» «
Photo

What happend to Tommy Vercetti Explained

16 replies to this topic
Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 20 July 2014 - 01:06 PM.

After you have completed the game and taken over everything what happens after for Tommy? Read on

In 1992 when GTA San Andreas is set on the Introduction DVD Ken Rosenberg is seen making a call to Tommy but is refused by someone on the phone. It could be argued that it is some receptionist however we do not know for 100% fact who answered the phone if this was a man or women or even anyone working for Tommy. This can be seen on this

video from 12:32

However there is multiple references made to Tommy in one way or another threw out the GTA San Andreas Introduction DVD for example directly from the mouth of Salvatore Leone also from GTA 3 and GTA Liberty City Stories he states to Johnny about how he thought he thought he ran things in liberty city since sonny forelli got pasted(killed) down in Florida aka Vice City, not one mention is made of Tommy but it is clear this is a reference to him. This can be viewed from 9:24 into the above linked video. before this Ken is seen at the Fort Carson Medical Centre in San Andreas indicating the reason he is no longer with Tommy is due to a drug problem..

In the full game GTA San Andreas there are references made to Tommy in the mission the Meat Business with Ken Rosenberg Ken mentions Tommy in front of CJ and Cj does not seem to have any clue who Tommy Vercetti even is.Video and time included

play from 6:06 for the Tommy reference

Last but not least in GTA San Andreas the truth mentions a mob take over of a garage from Vice City clearly a reference to Tommy Vercettis mob showing that after Tommy took over Vice City he expanded into San Andreas with the garage. Hopefully some can post the name of the mission where he says that as i have been unable to find it.

In GTA Liberty City Stories outside the Saint Marcos Bistro there are three billboards one has the apartments from Vice City as what they looked like under Vercettis control and with it being 1998 seems to suggest tommy is still in control. When you look at GTA Vice City Stories set in 1984 when you take over business with Victor Vance or gain turf things change or businesses look a lot different. The apartments in Vice City on the billboards outside the Saint Marcos Bistro in GTA LCS 98 seem to suggest this as no changes have been made since 1986.

On the website Kent Paul set in October 1st 2012 http://www.kentpaul.com/ there was a small comment from Kent Paul on a page stating Tommy is still alive and in power.

After this date it is unknown what has happened to Tommy or if he is still in power. These are all valid and confirmed facts. Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the read. Feel free to share this post with others all i ask is that you give credit.

• Kalerney and Osho like this

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:25 AM Edited by toxluv, 22 July 2014 - 02:28 AM.

I think that Rockstar wanted Tommy Vercetti to physically appear in GTA: San Andreas, but since they had a dispute with Ray Liotta they were no longer able to do so. It would have been pretty cool, though.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

I always had this strange feeling, if Tommy ever makes a return, then most likely as an antagonist.

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think that Rockstar wanted Tommy Vercetti to physically appear in GTA: San Andreas, but since they had a dispute with Ray Liotta they were no longer able to do so. It would have been pretty cool, though.

I wonder what his role would have been. If he was in power, do you think he would leave Vice City? I am sure that Ken could have finally reached him and maybe there could have been a little team-up between him and CJ.

By the way, I never knew about this dispute between Rockstar Games and Ray Liotta until sometime recently.

One Man Standing
  • One Man Standing

Keep up motherf*cker!

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by One Man Standing, 23 July 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Look at the readings on the wall. They say that cj is dead, tommy is dead,vic is dead, claude is dead, tony is dead...

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:42 AM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 26 July 2014 - 08:45 AM.

Look at the readings on the wall. They say that cj is dead, tommy is dead,vic is dead, claude is dead, tony is dead...

Where does it say Tommy Vercetti? That could be anyone named Tommy. And GTA IV is a separate universe to the 3D universe so even if they where dead in the GTA IV Universe it still wouldnt affect the 3D GTA Universe as they are separate from each other. By the way we have yet to see Rockstar explain how the GTA IV Universe Tommy,Carl,Toni etc died.

The events in the GTA 3 universe never happened in the GTA IV universe so they would explain how some people may have lived similar life's like lazlow but with different events than those that happened in the GTA 3 era would also explain the different layouts of the maps and gangs, bosses etc..

Its just something you explain to answer questions really.

toxluv
  • toxluv

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by toxluv, 26 July 2014 - 11:45 PM.

That graffiti doesn't mean that they're physically dead (except Vic Vance), it simply means that we'll never see them again.

@The Mysterious One: Maybe he just wanted to expand his business in the West Coast taking advantage of the fact that Ken Rosenberg was moving there, since he was his only trusted friend at the end of GTA: Vice City.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

Maybe instead of robbing Salvatore we would rob Vercetti, lol.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

I read somewhere that there is an easter egg in Gta Sa related to Tommy. It said that 'during the mission 555 WE TIP, when going to the destination marker, you will see a cop car chasing another car. Look carefully, the driver will be Tommy Vercetti'. Haven't tried it though.

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 4 weeks ago

I would love it if Rockstar would do this (ok it's hard but it would be perfect).
Make a GTA for what happened before and after (for example: ) GTA 3
Like Claude's early life, including a few missions, and after GTA3 a few missions
Tommy's early life a few missions (we know much about it thou') and a few missions and a few missions after GTA Vice City (like did he die?)

Carl's early life, a few missions, and after GTA SA (we already know he didn't die, but we all would love to know about his mom's and brother's death, and what he did after SA)
Toni's early life, a few missions, and after GTA LCS what happened, and a few missions

Same with Victor and Niko (BTW was he from Croatia or Serbia or...) Johnny (ok we know he died but...) Luis
And a few missions of early life of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor.
:r*:  
WE LOVE ROCKSTAR!

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, Rockstar confirmed it was a joke.

I read somewhere that there is an easter egg in Gta Sa related to Tommy. It said that 'during the mission 555 WE TIP, when going to the destination marker, you will see a cop car chasing another car. Look carefully, the driver will be Tommy Vercetti'. Haven't tried it though.

WOW bro. You tried it yet?

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

he still alive with mercedes. :/

jayjay35
  • jayjay35

This sh*t is whack son!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Tommy is still alive and in control, but, he must probably be retired, I calculated and he would be 63 years old (born in 1951) so IMO, he's probably retired, drinking a good whiskey poolside with mercedes! :D

• OdysseyVoyager likes this

OdysseyVoyager
  • OdysseyVoyager

Gambetti Crime Family

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Tommy is still alive and in control, but, he must probably be retired, I calculated and he would be 63 years old (born in 1951) so IMO, he's probably retired, drinking a good whiskey poolside with mercedes! :D

That's pretty logical actually lol...

• jayjay35 likes this

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 4 weeks ago.

I wonder what ray liottas and Rockstar Games reaction would be if a ton of gta fans took the initiative to contact them and ask the both to consider bringing back Tommy and to work out there differences.The fans deserve it since they where the ones that made GTA Vice City a success by buying and supporting it.

Is it possible to contact Ray directly or threw his agent to ask can't hurt for GTA Fans to try right? If not a game a special DVD - Blu Ray movie detailing Tommy s life after the events of Vice City id buy that. Maybe even have some characters for past games make appearances to make it epic and add some comedic situations.

josephmandm
  • josephmandm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would love it if Rockstar would do this (ok it's hard but it would be perfect).
Like Claude's early life, including a few missions, and after GTA3 a few missions
Tommy's early life a few missions (we know much about it thou') and a few missions and a few missions after GTA Vice City (like did he die?)
Carl's early life, a few missions, and after GTA SA (we already know he didn't die, but we all would love to know about his mom's and brother's death, and what he did after SA)
Toni's early life, a few missions, and after GTA LCS what happened, and a few missions
Same with Victor and Niko (BTW was he from Croatia or Serbia or...) Johnny (ok we know he died but...) Luis
WE LOVE ROCKSTAR!

WE LOVE ROCKSTAR!

My friend. I've already started on this, I've started creating it in Dyom with a group of 15 people, we're gonna TRY to pitch it to rockstar, hopefully, it'll be a "San Andreas stories" but it will take place exactly one year after San Andreas, and is the perfect way to sum up the 3d universe, it explains everything from claude before gta 3, how toni became a capo, what tommy was doing after vice city, and how Carl managed los santos after.

Spoiler: They all end up meeting at one point in the story. Only 2 of them live.

Keep in mind it makes sence with the rest of the gta games, can be played in chronological order and will still flow nicely with What comes after (gta liberty city stories and gta 3)

Onett
  • Onett

Everything ripped apart in a New York minute.

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

:r*:  WE LOVE ROCKSTAR!

:r*:  WE LOVE ROCKSTAR!

My friend. I've already started on this, I've started creating it in Dyom with a group of 15 people, we're gonna TRY to pitch it to rockstar, hopefully, it'll be a "San Andreas stories" but it will take place exactly one year after San Andreas, and is the perfect way to sum up the 3d universe, it explains everything from claude before gta 3, how toni became a capo, what tommy was doing after vice city, and how Carl managed los santos after.
Spoiler: They all end up meeting at one point in the story. Only 2 of them live.
Keep in mind it makes sence with the rest of the gta games, can be played in chronological order and will still flow nicely with What comes after (gta liberty city stories and gta 3)

That sounds really awesome. Also, since Toni's alive in 1998 and 2001 I'm guessing Tommy dies?
  • josephmandm likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users