Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else bought a xbox1/ps4 for gta 5?

133 replies to this topic
IanE55
  • IanE55

Santa hats? Too mainstream.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

No but I kinda want an Xbox One.

mmm... Forza Horizon 2

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

No but I kinda want an Xbox One.

mmm... Forza Horizon 2

Yesss...also The Crew will probably take me away from gta

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

I got a PS4 early on and am happily playing BF4. With Assassin's Creed and every other cross-gen title there was a thing where "if you bought this on last gen, you can also get it on next gen if you pay 10 bucks on PSN" but I guess Rockstar's too good for that. I left GTA around December when I got the PS4, and check in every now and then to see if Rockstar has fixed the grindfest it was then and released heists yet. Ridiculous that it's getting close to a year without a much advertised feature. This would be like advertising the GPS system in a car and making it so that when you get in the car, the GPS doesn't work yet because it's not finished on your new car.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

I have a ps4 and Xbox one.  GTA V will never be played on either.  There's no way I'll give Rockstar anymore cash after they made me play the broken GTA online beta for 9 months.  It's not like the game will be improved enough to warrant $60 let alone $400 for a console.  There are several titles coming in the fall I will be playing instead.  I would have thought Rockstar would have made some single player DLC or heists by now.  Instead the greedy bastards think they will earn more cash repackaging the same game on a new console.  What a joke, now we just need EA to buy them and complete the downfall. 

• NecroNeedle likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by sultangris, 20 July 2014 - 05:31 AM.

Hell no, not for this Saints Row ripoff. I'll just wait for GTA VI and some other new games and then buy a PS4. If GTA VI is like GTA V i won't even bother buying it, let alone buy a console for just this game.

I'll just get 'not buy' GTA V for pc and mod it to hell and back. Thats about it.

lol, yer dumb, saints row is a rip off of GTA and GTA is 1000X better, well gta 4 was anyway, I bought saints row after beating gta cause it looked like a similar style game and i loved gta but saints row didnt measure up and had f*cked up controls so i quit playing it.  GTA for life brah! GTA is the reason i bought a ps2 and a ps3. Anyways ill be buying it on PC, 1000x better than ps4 or xbox one.

Death Magnetic
  • Death Magnetic

Not such a n00b

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

I will get an xbone, but not for gta 5.
I will probably get a copy of The Division, dystopian games are some of my favorite games, and this one looks good already from the trailer.
[/spoiler] but gta 5 trailer looked good too...
[/spoiler]

ktek01
  • ktek01

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

I will probably get a PS4 at the end of this year, and probably get GTA V for it as well. I plan on getting it anyway, just curious to see how much racing and sniping improve with the newer console, but not going to buy it just get the newest version of GTA V. I am also hoping there wont be any UFOs or invisible off the radar tanks on the new version, at least for a while. 

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Peon

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

why would you drop all that cash for a sub par version of the game? I only got it for 360 because it wasnt out on PC but it will be soon so no way in hell would i get a next gen version

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

nope, bought it for the much better games.

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

I bought an Xbox One recently, after the anouncment that GTA5 was going to be released but not solely because GTA5 is going to be released. I've wanted one since Forza 5 came out and Farcry 4 will be out for XBone later this year too. Saying that I probably will get GTA5 for it.

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

I have an xbox one but if they make a GTA V ps4 bundle I'll get that.

I hope they do have a gta bundle

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

No. When the price comes below $500 with a bundle pack then yea. I can afford it now but not that many games I want to play on it and many of my friends won't upgrade and id be bored playing online games with no friends.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

No. When the price comes below $500 with a bundle pack then yea. I can afford it now but not that many games I want to play on it and many of my friends won't upgrade and id be bored playing online games with no friends.

make new Better friends who aren't broke.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have a PS4 but I plan on getting it on PC because mods

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

I got a new PC. But it's not only for GTA V of course...

PS4 or XboxOne, no thanks. Maybe later, for exclusives games that are really interesting for me.

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:14 AM Edited by ace514, 20 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.

No I will not, its not worth buying a new console to play a game that i already played to death and getting bored of it. Plus I doubt there will be huge upgrades anyway.

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Yep gonna pre order it on ps4 tomorrow. Just got a PS4, only got watchdogs but just from that I think GTA5 on current gen will be amazing!

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

i think the people saying they wont buy it are funny.  probably said the same thing about ps3 when they had a ps2 and look at them now, lol!  every one of you chumps is gonna get one and you know it, quit trying to act like you wont, haha!  there is no room for DLC growth on ps3, its hardware is maxed the f*ck out and barely runs it now.  hopefully they make it better and add more stuff to next gen/pc versions, they certainly have the ability.  they could conceivably make gta online into a game like EVE or World of Warcraft style where they just keep adding stuff and making it better and better.  Not possible on the ps3 though and this version is so f*cked they got a long ways to go to achieve anything like that, they know nothing about online games and balance and this one is surprisingly bad.  Im assuming its more because the ps3 is old and slow and just cant handle it but some things suggest that rockstar is simply a buncha retarded monkeys cause stuff thats nots related to sh*tty hardware is still so far out of wack that its embarrassing that they could be so dumb.  anyone whos played a few multiplayer games before can easily see stuff that needs major work, how can they not? there has to be some other underlying reasons, they simply cannot be that stupid that its intentional, cant be! lol! they do like their little jokes and subtle humor, maybe they think its hilarious to grief the players but pissing off your customers isnt very smart either, so i dont quite know what to make of it, lol!

• Demetri_FTO_1. likes this

SlammedSultanRS
  • SlammedSultanRS

Stoned beyond belief! connecticut FTW

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I really hesitate to take it again over the console next-gen but I find that damage on behalf ofrockstar to have announced JUST recently that version GTA V would leave on next-gen where asthey could have informed it to us before the exit of GTA V to prevent that one repurchases the same game twice but it is the buisness.

What country are you from? Wtf is wrong with your typing?

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

I really hesitate to take it again over the console next-gen but I find that damage on behalf ofrockstar to have announced JUST recently that version GTA V would leave on next-gen where asthey could have informed it to us before the exit of GTA V to prevent that one repurchases the same game twice but it is the buisness.

What country are you from? Wtf is wrong with your typing?

ps3 version is a beta test for the pc version and instead of being free like most beta tests they make you buy it to finance the awesomeness that it will be on gta 4.  besides everyone knew the ps4 and xbox 1 were coming out soon and that every game released on the older consoles in the year before they did was gonna be on the new ones as well, they always are, with improvements in graphics and such.

SlammedSultanRS
  • SlammedSultanRS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

When tax returns come in I'll be picking up a ps4 along with a copy of gta5. Idc what anyone says about this game. It's f*ckin sick. There's soooo much to do in this game it's insane! Everyone needs to stop bitching about what's NOT in the game, and appreciate what IS in the game! Obviously gta will be hella better on next gen. I meen just look at the trailer... Those graphics could make any nerds dick hard lol

#sonymasterrace
  • Demetri_FTO_1. likes this

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Death has come to your little town, Sheriff.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Not at the moment. I've paused on getting an Xbox One because the games never really appealed to me enough to convince me to finally make the switch. After GTA V was announced for the current gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, that reason is more than enough for me to make the switch. Even though, I will get almost no money for my Xbox 360 and all the games I have, every little dollar and cent will count. I can't wait for GTA V on the current gen consoles and what R* has in store! A lot, A lot, A lot more can be done now and I'm looking forward for the ride.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

When tax returns come in I'll be picking up a ps4 along with a copy of gta5. Idc what anyone says about this game. It's f*ckin sick. There's soooo much to do in this game it's insane! Everyone needs to stop bitching about what's NOT in the game, and appreciate what IS in the game! Obviously gta will be hella better on next gen. I meen just look at the trailer... Those graphics could make any nerds dick hard lol

#sonymasterrace

true, and theres actually quite a lot in the ps3 version too but you just dont see it most of the time cause the hardware cant render it fast enough.  go to an invite only session and sit still and just watch the npcs and traffic, its pretty neat.  however when your driving around and other players are too none of that stuff spawns cause theres not enough processing power, in my opinion the next gen and pc version should be able to greatly improve upon this and shouldnt have traffic and rocks and buildings spawn 10 feet in front of you when youre going 150mph like it does in ps3, that alone would be good enough reason for me to buy it again.  The other possibilities are just wishful thinking and probably wont happen till gta 6

SlammedSultanRS
  • SlammedSultanRS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

#sonymasterrace

true, and theres actually quite a lot in the ps3 version too but you just dont see it most of the time cause the hardware cant render it fast enough.  go to an invite only session and sit still and just watch the npcs and traffic, its pretty neat.  however when your driving around and other players are too none of that stuff spawns cause theres not enough processing power, in my opinion the next gen and pc version should be able to greatly improve upon this and shouldnt have traffic and rocks and buildings spawn 10 feet in front of you when youre going 150mph like it does in ps3, that alone would be good enough reason for me to buy it again.  The other possibilities are just wishful thinking and probably wont happen till gta 6

I too love to sit around and watch the world go by in Los santos. Especially when it's just me or the only 3 dudes I play with. So much is going on! But like you said once people start getting in the lobby, it turns into a ghost town as far as npc activity goes.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

#sonymasterrace

I too love to sit around and watch the world go by in Los santos. Especially when it's just me or the only 3 dudes I play with. So much is going on! But like you said once people start getting in the lobby, it turns into a ghost town as far as npc activity goes.

totally sucks when you need a car and theres a couple tanks shooting everything and 10 players shooting each other and the games so bogged down that there is no npc traffic at all and the cops quit showing up even though you have 5 stars, occasionally one cop car will show up and instantly despawn when they get out, lol!  ill be glad to be rid of that problem.  im hoping for a larger "live world" so that you can maybe set up a roadblock with vehicles and they will actually stay there if you stay within a block or so instead of disappearing if you turn around like they do now.  not really sure what sort of hardware requirements it would take to pull that off and how far it could remain alive before disappearing but the larger the better for epic sandboxing fun.  ps3 with 256megabytes of ram has them disappearing when you turn around, i cant wait to see what the pc can do with 8, 32 or even 64 gigs of ram, muahaha!

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I bought a PS4, but it wasn't for GTA. You would have to be a total R* stan to do that. To be honest... I haven't even taken my PS4 out of the box yet. I was so close to buying a couple of games, but then I realize I won't really like them. I'm waiting for Far Cry 4, The Division, Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Mortal Kombat X, and Bloodborne. Basically I won't be playing my PS4 that much until 2015. lol 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

I bought a PS4, but it wasn't for GTA. You would have to be a total R* stan to do that. To be honest... I haven't even taken my PS4 out of the box yet. I was so close to buying a couple of games, but then I realize I won't really like them. I'm waiting for Far Cry 4, The Division, Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Mortal Kombat X, and Bloodborne. Basically I won't be playing my PS4 that much until 2015. lol 

take it back and buy one then, the first release always has issues and takes them a version or two to iron it out, plus it will be cheaper probably, haha!

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

take it back and buy one then, the first release always has issues and takes them a version or two to iron it out, plus it will be cheaper probably, haha!

You know I have thought about that also. lol 

Bacon IceCream2
  • Bacon IceCream2

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

no but I will be buying a ps4 soon for gta v

xMaxinatorx
  • xMaxinatorx

HAYVAN!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

i bought a PS4 3 weeks ago after the anouncement. I wanted to buy one a while back beacuse of Watchdogs and Wolfenstein, but the Next-Gen anouncement was the point for me to buy one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users