69 things you may ignore about Vice City

17 replies to this topic
Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'm actually playing Vice City, and I can't believe how a game developped in 9 months, 12 years ago, can be such a vast experience. Anyway, this thread was made for GTA V, and I don't see any reason why we couldn't do the same with Vice City :

1) You certainly know that Tommy can be a taxi driver during his free time, but did you know that he could also be a bus driver ? If you steal a Coach, you can pick up pedestrians waiting at bus stops, and you'll earn 5$ for each passenger delivered.

2) The (awesome) song "La Vida Es Una Lenteja", that you can listen on Espantoso, or Inside the Ocean View Hotel lobby was actually made by R*. The funny stuff, is that if you listen VERY closely to the song, you'll hear little sounds used during normal gameplay (for exemple, the "cheat code activate" sound is used as percussion).

3) House models in Little Havana (and also in the cul de sac near Well Stacked Pizza in Vice Point) are totally disproportioned. These are about twice the size they should be, just put Tommy in front of the door to see it. Oddly, the same house models used in Little Haiti are well proportioned.

• CaptainMental likes this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by markwey, 20 July 2014 - 02:03 PM.

4) Most people already know this one, but the iconic song "Crockett's Theme" by Jan Hammer (from "Miami Vice"),

recorded in 1984, wasn't released IRL until 1987 while Vice City was set in the year 1986.

Son Of Big Boss
  • Son Of Big Boss

Hardcore Gamer

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by Son Of Big Boss, 21 July 2014 - 02:41 AM.

5) Vice city has the most realistic water in the III era, with sparkles effect and reflections.

6) There are two routes of flights of the Dodo, one flies just above the Mall, and the other flies just above Vercetti Estate.

7) There is a Submarine in the sea, north of the Mall.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

8). There is also a sunken ship east from submarine

9). There is sunken reefer boat near the bridge that leads from prawn island to vice point

10). The rain drops on the screen were the best and unique. The same goes for blood drops when using a chainsaw on someone

11.) Did you know about racism complaints that R* needed to deal with. The Haitian comunity were complaining about the quotations of Diaz in guardian angels mission in the first version of the game. He said to Tommy "kill those haitian dickheads" so they needed to cut out the word "haitian" for the next version.

12.) They also had an issue with Ray Liotta who was unhappy about his payments for his voicing in VC and that`s the reason Tommy doesn`t want to except phone call from Ken Rosenberg in GTA SA introduction movie.

13.) Just like in GTA 3 there are also in VC flyers around the city with the same front page "zombie elvis found"

14.) There is a huge zeppelin hovering high above downtown which is much higher than flying height limit in the game thus unreachable.

15.) Check the items in your room at the ocean beach hotel after finishing all storyline missions. There are barrels of boomshine, a hockey mask and an opened tiki statue with packages of coke taken out on the table.

16.) The interior of Marco`s bistro at the begining of the game is actually located in the room across Tommy`s room at ocean beach hotel and it is reachable by certain method without any cheats or trainers.

17.) The guy fitted with cement shoes under water near leaf links looks pretty much like Gonzalez.

18.) That human meat butchery in little haiti near pizza stack has to be somehow conected with Auntie Poulet`s voodoo stuff. Juju scramble contains reproducted human organs among other stuff.. Behind that butchery is a small alley with skeleton in open shallow grave with missing left forearm- in the butcher store there is left forearm on sale. Coincidence? Anyway that little haiti is very creepy place, you can literaly feel that voodoo vibes in the air. It scares the sh*t out of me. :blink:

19.) One haitian gangster sometime says during the fight "I`ll cut your heart out". Yeah he must have been doing that for supplying that butcher lol

20.) There are 3 sunken cars in the water right next to leaf links bridge on west side of the island.

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:39 AM Edited by Raz3r95, 22 July 2014 - 08:57 PM.

i think most of those facts are well known, but :

21) On PC version, if you walk and shot with a pistol on the ground , you can hit tommys legs he starts bleeding (but won't lose any health)

22)The artificial intelligence in GTA Vicecity was very very bad. Rockstar made fun of it , if people run against a wall and get tired, they scratch their heads like wtf is going on

23)If you shot someomes leg with a big caliber weapon( like sniper) he will start jumping around for a couple of seconds while bleeding

24)The mission psycho killer doesn't make any sense. Even if you chop the targets heads off or blow him up in the car, he will still survive and appear in the last Love Fist mission.

25)If a corpse of a cop is around your area and you commit a crime, you will still get a wanted level, even if he is already dead.

26)Shoting or hitting police cars will make you get a wanted level as well.

27)If you enter a car and pause the game while Tommy is getting in, type the cheat code : bigbang AND aspirine. Tommy survives the explosion and drives a wrecked car.

28) The sharks in GTA Vicecity are huuuuuge

29)If people fall into the water, the water starts splashing after a short time. They get eaten by sharks.

30) During the mission : copland you can't get a wanted level after wearing the cop uniforms, until you enter the mall.

31)Tommys Bodyguards are immortal, they can't get killed by enemies, only by you.

32) If you attack your bodyguards, they instantly get knocked out.

33)After finnishing the story, Tommys guards carries uzis.

34) After getting 100%, you can hire 3 bodyguards. They follow you and protect you from enemies. You have to pay 10000 dollars for each .They are sitting in the lobby, you have to enter the pink mark.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Yeah i laughed at No.5, that thing always bugged me how the hell can VC had worse AI of NPC`s than GTA 3 so i think they made it for purpose. VC is a great game but this is something that ruins it.

Those Vercetti`s gangsters are the most useless idiots in any GTA game so far. I wouldn`t hire them for free let alone paying 2000$ for each of those useless retards. All they ever do is blocking your paths inside the mansion so you literaly need to kill those bastards if you want to walk through. And if you punch them they just fall down so you need to kick those assess on the ground for quiet long time before you kill them otherwise they`d still block your path.. Jesus i hate them. And their idiotic quotations "hey mario" "don`t push the mario man"

Give me a break they are a f*cking joke, Vance crime family`s thugs at least help you out in VCS, they are usefull, but these assholes these are complete waste of disk space.

• Raz3r95 likes this

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Yeah i laughed at No.5, that thing always bugged me how the hell can VC had worse AI of NPC`s than GTA 3 so i think they made it for purpose. VC is a great game but this is something that ruins it.

Those Vercetti`s gangsters are the most useless idiots in any GTA game so far. I wouldn`t hire them for free let alone paying 2000$ for each of those useless retards. All they ever do is blocking your paths inside the mansion so you literaly need to kill those bastards if you want to walk through. And if you punch them they just fall down so you need to kick those assess on the ground for quiet long time before you kill them otherwise they`d still block your path.. Jesus i hate them. And their idiotic quotations "hey mario" "don`t push the mario man"

Give me a break they are a f*cking joke, Vance crime family`s thugs at least help you out in VCS, they are usefull, but these assholes these are complete waste of disk space.

yeah thats true, they are pretty useless, but at least you don't feel lonely in this big mansion, and i loved killing them for fun, or chopping their heads off :D ,,Hey, hey hey, its Mr.V *headshot*'' :D

I think Lance is even worst,i failed the mission rub out couple of times because this idiot kept dying. Even with M4 he wasn't a big help.

Gordanovich
  • Gordanovich

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:21 PM

35) During a storm, the traffic lights change from their normal sequence to flashing yellow (proceed with caution) in all directions.

Wavesittich
  • Wavesittich

BADASS BUDGIE

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

36) Vice City's name is based off Miami Vice, a famous TV show. Also, the main actor of Miami Vice is called Tommy.

Ray Margarita
  • Ray Margarita

Mr. Money In The Bank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

36) Vice City's name is based off Miami Vice, a famous TV show. Also, the main actor of Miami Vice is called Tommy.

The main character in Miami Vice is named Sonny Crockett, and he was played by Don Johnson.
  • markwey likes this

Wavesittich
  • Wavesittich

BADASS BUDGIE

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

The main character in Miami Vice is named Sonny Crockett, and he was played by Don Johnson.

One of the main characters.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Tommy

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:05 AM Edited by markwey, 30 July 2014 - 11:30 AM.

One of the main characters.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Tommy

She (Annie Golden) guest starred in three "Miami Vice" episodes, and in two of them playing her character,

Tommy the mechanic.

That doesn't make anyone a main character.

Not even a supporting character.

Also; Tommy Vercetti based off of a woman?

Nein.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

24)The mission psycho killer doesn't make any sense. Even if you chop the targets heads off or blow him up in the car, he will still survive and appear in the last Love Fist mission.

Yes actually. Before Tommy kills him, he trapped Love Fist car with the bomb, and the tape he made is the only way to set the bomb on I guess :) .

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by Raz3r95, 30 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Yes actually. Before Tommy kills him, he trapped Love Fist car with the bomb, and the tape he made is the only way to set the bomb on I guess :) .

In the cutscene Kent Paul says Tommy didn't kill him, but well f*ck it, its gta  :D

Dorney23
  • Dorney23

Crackhead

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

37) This is the first GTA to feature a speaking protagonist

38) It has more melee weapons than any other GTA
39) The Malibu Club has it's very own Village People dancing on stage

40) The only 3D Universe game not to feature the AK-47 as a usable weapon 

41) The sunken ship near Vice Point is the ship that gets destroyed in the mission 'Bomb Da Base' in GTA III - a game set some 15 years later

42) Kaufman Cabs is named after Andy Kaufman, who appeared in the movie 'Taxi'

43) In one of the pools on Starfish Island, there is a beach ball. Hitting it will start a hidden mini-game in which the player must keep the ball in the air for as long as possible

44) A beta map can be found behind Sunshine Autos which reveals that Fort Baxter, The Lighthouse, Cabins in the sea, Hayman Memorial Stadium, a few roads and some parts of the beach weren't originally meant to feature in the game

TJGM
  • TJGM

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

5) Vice city has the most realistic water in the III era, with sparkles effect and reflections.

That's not true. The sparkle effect is just a simple corona that will randomly appear on the water to show the sun is shining on it and it has no reflections.

Son Of Big Boss
  • Son Of Big Boss

Hardcore Gamer

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

That's not true. The sparkle effect is just a simple corona that will randomly appear on the water to show the sun is shining on it and it has no reflections

VC is the only game to feature the sparkles, anyways the reflection is more like a second UVW map on the water texture, if you keep looking at the water for a minute you will notice there is a different effect apart from the waves. but some swiming pools show something to recreate reflections, do you know Ducum Inn? well, the pool has "reflection on the water" but the truth is it has an upside down building model below the pool, just like the FBI HQ little lake in front of AM co. Building in GTA 3 does

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

That human meat butchery in little haiti near pizza stack has to be somehow conected with Auntie Poulet`s voodoo stuff. Juju scramble contains reproducted human organs among other stuff.. Behind that butchery is a small alley with skeleton in open shallow grave with missing left forearm- in the butcher store there is left forearm on sale. Coincidence? Anyway that little haiti is very creepy place, you can literaly feel that voodoo vibes in the air. It scares the sh*t out of me. :blink:

Yep, this is one of the reason i find Vice City scary, creepy, ugly place..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users