Photo

What would Packie do...

27 replies to this topic
Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

If he discovered the fact Niko killed his brother?

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Honestly, I don't think Packie ever liked Francis, but family is important to Irishmen, so he would probably go crazy. I don't think he would kill Niko though, I think he would go for Roman. Same goes for killing Derrick.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

I don't know if Packie would kill him. If Gerald heard what went down l, he will blame Packie for bringing in the man who killed his brother.
  • Revenge of the Donut likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

I really don't think he'd care. He wasn't exactly close to any of them.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Is this not the same Packie that nearly cried because dumb as sh*t Michael Keane died?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:29 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 20 July 2014 - 08:29 AM.

Is this not the same Packie that nearly cried because dumb as sh*t Michael Keane died?

Well in GTA V:

Spoiler

So basically that leaves us with two options:

1) The choice for killing Derrick (in Blood Brothers) is canon.

OR

2) Derrick died anyway. (Because of all the drugs and stuff)

I think the first one is more true because I can just imagine the fact that even if Packie found that Niko killed Derrick. He'd have probably let it slide because Derrick was already dying.

As for Francis, Packie and him were never friends anyways. Packie was more close to Gerry than Derrick or Francis for that matter. You saw how Francis said to his mother: "I don't care about Packie" and how Packie used to speak about Francis. "He's just as crooked as the rest of us". Both Gerald and Packie never really liked Francis and Francis never liked them either.

I honestly feel that the choice to kill Derrick during "Blood Brothers" is canon.

• SonOfLiberty, Jeansowaty and tfroam like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Francis stole money from the collection pans as a child. He and Gerald erupted into many fights before, but Gerald seems to like him oddly, or at least seems more bothered by Francis' death. Besides, Derrick was a snitch who put a lot of people in jail. Bucky Sligo and O'Malleh got f*cked in the end by the guy who ruined them in the first place.
  • SonOfLiberty likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Pretty much. Derrick went crazy towards the end and I don't think Packie would mind him being dead at all for the reasons you mentioned. So I still firmly believe that killing Derrick is canon. It just makes more sense anyway.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Maureen must have died shortly after the story ended.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Maureen was really old, I'm sure she would have died before the events of GTA V:

So that leaves us with only 4 remaining McRearys:

Gerald

Francis

Packie

Kate

Now two of these people's fates are determinant. So that leaves us with Packie and Gerald. Packie can be killed during a heist in GTA V, so the only person in the family we can say with absolute certainty is alive is Gerald.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Packie can't die in any heist in GTA V.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Oh that's cool then. I haven't played V yet I just spoiled myself some things.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Well in GTA V:

Spoiler

OR

I think the first one is more true because I can just imagine the fact that even if Packie found that Niko killed Derrick. He'd have probably let it slide because Derrick was already dying.

As for Francis, Packie and him were never friends anyways. Packie was more close to Gerry than Derrick or Francis for that matter. You saw how Francis said to his mother: "I don't care about Packie" and how Packie used to speak about Francis. "He's just as crooked as the rest of us". Both Gerald and Packie never really liked Francis and Francis never liked them either.

I honestly feel that the choice to kill Derrick during "Blood Brothers" is canon.

I disagree, Derrick was very old by the storyline of GTA IV, and with those drug habits, it's hard to believe that he would live until GTA V anyway. In Blood Brothers I'll always kill Francis (I hate that guy, the same as I hate Tenpenny).

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

I really do not know what Packie would do. Packie did not really care about his two potentially murderable brothers. That is for sure but I still believe he prefers Derrick. To respond to Kampret, I join you: I always kill Francis because I hate this guy so much and he is one of the reasons why the LCPD is not respected and not taken seriously. As you talked about Tenpenny, I kind of like his charism but he might be because of Samuel L. Jackson.
  • dreaded_verse and Kampret like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

packie probably wouldent be to upset especially francis. maybe derrick alittle because when you kill aiden packie was anxious to kill him. but he would have been more upset if gerry died. which (going off topic alittle) makes me wonder if gerry is still in the prison today. or if he broke out in tlad. it would have been cool if he was in gta 5. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Get lost is the earliest ending of the three. It predates the Anchelotti kidnappings, which means he's not in jail. Or is he? I'm 80% sure I'm right.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

yea its hard to say because the storyline can be played differently some missions get done before others.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, you're right. You can do the Anchelotti missions as late as the mission Pest Control.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Luis Lopez is The Best HD era GTA Character Ever Created

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Ancelotti***

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

If he discovered the fact Niko killed his brother?

He would weep in a bar and drink himself to Los Santos, where he would get picked up by Trevor and taken to the Altruist Camp because he should've been dead a long time ago.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Packie can't die in any heist in GTA V.

He can however be taken to the Altruist Camp by Trevor, if not picked up by Franklin (or Michael(?)) first. There, there is no proof that he is dead; but he is presumed so due to upon entering the Altruist Camp you are stripped of all weapons, so he can go bye bye.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yes, that's true indeed. I think that eliminates him from ever appearing again.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

packie probably wouldent be to upset especially francis. maybe derrick alittle because when you kill aiden packie was anxious to kill him. but he would have been more upset if gerry died. which (going off topic alittle) makes me wonder if gerry is still in the prison today. or if he broke out in tlad. it would have been cool if he was in gta 5. 

I don't think he would've escaped though. He's put in like what, maximum security + 50 years sentencing.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

When would this happen? In the past (GTA IV) or present (GTA V)?

Well, Packie has access to car bombs, so he would probably use them in some of Nikos Cars. He could also play a "Silent Hero", and give LCPD a nameless hint about Niko. After all, Niko did rob the bank of LC. Derrick and Michael Kaine are both dead, so only persons alive after the heist would be Niko and Packie.

Extended plot twist ending!

Spoiler

• jkim_1 likes this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

Well in GTA V:

Spoiler

OR

I disagree, Derrick was very old by the storyline of GTA IV, and with those drug habits, it's hard to believe that he would live until GTA V anyway. In Blood Brothers I'll always kill Francis (I hate that guy, the same as I hate Tenpenny).

He was old, but he wasn't that old. On some sites, it said that he was 53, but with the life he led, not to mention the drugs he took, he aged pretty fast. He was gray, but he looked like he was in his 60s as opposed to 50s. Plus, I don't doubt that he was the eldest child.

• Kampret likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

From the gist of the conversation it seemed like Packie knew but it's been about a week.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Realistically he'd probably just give Niko a call: "Hey Niko, I'm gonna have to put some distance between us for a while." And Niko would say "I understand, Packie."

I don't think he'd be mad, or send thugs or anything. Packie understood that criminals need to make tough choices sometimes.

Webster.
  • Webster.

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

I really don't think he'd care. He wasn't exactly close to any of them.

I think he would care, but he wouldn't personally kill Niko. It wouldn't really be the fact that Francis/Derrick were killed, it would be discovering that his closest friend did it. I know he would be hurt, probably witnessing the amount of suffering from his Ma and Kate. Even when those Albanians ambush Niko and Packie at the funeral, he asks Niko to protect and do anything for the McReary family. If he found out that he betrayed Packie and killed one of his own brothers, he would of went crazy. As I said, Packie was really close to Niko as a friend and I wouldn't really think he would kill Niko on his own. He would of probably hired a squad to kill him. I don't think he would go as far as killing his entire family, as he wasn't really the psychopath type.

Or another theory - as Joe Chips mentioned - Packie perhaps would of called Niko and told him that the pair couldn't be friends because of the situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users