.34%])

8. Grand Theft Auto IV (72 votes [24.66%])

Percentage of vote: 24.66%

9. Grand Theft Auto Ballad of Gay Tony and/or Lost & Damned (8 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

10. Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars (2 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

11. Grand Theft Auto V and/or GTA Online (56 votes [19.18%])

Percentage of vote: 19.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
zombieslayer777
  • zombieslayer777

my rhino tank's name is gertrude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

i was introduced to grand theft auto san andreas when i was 7  it became favorite with all the cheats and the woods setting , the desert .  my favorite cheats are never wanted , infinite ammo , infinite lung capacity , infinite health , never become hungry , and of course the rhino tank cheat.

Dexolux
  • Dexolux

Van Society Member and Lucid Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Introduced with VC, when I was 3, it was 2004 and it's still my favorite.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

San Andreas for both questions.

I'm too lazy to re-write my intro to the series, so here's a copy-paste.

Hello darlings! This thread is dedicated to sharing your good or bad memories of playing GTA...SA is definitely the most nostalgic for me, mainly because it's the first "official" GTA game that I played...And despite the fact that the disc is more used up and worn out than my asshole, I still keep it safely in its box, and in my game drawer...Why? Because of all the fond memories I have of playing it...And it happened during summer vacation, so I didn't need to worry about homework, or my parents telling me to go to sleep because it's a school day tomorrow...This was also the same summer that I got my first computer(ergo, my introduction to internet), and started listening to extreme metal...So the whole day I was playing the game, looking for random sh*t on the internet(most of it related to SA and R*, and doing research on extreme metal), and listening to the aforementioned music while taking notes on its sub-genres and their respective bands...Yep, it was the best summer vacation I ever had, so what stories do you guys have?

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

The first GTA i played was Grand Theft Auto on Playstation i was maybe 9 or 10 years old. I still remember the cheats GOURANGA and GODOFGTA. After the second GTA i was so excited before the third have been released damn. The first GTA in 3D graphics. I still remember reading about GTA 3 in a gamers magazine and looking at the low res small pictures in it and damn i was so hyped back then the hype was for around 3 years. The cover of the magazine was a picture of the Godzilla Movie from 1998. Im starting to feel old if i read others first GTA was San Andreas or GTA IV damn. :D

Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The first Rockstar title I played was Smuggler's Run. I owned it but I was introduced to GTA III by my uncles. It came out just before my 4th birthday and they let me play it. I use to get shouted at for not killing people and driving a bus around while stopping at traffic lights. Finally got it and Vice City for myself and realised these games all came from the same company,so I went back and started playing previous by Rockstar.

Honestly, my childhood was GTA and Rockstar Games in general and I regret nothing. The greatest f*cking thrillride of a lifetime and I replay Rockstar's titles countless times and still don't get tired of hearing the dialogue and experiencing the stories like it's my first time. 

Vice City is my favourite but my favourite Rockstar title changes everytime I play one. Could be Vice City or San Andreas or GTA IV/V then I could play Smuggler's Run and say it's my favourite.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by GTA-Biker, 2 weeks ago.

My friend from school first mentioned playing GTA 3,I think in 2002 or 2003,he described it as a cool game where you can steal cars and kill people.However,I couldn't play that since I didn't have PS2 or PC at the time (only PS1 and SNES),so he and another friend brought GTA 2 for PS1 to me one day to play.Later,in fall of 2004 I got a PC,and in spring of 2005 I got GTA VC for it,which was the reason I started to love GTA games,and open world games in general.

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like TBOGT the best, i was a fan of late 00s house, heard Put Em High on the radio as a kid and well the story was better too

saya2
  • saya2

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA San Andreas was my first GTA game I've experienced. I played GTA SA mostly for fun exploring places and messing around I did some of the missions, but it was my brother's game.

I got back into GTA more seriously with intent to play and finish the story got ps4 last Christmas and GTA V and loved it.

I recently got GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas for ps2 and playing those. So far GTA V is my favorite, but we'll see once I finish III, Vice city and san Andreas. 

I started III yesterday and I'm enjoying it and despite it being an older game I find it pretty fun so far. I've read Vice city is great so I look forward to experiencing III and VC for first time. I don't know anything on story of those two so should be fun.

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 2 weeks ago

LCS was my first, GTA4 is my favorite, but I really like the Vice City games and the size and depth of SA's world and story.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

gta sa was my first gta experience. I was staying at my sisters house for the weekend. and her friend brought her brothers or cousins I cant even remember. this was back in 2005 I think. close to sa release. so I came over to the friends house. I met them and hung out with them. they had their ps2. they had gta sa. I watched them play it. I was amazed at it. then they let me play it. I loved it immediately. I remember driving around bone county in tractor trailer trucks and bailed out of them. for some reason it made me happy. so every time we died we switched turns. I played for a few hours and watched them play too. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with it gone. I was sad. so when I got back home I told my parents I wanted it. I was too young for it at the time so I couldent get it. until I moved up here I got a ps2 for my birthday. and a copy of gta vice city stories. well it wasent san andreas but I was happy. so I remembered playing it all day just driving around. then I realized the bridges were closed.

then I found out you had to play the story to unlock them. so I did the first few missions. every time I beat a mission I kept checking. as I played the story I fell in love with it. I loved vic as a protagonist. and the characters were awesome. so I kept doing the story. I struggled a bit but eventually I beat the unlock mission. I was so happy. but by then I was invested in the story I eventually finished it. it was then I was hooked on the gameplay and story. well then I found out about gta 4. I went to pre order it. then I found out the sad news. It wasent on ps2. so I had to save up to get one. and I got gta 4. like vcs I was hooked on the story and and gameplay. the graphics and physics were amazing at the time. so after that I played ever since. I was sad that eflc wasent on ps3. than I got Chinatown wars on release day. I bought a ds just for it. I loved that game too. even the story.

then I found out about other rockstar titles. red dead redemption. it was the game that made me the history buff I am today. and It got me into westerns I saw the trailer and I was hyped. I loved it the snow graphics everything. I pre ordered. I got it on midnight release. my first midnight release. than gta 5 was announced like everyone else i got extremely hyped. I found out about this forum before it was announced. I read peoples threads to help the time go by. eventually I decided to join and have conversations here. talking to people here really helped with the long wait and delay. I went to the midnight release and fell in love with gta 5 instantly. and now even though a lot of people hate gta 5 it is my favorite gta.

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Wingate167, A week ago.

I played the demo of GTA 1 in Thanksgiving 1999. I didn't care for the series until playing GTA 3 when it came out on PC. I tried playing 3, VC and San Andreas when in college but had to finish school. The past few months, I've beaten both 3 and Vice City on Steam with 100%. I'm now on San Andreas. I didn't own 4, but beaten 5 on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users