Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will you be buying GTA 5 on next gen digitally or physically?

213 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you get a digital or physical copy? (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you get a digital or physical copy?

1. Digital (71 votes [31.98%])

Percentage of vote: 31.98%

2. Physical (151 votes [68.02%])

Percentage of vote: 68.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
spidey1234
  • spidey1234

Everything happens for a reason.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'll be buying it digitally, since my brother always switches the game I play when I'm done with a session with another game, so I have to go switch the game back, but with this game I won't have to do that.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Oracle

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:13 AM Edited by Killzone3265, 20 July 2014 - 09:14 AM.

are you that lazy?

buying digital is only for most indie games

why risk losing everything when you can make a disc last years, like, how ive managed to keep all my gamecube stuff in mint condition while owning it from the age of four lol

• FATMANYOU2, esato and JRock462 like this

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

are you that lazy?

why risk losing everything when you can make a disc last years, like, how ive managed to keep all my gamecube stuff in mint condition while owning it from the age of four lol

1. GTA 5 on PS4 will be the first AAA digital game I buy.

2. If anything happens to the ps4, PS Plus digital storage and just download stuff back....

• VIPΣR and SimsDaniel916 like this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Physical discs are better.

I hate digital downloading because of my 8GB/month bandwidth.

• JRock462 likes this

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

I wouldn't if I were buying It again for 360 cos that things packing in and chewing my discs but ill be buying the disc for pc, if it doesn't run then f*ck but at least I can get a refund unlike with steam/digital download.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

physically. maybe bundled with the ps4, not sure if u want my nextgen gta in a bundle though

lozzy1234567890
  • lozzy1234567890

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:19 AM Edited by lozzy1234567890, 20 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

are you that lazy?

What do you mean losing everything? A disk may last years, but digital downloads has no "expiry date" even if the console breaks, all you have to do is re-download it on a new console. You don't lose it at all.

As for being lazy, how is it any different from buying the game online and getting it in the post? Having a digital copy is efficient, lazy would be buying another console just to not change games.

Digital all the way for me.

• SimsDaniel916 and VictinisRage like this

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:21 AM Edited by spidey1234, 20 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

​

Well, of course if you don't have great internet/bandwidth, you should go physical.

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

If I end up getting next gen, prolly disc.

Discs are cool.

• JRock462 likes this

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Anyone else want to share their choosing

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Digital.

I like being able to access the game on the go. 

• SimsDaniel916 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:34 AM Edited by sultangris, 20 July 2014 - 09:36 AM.

where da fuq you live? that sucks.  i get unlimited, at 30 meg up and down fiber for 45$ a month, booya! lol, ill be going digital, discs get sratched.  used to think physical discs were better too but ive come over to the digital side now that i have fast internet and the fact that disc drives are slow, discs get damaged and digital drives are increasing in speed and have no moving parts so they create no heat.  the disc version has more problems on the ps3 cause it runs too hot and the ps3 already has cooling issues, dont need any extra heat.  sadly their disc drives are slow and still moving but pop a solid state in a ps4 if they dont already have one and problems will be less.  only downside to digital would be if they decided to deny you access to it but i dont really see that happening without a massive class action lawsuit to follow, heh

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

eyy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

What if GTA V on the PS3 store and PS4 store are considered the same games? So if I bought it on PS3, I'll be able to download it again on PS4?
God, I hope this is true.

• JclynJean likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

I prefer physical copies.

• adictoGTA and JRock462 like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Digitally. I'm a minimalist and I don't need stuff taking up space.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

i will buy a physical copy in a digital manner with analogue currency

• MilezDawg and Fallcreek like this

karl2
  • karl2

kaaaarl!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

I'll be buying it digitally, since my brother always switches the game I play when I'm done with a session with another game, so I have to go switch the game back, but with this game I won't have to do that.

why does this interesst you so much?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

I prefer physical copies.

why?

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

What if GTA V on the PS3 store and PS4 store are considered the same games? So if I bought it on PS3, I'll be able to download it again on PS4?
God, I hope this is true.

that is called cross-buy, which won't happen because GTA 5 is too big and sales would decrease for next gen

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Through Steam so....digitally

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

Digital is always better but will depend if they do a digital deluxe edition or collectors editions will only be physical.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

are you that lazy?

I'm the same way. I prefer physical copies to things. This extends to books, movies and music (that I actually want to own and take care of).

Both types have their pros/cons and really comes down to personal preference.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hmm, physical for PS4, Steam digital download for PC.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by ToyGT_one, 20 July 2014 - 10:36 AM.

I want the physically one's for PS4 but after what happened here, i think i can't get one (for any console/pc) and had to get it digitally.

Blackous666
  • Blackous666

CoD HATER

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Physical for PS4

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:38 AM Edited by TheMcSame, 20 July 2014 - 10:40 AM.

Personally, I'll be going for both. Physical for console (because digital console game prices are like £15 more in the UK for some reason) and digital for steam.

are you that lazy?

Please tell me this guy is a troll. I don't think he realises digital content lasts much longer than physical content if he's being serious.

stormy1
  • stormy1

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

For me digital copies are so overpriced, when you buy a physical copy you have the security of being able to sell it. So if you don't like that digital game your stuck with it with 50 quid down the drain. I think they should be priced at 30 quid as opposed to 50 because of the risk there is involved in buying a digital copy. Ultimately this is why none of us want to go digital, you look at far cry 3 on the xbox live market and its still priced at 25 quid when I bought it at the same price 3 months after its release brand new. 

• Nomad0202 and JRock462 like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Personally, I'll be going for both. Physical for console (because digital console game prices are like £15 more in the UK for some reason) and digital for steam.

are you that lazy?

Please tell me this guy is a troll. I don't think he realises digital content lasts much longer than physical content if he's being serious.

well its unlikely you are gonna be able to access your digital ps3 info by the time its as old as the gamecube, lol!  they wont host that sh*t forever, and will they let you download it so you can create your own disc? unlikely, but i for one wont be giving a sh*t about a sh*tty game on a sh*tty system when theres new better games on better systems.  ive not touched any of my previous systems after i got the new one, except for the original nintendo,

For me digital copies are so overpriced, when you buy a physical copy you have the security of being able to sell it. So if you don't like that digital game your stuck with it with 50 quid down the drain. I think they should be priced at 30 quid as opposed to 50 because of the risk there is involved in buying a digital copy. Ultimately this is why none of us want to go digital, you look at far cry 3 on the xbox live market and its still priced at 25 quid when I bought it at the same price 3 months after its release brand new. 

yea cause its really worth the time and effort to go to gamestop and get that 3$ they pay for used games, ill throw it in the trash before i sell it to those clowns for nothing, haha!

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

are you that lazy?

You can just download stuff again dude, also it can be safer if stored on a HDD then just on a disc. I have many bad experiences with laser failures and i bought GTA V digital. Why? Cheapest option. Won PSN cards worth of $60 on an auction for $30. Bought GTA V with that.

Also downloading GTA V didn't take that long with my 40mbps internetz 'not that fast but fast enough' No more keeping a disc clean or worrying about my laser dieing.

• VIPΣR and VictinisRage like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

are you that lazy?

You can just download stuff again dude, also it can be safer if stored on a HDD then just on a disc. I have many bad experiences with laser failures and i bought GTA V digital. Why? Cheapest option. Won PSN cards worth of $60 on an auction for $30. Bought GTA V with that.

Also downloading GTA V didn't take that long with my 40mbps internetz 'not that fast but fast enough' No more keeping a disc clean or worrying about my laser dieing.

probably took less time than installing it from the slow ass 9 year old disc drive that your ps3 has too! haha!  f*cking took me like 30 min or more to install 8 gigs, crazy slow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users