modded cars on consoles?

17 replies to this topic
DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

what up gta nation, so ive been thinking about this for some time now, and i want to shed some light on it.

so we all know that consoles never been able to be extremely modable like pc, however, that was when new cars wouldnt be updated into the game.

however now rockstar can put new cars in the game on consoles, so its obvious that they use some sort of software for this correct?  so if an individual gets hold of this software, then presumably, you can mod your own cars into the game.  if all my logic is correct, i think that we may be able to use mods on the console version also.

in short, if someone can get a car, then somehow get to "update" their game, then they can have the car in the game.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Not until we crack the model formula entirely.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

so it is possible though.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, got skippy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

In theory, yes. But likely to happen? Probably not.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

In theory, yes. But likely to happen? Probably not.

you never know though.  a lot of people can do some crazy things with modding.  just look at the underglow on gta 4.

bitd
  • bitd

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

what up gta nation, so ive been thinking about this for some time now, and i want to shed some light on it.

so we all know that consoles never been able to be extremely modable like pc, however, that was when new cars wouldnt be updated into the game.

however now rockstar can put new cars in the game on consoles, so its obvious that they use some sort of software for this correct?  so if an individual gets hold of this software, then presumably, you can mod your own cars into the game.  if all my logic is correct, i think that we may be able to use mods on the console version also.

in short, if someone can get a car, then somehow get to "update" their game, then they can have the car in the game.

Its more a less impossible. The update comes through Sony or Microsoft itself. Rockstar create the update and then send it to Sony or Microsoft to upload. You'd never be able to do that!!! Plus you'll find the models of cars are created on their dev software, which will be impossible to get 

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

As a DLC probably.

Rockstar should make a PC modder contest for a Player's Choice DLC, including the winners in that update on all consoles.

Romarique
  • Romarique

Supreme Being

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

how about this: modders can do there thing on PC, and if it's good and "clears", it could become "Rockstar verified" and become part of some kind of patch or dlc.

sound good?

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

You can mod consoles. Its just not as easy as it is on PC. Hell you can slap custom cars in the III/VC/SA mobile versions.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by coldmurda, 23 July 2014 - 04:18 PM.

It will never be possible to have modded cars that other players can see (in terms of model modding) if that is what your asking. Rockstar can only add cars via game updates, so a modder would have to some how hack Rockstar or psn/xbl and add there car mod to the next gta update pkg in order for everyone to see it lmfao.

Otherwise it has theoretically always been possible to mod cars in this way.

triplem
  • triplem

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by triplem, 24 July 2014 - 12:43 AM.

I was playing online yesterday (PS3), and I'm convinced two guys have managed to do slight modifications and hack the game somehow?

Now, unless I'm wrong, the Liberator is not a vehicle that can be customized right? Well, I was in passive mode or whatever you call it, and two guys where roaring around in Liberators... one looked normal, the other had a slightly different shape to the body, and it was all chrome, that mirror paint job look. Someone else showed up on the scene as these guys where trying to take me down, even tho you can't, however, one seemed to be able to see me, and did shoot at me and hit me, like I was visible and not in spectate mode(?)... I ran and jumped behind something, then he focused on the other guy in the area... I stood on a brick wall and the guy in the chrome shine truck slammed into it, hoping I was there... then he parked the truck, got out and ran over to the other guy where his friend was to pull the guy out of the car and shoot him... which he did. But I took the opportunity to steal his truck. I was in the Hollywood area thing near Michael's house, and managed to steal the truck and get it all the way to the air port.... then I see the guys username appear in the truck... and he took control of the truck... I was still in it, then for some reason he jumped out and I got control again... I figured I would go and drown his truck in the ocean if he can manage to do that... but then as I hit the sand, he was back in the truck again somehow, and took control.... I guess he knew what I was thinking, because suddenly the truck stops, and my character gets out, and starts casually walking towards the ocean... I had no control at all. Somehow he was controlling me! I wasn't about to give him the pleasure of making me kill myself with him at the control, so I quit the game on him.

Also, another thing... while those two where driving around killing anyone who came near them, one of them was shooting at me from in the liberator... only not with machine guns, with rockets!

And also again, the liberator is a shape like a cabin truck... this other guy using the shiny chrome one, the shape of the truck resembled the same look as an actual popular monster truck named Grave Digger. Kind of an old 50's shape, only in the game it was all chrome like I said.

As for the other guy in the regular looking Liberator, he was driving up and down the cliff-side like it was nothing. It was like he had no boundaries on traction, depth and what not. He just sped up the side of the cliff, sat there and waited for people to come by, then sped down and attacked them with the other guy. And when I say sped up the cliff side where theres usually no traction, I mean he was up the top within 2 second, with the truck not even hesitating to get up there. He did this constantly, not just once or twice.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

It will never be possible to have modded cars that other players can see (in terms of model modding) if that is what your asking. Rockstar can only add cars via game updates, so a modder would have to some how hack Rockstar or psn/xbl and add there car mod to the next gta update pkg in order for everyone to see it lmfao.

no but in single player it has to be.  if rockstar can add in cars without planning to have them in the first place, then logically, if someone can do exactly what rockstar does to make cars, then it should work.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

And also again, the liberator is a shape like a cabin truck... this other guy using the shiny chrome one, the shape of the truck resembled the same look as an actual popular monster truck named Grave Digger. Kind of an old 50's shape, only in the game it was all chrome like I said.

Wtf are you playing, seriously.

The Liberator has always been a van (like the Grave Digger) and it's just a simple Chrome paintjob modification. Nothing groundbreaking. 

triplem
  • triplem

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:39 AM Edited by triplem, 24 July 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Wtf are you playing, seriously.

The Liberator has always been a van (like the Grave Digger) and it's just a simple Chrome paintjob modification. Nothing groundbreaking. 

no, the front end was different, and the cabin was completely different. The truck can be modded? Each time I try it tells me the truck can not be modified, and how did he keep spawning back inside the truck with me? Then take over my controls of my custom character? Not to mention how the hell was that other guy just driving up the cliff side like it was nothing? It was like he could drive up walls and traction etc did not matter!

The front of the liberator is what it is... but the one I took from this guy had a shape more like this http://www.gravedigg...Rotator5(1).jpg it wasn't completely the same, it had a bumper bar and whatever.... I wish I had time to have taken a snap of it to explain it better... but it's like somehow the liberator had a different shell on it, I'm wondering now, perhaps it's not so much a replacement mod, as more somehow they worked out a way to customize other cars in the game to have the liberator wheels/chassis etc and put another model ontop of it?

I dunno if it was a glitch, or what, but even today I ran over someone going at full speed in a cheetah, he bounced off the car and flipped through the air a couple of times, slid across the street, yet no indication I had killed him, so I spun around and he's standing there with a bazooka ready for me. HAha, I dunno if was a glitch, hack or just damn lucky on his part.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

no but in single player it has to be.  if rockstar can add in cars without planning to have them in the first place, then logically, if someone can do exactly what rockstar does to make cars, then it should work.

What are you trying to say? This has always been possible, GTA4, SanAnadreas, etc..

What do you think has changed? Are you talking about how there use to be a limit to how many cars could be in the game? Because we could always work around that.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

GTA Nation...? What?

On topic: No, I don't think so. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 25 July 2014 - 04:21 PM.

What the hell are you talking about? They add cars in the game with planning, how else do they put it in? It's not modding, it's called an update, or you can call it a patch. Modding is actually modifying the files inside the game, which is impossible on a console unless you get your console chipped (jailbreaked).

Gotthejuice187
  • Gotthejuice187

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

We should plan a heist to get it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users