Quantcast

» «
Photo

How long do you need to complete each GTA?

55 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by Militia, 24 July 2014 - 11:03 AM.

I do the Burger Shot Glitch :p

Vigilante Level 12 passed in 10 minutes without firing a single shot :p

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

What about in other GTA games? That glitch is only in SA if i remember right.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Burger Shot is also ONLY in SA, if I am correct, other than GTA IV, of course.

And yeah, as for other games, I surely used the Rhino Tank EVERYTIME.  Except GTA III, since the 20 kills per island does NOT have to be done consecutively.  VCS was the "scariest" for doing it in the Tank, my Tank was actually smoking and almost blown up by the time I passed Level 15.  All of this sh*t is so time consuming in that game, I hate it.

Currently playing GTA IV and am 20.09% Completion and this is only day 2.  I can't play very long hours and I gotta get used to driving and the controls again from the 3D Era, so I only do about 10% a day.  But if I am only 2 days into the game at 20.09%, if I stick to 10% a day, the game is done in 8 days, but we'll see.  Those annoying 200 Pigeons and 50 Stunt Jumps are probably gonna be annoying as hell...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I liked those pigeons very much.

When i 1.st time bought PS3 and GTA IV i just could`t get used to new controls so i just bought extra unoriginal wired controller and take it to an expert who did the custom buttons so it`s almost the same as on 3D era.

Yeah vigilante in a tank in VCS is madd, you got to be careful not to gain 5 or 6 stars otherwise those crazy FBIers will hiting your tank so long that it will blow up eventualy, not even mention the army, a few tank to tank hits and you`re blowned up.

So the best way of doing it is just hiting those cars or bikes you`re after and not actualy shoot them with turret thus you will gain wanted level more slowly.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

You do know if you hit Pause and go to Controller, you can change the Controller Type to "Classic" which is basically 80% of the 3D Controls?  LOL, that's what I am doing and using X as the gas and square as the break, etc.  It's more or less all the same, except how to change the guns, which is now left or right on the arrow key pad, Also using guns in a vehicle is a bit different, too.  L1 to shoot and L2 to change weapons.  Everything else is more or less the same, though...

I never used the Tank's Cannon in VCS, I would always just run into the Vigilante's vehicles.  Still got a 5 star wanted level and I got it around Level 8 or 9 and had it through Level 15 when my Tank was nearly blown up...Idk why they changed in that game to Level 15, Level 12 stuff is bad enough.  I know there is checkpoints, but I don't use them, I just do Level 1 through 15 consecutively.  It's easy enough, but long as f*ck...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yeah i know that but i still like this controller because i`m used to it better.

Chasing those guys with a tank is a pain in the ass but it`s the only f*cking way before hunter is unlocked at the end of the game. I always speed with turret turned back and firing otherwise i wouldn`t catch them fast enough. Than i accidently blow some cop and i get wanted level. FBI is crazy they are crashing into you like madd.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

No way, lol...I tried the Hunter before the Tank and I kept getting killed in the Hunter because I'd either bump into something or the FBI would shoot me in the air and the Hunter would get damaged around Level 9 all the time.  So I just did it with the Tank first try.

Hunter is unlocked only 20% into the game, btw, it's only the story that unlocks it, not 100%.  Even the Tank is unlocked after the story, because before this it was literally locked in Fort Baxter and the door would never open.  But now it is unlocked after the story.  So basically both the Hunter and Tank are unlocked at the same time...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Yeah but you can obtain the tank right after the 2.nd island is unlocked (from zero to hero mission) when you can get 6 stars. I get 6 stars then i wait for the tanks to appear. The soldiers usually don`t leave the tank so i just shoot them in the head through that visibility line and they just fall out dead lol. Than i save my tank and do the vigilante.

It`s more or less useless to do a vigilante after the last mission unless you go for 100%. I need 150% health and 150% body armour for empire defending (which i do during the storyline) and for the mission "unfriendly competition" .

BTW i need to ask you again about storing that proof yola in the clymenus suite garage? I went to look that place behind, it`s high concrete step by the sea, how can you get that boat out of that and put it into a garage? If that would be a beach where you would just push it out i would understand but there are a 1-2 metres tall concrete plates out of the sea?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by Militia, 26 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Yeah, I did the story and 99 Red Balloons before ANYTHING else in VCS.  Didn't need much health/armor, tbh...

Cuz normally I do everything I can before even the first mission in other games, but did VCS and most of SA a bit differently...

Just watch how it's done.  You gotta beach it somewhere else then just push it back to the garage with a vehicle or Vic's body...

If you want, just fast forward the video until it says Mission Passed.  Cuz you need to complete this mission to obtain it, whereas a lot of times you gotta fail the mission to obtain a vehicle.  It's not exactly hard to obtain, it's the mission that is bloody annoying more than obtaining the vehicle, and because I would ALWAYS die BEFORE the Dealer would reach the "speedboat" which is the AP Yola, I could never obtain it.  The beaching it, pushing it, and storing it part is pretty easy.  The mission is the tricky part, and after tons of tries just to pass it, I said the hell with the Yola, plus I would be getting the AP/EC Sentinel XS from So Long Schlong which is much better for me.  I never collected any proof boats and they were in VC, LCS, and VCS...Maybe even SA, too, but I don't think there was.  I could be wrong, but surely a BP/FP/EP Squalo in VC and also just an EP/FP Squalo in VC.  There was a handful of proofed boats in LCS and just that one in VCS.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Wow, thats interesting, i would never think of getting that boath in a garage lol

Thanks for the vid.

Now i only need to know how/where would you store a boat in LCS. The only place i can think about is Staunton garage, if you would get it out of the water near aspatria and than push it to Newport? Am i right?

The problems in LCS or 3 is that half of the sea is closed by those gas pipes so is the aspatria except if you would do that during the mission (that one you are chasing mayros asistant with sal is proof?) and fail it.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hm i completely forgot on that newport slippery terrain. But than again you need to push it all the way back to the water if you want to drive it.

So i would say that collecting proof vehicles has much more sense than collecting proof boats :yawn: . Except for pure accomplishment of course because it clearly is hard to get that thing into the garage.

Anyway i need to ask you some thing, it`s a bit offtopic tough.

Have you ever played GTA V on 20 year old TV? The reason i`m asking this is that i`m going to the vacation next week and my PS3 will be repaired by monday. I will take it with me (i can`t stand even 10 days without playing GTA lol) but in that holiday trailer is 20 year (or so) TV so i`m wondering myself if it`s even worth playing V on it? Does it ruin the graphic too much or it`s not that different from HD TV? Because i can`t just take my 40 inch TV with me.

So what do you think about V`s graphics on old TV?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I only collect a vehicle if I am gonna use it after 100%.  And before I start a game, I always make a list of all the vehicles I want and cross them off as I go until each game is 100%, with best stats, and vehicle collection.  I never have an extra space in the garages for 1 single thing else, except in VC and SA since there IS so much damn space and I never cared to collect EVERY single vehicle in the game that has a special property.  For instance, a plain old FP vehicle doesn't interest me much, cuz who has and uses fire besides yourself, the main character.  The cops have no fire, the army has to no fire, etc.  These to me are useless vehicles to collect.  But there is even bigger enthuseists out there who collect more than I do.  I only collect the necessary vehicles, really.

That's true.  Some collect mainly for the accomplishment as it's a lot harder than the actual game (100% Completion)...Plus that guy, jam8tone, his channel is dedicated to special vehicles in the 3D Era games and also 100% walkthrough guides.  He has videos on basically all special vehicles in LCS/VCS.  Also numerous in GTA III, VC, and SA.  jam8tone only can store 12 total vehicles like me, and the next guy can, but he makes a video on EVERY vehicle in the game just to show people who are interested in collecting those specific ones.  I don't go for boats, though.

Never seen V on an old box TV.  Only a huge flatscreen, lol

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Man i realy admire you for doing all that. That takes you more time than completing 100% alone not to mention it probably cost a lot of nerves to obtain all that. Me as a little hotheaded guy i would break a console or controller before managed all that. Because i just can`t stand fails, i need to do all in 1.st go, if not then i get madd . :panic:

But it`s enthusiasm just like i had with myth hunting in SA back days. I spent few months just investigating that priest and hooker in journey driving on that mountain after you shoot those helis in the mission "interdiction". We had whole YT comunity just for that lol. We tought that has something to do with epsilon but then we realised it`s just a useless cameo appearance and a R*`s dig at priests having sex with hookers lol.

Anyway do you use any of those proof vehicles for some mission? I remember quite a lot missions that proof vehicle would come in handy. I have obtained that AP(?) admiral from "guardian angels" in VC, it was so easy to obtain but i didn`t have the money to buy a safehouse with garage to store in so it just dissapeared. It would be usefull in "death row" mission if it`s DP too. Those Diaz`s goons in comets keep hiting in my car untill i and Lance blow up.

But i found another route, that water bridge behind the junkyard and that was easy.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

It's around 30 hours in game in my current save in GTA IV.

Still only around 61 missions. (29 to go)

It's been 2 months since I started my save in real life time.

Slow and steady wins the race!

• TheOtherRyan likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Man i realy admire you for doing all that. That takes you more time than completing 100% alone not to mention it probably cost a lot of nerves to obtain all that. Me as a little hotheaded guy i would break a console or controller before managed all that. Because i just can`t stand fails, i need to do all in 1.st go, if not then i get madd . :panic:

But it`s enthusiasm just like i had with myth hunting in SA back days. I spent few months just investigating that priest and hooker in journey driving on that mountain after you shoot those helis in the mission "interdiction". We had whole YT comunity just for that lol. We tought that has something to do with epsilon but then we realised it`s just a useless cameo appearance and a R*`s dig at priests having sex with hookers lol.

Anyway do you use any of those proof vehicles for some mission? I remember quite a lot missions that proof vehicle would come in handy. I have obtained that AP(?) admiral from "guardian angels" in VC, it was so easy to obtain but i didn`t have the money to buy a safehouse with garage to store in so it just dissapeared. It would be usefull in "death row" mission if it`s DP too. Those Diaz`s goons in comets keep hiting in my car untill i and Lance blow up.

But i found another route, that water bridge behind the junkyard and that was easy.

Yeah, that white colored Admiral in Guardian Angels in VC is definitely AP.  It's bulletproof, damageproof, explosionproof, and fireproof.  I got this in my current save, I also was able to PASS the mission instead of failing it, as all you gotta do is run to where Diaz was driving.  You just run straight and then left and the car is just sitting there without Diaz inside and you can take it to safehouse.  It's the ONLY AP vehicle in the whole game for VC and probably one of the easiest vehicles to obtain, actually.  Yeah, I bought numerous safehouses before I even got the Guardian Angels, because vehicle collectors ALWAYS need room to store vehicles.  To store the Spand Express Van, which ONLY appears it two missions, but it's not proofed, needs to be stored in ONE garage and ONE garage only in the very beginning of the game, so I needed a specific safehouse with the right amount of space to store that vehicle, so I was trying to buy as many safehouses I could.  I did some stuff before doing missions, though, like Paramedics Level 12 to get around 50,000 dollars to have to buy safehouses....

No, I don't use any vehicle for missions.  It's just like GTA V, people who use vehicles during missions usually will complain after a cutscene makes it disappear.  Same thing happens in all the 3D Era games, there is a certain radius that you must have the vehicle behind, if it's inside the radius during the cutscene, the vehicle can disappear.  If it's out of the radius, it will usually stay there, but some missions, like races for instance, will actually disable the proofings and it'll just be a normal car after that.  So I just collect all my vehicles until I get to 100% with the save backed up on my Computer, before having fun with the vehicles.  That is when the actual fun comes for me.  The whole getting to 100% is just a chore and the fun comes after, basically.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Exactly that mission point radius is what decides of whether some vehicle will dissapeared after you trigger a mission or not.

And somehow this is more present in VCS than any other games. I could leave may vehicle on the other side of prawn island near the film studios but it will still dissapeared after the mission cutscene for mendez.

That sucks, instead i would drive in my banshee i need to take that sentinel xs.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by MrVance, 27 July 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Jesus i almost lost my mind, i can`t f*cking believe myself. After i`ve finished SA in the morning i`ve decided to continoue playing VC on old saved slot with 79% completion. And i started to do rampages again after 3 years. OMG i completely forgot how f*cking hard were VC`s rampages. After 11 attempts on doing that one on that ship at the docks i went to save and i tried to do that one near the fort baxter base. You know "destroy 15 vehicles with minigun in 2 minutes".Ok so i went to pick up the police uniform from cop station (so the soldiers wouldn`t attacking me) and triggering the rampage..

OMFG!! First of all what the hell are those retarded Diaz`s goons doing there? They are like 100 of them and they keep spawning, so if you shoot the vehicle they get accidently caught in the explosion blast so they are starting to attack you. Instead i would just blasting the vehicles i need to kill them first before i can continoue. In the meantime i got wanted level so i got cops on my ass.

Besides all of that there is not near enough vehicles to pass the rampage. So i tried to steal them all 15 and i parked in the vicinity thus i could blast them in 1 go but they just disapeared after i triggered a rampage.

What a f*cking bullsh*t! And what`s even worse that stupid minigun is completely useless in VC since all you can do with that sh*t is shoot straight forward, you can`t even aim. So if someone starts to attacking you like those diaz`s retards you can`t fight back unless they are few metres away from you. And you can`t even switch to another weapon and Tommy walks slower than those moronic boats sail in VCS so you can`t do sh*t about it!

Jesus!

I spent the last 2 hours trying to do that rampage and i almost lost my mind. I have no idea how i managed to get to 100% in VC 5 years ago thus passing those unbeliavably hard rampages but i know i wont try that again soon.

So i just switched off that old f*cking box of PS2 and go chilling myself lol

Why the hell did they put those damn gangsters when you have to do the rampage on vehicles, just to make things harder than they already are? Man that sucks, please tell me how to pass this sh*t?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Maybe it's cuz you're 79%?  Not sure, cuz I did the Rampages LAST in VC, literally, I had 99% Completion and 1% for the 35 Rampages.  All I know is when I did the one near Fort Baxter I would get a large wanted level by the end, but it disappears once you pass the Rampage so I just kept shooting away.  I was never shot at by anyone involved with Diaz, only police attention there.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:11 PM Edited by MrVance, 27 July 2014 - 05:12 PM.

The main problems with this rampage are;

-plenty of diaz`s goons spawning and attack you

- you get wanted level prety soon so the heli come and shoot on you and you can`t do nothing because you can`t switch the weapons, you can`t run with that minigun and you can`t aim for the heli

- not enough vehicles passing by to blow 15 of them in 2 minutes

That`s one hell of a tough rampage, even harder that one in 3 where you need to headshot some gangsters

If you have some option you can go and check for yourself. Wow i realy can`t believe how i ever passed this one.

And ps, aren`t in VC only 30 of them? In VCS are 35 i think

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I just found some usefull tips here;

http://www.ign.com/f...page-faq-377397

It says that you can pass this particular rampage with tank only so i`ll go for it, it`s the only way for me to pass it.

And you`re right there are 35 of them in VC too.

Now i`m going to try that again lol.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

I never really had a problem with the VC Rampages, tbh.  I also watched "Stilefty" videos on Youtube for those Rampages, all 35 of them.  Once I seen what to do and how it was, I did them myself.  Only Rampages in the 3D Era that gave me trouble was the GTA III ones, about 5-8 of them were very tedious and difficult.  For VCS, only one of them gave me trouble for the most part, but not in VC or LCS gave me trouble.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:38 PM Edited by Militia, 07 September 2014 - 02:40 PM.

I am revising my posts I made when the topic started.  I would give days/weeks/months time length, but today I turned on 8 out of 9 of the GTA games, excluding V, and looked at the actual "Total Playing Time" Stat and this is what I got:

GTA III - Has no such stat, so this game took me 7-8 days to complete to 100%.  77 mission attempts which means I had 4 missions failed (to obtain 4 vehicles that are proofed), 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats

GTA VC - 100% Completion, 26 hours and 8 minutes, 92 mission attempts, 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, of course some of those total mission attempts I failed to obtain just a couple vehicles

GTA SA - 100% Completion, 59 hours and 25 minutes, 210 mission attempts, 3 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, a lot of mission failures since 95% of the vehicles I needed required a mission failure.  Also some missions were just cutscenes, but they counted as mission attempts, too

GTA LCS - 100% Completion, 28 hours and 11 minutes, 126 mission attempts, 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, just a few missions failed to obtain a few vehicles I wanted

GTA VCS - 100% Completion, 33 hours and 48 minutes, 124 mission attempts, 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, a handful of missions failed to obtain some vehicles I wanted

GTA IV - 100% Completion, 57 hours and 49 minutes and 9 seconds, 96 mission attempts, 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 2 missions failed to obtain 2 vehicles

GTA TLaD - 100% Completion, 21 hours and 53 minutes and 26 seconds, 24 mission attempts, 1 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 1 mission failed to obtain 1 vehicle, which also required a death at the same time, too

GTA TBoGT - 100% Completion, 29 hours and 57 minutes and 36 seconds, 26 mission attempts, 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed

I won't list V cuz I want to do another playthrough in this game how I do my other playthroughs.

No witnesses
  • No witnesses

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

Well it certainly took me longer than that @ first post. Idk about most gamers but I certainly don't rush to finish the game. I like to taste and chew my food before I swallow it, so to speak.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Well it certainly took me longer than that @ first post. Idk about most gamers but I certainly don't rush to finish the game. I like to taste and chew my food before I swallow it, so to speak.

Well i always do 1 playtrough to reach 100% but then when i repeat it again i do the main storyline only because i don`t want to 100% completed it more than 1 time. And i admit when i do the replays i rush because that side stuff really isn`t any interesting to me after i completed 100% once. And i did that just for my own achievment otherwise it made me sick doing all the stuff i didn`t like (pigeons, ambulance, taxi, dating etc).

For me, RDR is the only game where i never rush because every side thing is so interesting that i actually enjoy it every time i do it no matter how many replays i`ve already done. For example if i just rush throught the 57 main RDR missions, i do it in 2 days but if i do all the side stuff (hunting challenge, sharpshooting, survivalist, tresaure hunting, bounty hunting, strangers etc..) i need almost 1 week to get it done.

When you do all the side stuff because you actually enjoy doing it and not just for the achievment, than you know that is one hell of a great game you play.

I know it`s a bit offtopic but since RDR is also R*`s game like GTA, it kind of fits in.

As for any GTA game so far, i hate because there were always too short main storyline sections compare to all of the side stuff bullsh*t. I`d prefer at least 50 more main missions and less side stuff.

Bender
  • Bender

Rindfleischettikierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Omg....Shoot me in the head, LOL...WORST part of VCS by far is the Import/Export for the Boats.  FUCCK, did I hate that.  The character can RUN faster than half of those boats, he can even swim as fast or faster than those piece of sh*t boats.  I HATED that.  I'd hold X down, and close my eyes hoping I'd be farther away, but of course not.  Slow trash for sure...

You gotta try swimming with the Spitz-6 ATV, you can do that aswell as drive it but trust me it's much slower than those boats.

we're lucky rockstar didn't try adding that.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users