Jumping?

78 replies to this topic
Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I remember once in GTA 4 online, a mate of mine's bike spiralled put of control, and went sliding down the road on it's side, about to swipemy ankles an kill me. I just tapped A, and just did a little jump over it, and I looked like a total boss, with all my friends watching.

It was kinda cool, but I'm more bothered about crouching. But I think it's probably too late to be added :(

Rockstar removing crouching was the biggest f*ck up I have ever seen them do. I wouldn't have minded its removal if it was replaced with something better but stealth mode is f*cking useless. The stealth mechanics in this game are terrible (I'd even go as far to say that they are worse than San Andreas). I honestly don't get why they removed a feature that has been in every GTA game since GTA Vice City and replace it with something that doesn't do jack sh*t. Why didn't they just combine stealth mode and crouch mode into 1? Or allow us to enter both? I loved crouching in IV because I disliked the cover systems (not just in IV, just in most games in general) so instead I would always just crouch behind a low cover spot without actually getting in cover and shoot. If I wanted to move forward in cover, I'd always be crouching to avoid my chances of getting shot. And at least crouching had an actual use in past games. Stealth mode does f*cking jack sh*t.

• Mr Pickles and matajuegos01 like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

GTA4 was just as bad in lots of situations - jumping down a flight of stairs = faceplant.

But Realism!!!

• esato and ItsThatGuy! like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

San Andreas was great for jumping - i remember when i first say the airport i drove a truck up to the fence and climbed on top of it and then climbed over the fence and stole a plane. it worked so well.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

GTA4 was just as bad in lots of situations - jumping down a flight of stairs = faceplant.

But Realism!!!

AFAIK If you jump down a flight of stairs in IV Niko just rolls and gets back up

• RyanBurnsRed and Kampret like this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by fac316, 20 July 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Overall, Rockstar made a better game, but removed so many little things that made GTA IV great.

Understatement of the century brah, I really thought playing IV+EFLC til V came out all those things like crouching, jumping (w/o faceplanting 90% of the time), grabbing onto ledges, improved driving mechanics and leaving your vehicle on would be literally s no-brainer, shame on me :( Then we have silencers that litreally have no use @ all. I love playing V no doubt (started a new SP campaign) but sometimes stuff like that pinches a nerve for about 3 seconds.

• Choco Taco, Mr Pickles and Misunderstood like this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

I remember the first time I got it and I jumped with Michael near a wall but instead of climbing it he pancaked against it.Granted this was f*cking funny the first couple of times,after 50 it starts to get irritating.

• ddyoung, fac316 and Blennerville like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

If you're standing in front of a ledge your character can grab and push jump, he'll grab it, if he can't grab it, no amount of faceplanting into the wall will make him do so.

Crouching serves a purpose, jumping in place, not so much. 

• Trevorphilipjfry likes this

PatG
  • PatG

I am but a simple farmer tending to my memes

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

If you're standing in front of a ledge your character can grab and push jump, he'll grab it, if he can't grab it, no amount of faceplanting into the wall will make him do so.

Crouching serves a purpose, jumping in place, not so much. 

Uhh.. People had fun using it. That's its purpose. It's way better than faceplanting into a wall. 

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

I always thought it looked hilarious when Niko jumped on the spot.
  • Darth_Starkiller likes this

PatG
  • PatG

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

^ See? Exactly what I meant

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

No, like an ACTUAL purpose man, not like "whee lets jump in place this guy looks silly," I'd assume when you're working with limited memory resources that unnecessary animations like that would waste space better spent on other things.   

I honesty didn't even notice it was removed until I read this topic

PatG
  • PatG

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

No, like an ACTUAL purpose man, not like "whee lets jump in place this guy looks silly," I'd assume when you're working with limited memory resources that unnecessary animations like that would waste space better spent on other things.   

I honesty didn't even notice it was removed until I read this topic

Rockstar keeps adding new quickpress animations with their updates wich are also equally unnecessary. I'm sure that putting in jumping and crouching (and even allowing us to leave engines on) are as easy as putting new quickaction animations.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

because this game has the worst character control of all time.  you arent even controlling your character, you are steering him.  very half assed job with the moving mechanics rockstar.  watch dogs wins by far in this catagory.  hell even gta sa wins.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:46 AM Edited by Xerukal, 22 July 2014 - 04:48 AM.

because this game has the worst character control of all time.  you arent even controlling your character, you are steering him.  very half assed job with the moving mechanics rockstar.  watch dogs wins by far in this catagory.  hell even gta sa wins.

That is not true. 

Aside from some really annoying input lag (TVs and all), the control on foot does FEEL good. It is often very unpredictable when you are in the combat stance, indoors especially. But regular movement and sprinting around is just fine. The best it has been in the HD era. There's also way more subtle touches, animation-wise. Like the player models interacting with doors, climbable surfaces and other contextual environments. Instead of just shoving doors out of the way like an obstacle (IV), lol. 

Watch_Dogs does have a pretty neat "strolling" mechanic. Especially with the profiler out. It looks quite cool. But the movement itself is constricted at its core. It's either free-running across obstacles or walking/sprinting around. There's no dedicated jump button. Or even a faceplant button :p.

• Overmenneske likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

I think the better question is why the characters' instinct is to lean head-first into a free fall.

• Kampret likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

But Realism!!!

How is this just as bad? Unless you're doing it on purpose Niko will just roll and get back up like matejuegos01 said. In GTA V you can faceplant into a wall even if it's not your intention to. I bet most of us done that the first time we tried "repossession".

• DaRkL3AD3R and Kampret like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:23 AM Edited by Blennerville, 22 July 2014 - 09:33 AM.

But Realism!!!

How is this just as bad? Unless you're doing it on purpose Niko will just roll and get back up like matejuegos01 said. In GTA V you can faceplant into a wall even if it's not your intention to. I bet most of us done that the first time we tried "repossession".

Dont let your bias get in the way, some of the jumping and on foot mechanics were better in GTA5 (still not good but better). Some were better in GTA4. But mostly they both suck just as bad.

All the times i jumped down a flight of stairs in gta4 and landed on the steps niko used to fall on his face and there was a delay in getting up just like all the animations. In GTA5 at least they made that better - its kinda reminds me of Uncharted now.

The jumping gaps and over fences and falling off ledges or missing ledges might have been a bit better in GTA4 but lets not sugar coat it, it was still awful and lots of times i faceplanted/fell when trying to do something.

R* need to completely change the physics/mechanics for GTA6, to be more arcadey like San Andreas - i.e. functional, responsive/quick and not so punishing.

The huge delay/slowness with doing anything in GTA4 and GTA5 is so annoying (e.g. jumping out of a car, starting a car).

Falling when anything even slightly taps off you or just in general the characters move like they are off their face drunk.

I actually think R* thinks this stuff is good/funny, which is sad.

Protocol_10
  • Protocol_10

Genius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

GTA V had a lot of disappointing features that they didn't have to change from GTA IV. Stealth mode is cool and all, but if you think about it, it's only a small part of the game that could have easily been overwritten with another new game mechanic or no game mechanic at all and just left crouching and save space by not adding a whole new feature, if that makes any sense.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:26 AM

That is not true. 

Aside from some really annoying input lag (TVs and all), the control on foot does FEEL good. It is often very unpredictable when you are in the combat stance, indoors especially. But regular movement and sprinting around is just fine. The best it has been in the HD era. There's also way more subtle touches, animation-wise. Like the player models interacting with doors, climbable surfaces and other contextual environments. Instead of just shoving doors out of the way like an obstacle (IV), lol. 

Watch_Dogs does have a pretty neat "strolling" mechanic. Especially with the profiler out. It looks quite cool. But the movement itself is constricted at its core. It's either free-running across obstacles or walking/sprinting around. There's no dedicated jump button. Or even a faceplant button :p.

no that is true for the most part.  you are steering your character rather than controlling him.  i dont get what you mean by its constricted.  gta 5 is either walking, climbing things, or running.  a jump button is pretty much useless in gta 5 because you have to be moving for it to work.  watch dogs feels much more fluid and smooth.  similar to gta sa where if you try to turn around, your character will turn on the spot, unlike in gta 5 where they almost walk in a circle to turn around.  and gta is the only game i know of that makes you steer the character rather than control him.

past gtas werent like that, mgs 5 isnt like that, watch dogs isnt like that, saints row isnt like that.  all of these games have very responsive character movement while gta 5 just feels delayed and weird.

• TheOtherRyan, RyanBurnsRed and Protocol_10 like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 July 2014 - 02:05 AM.

That is not true. 

no that is true for the most part.  you are steering your character rather than controlling him.  i dont get what you mean by its constricted.  gta 5 is either walking, climbing things, or running.  a jump button is pretty much useless in gta 5 because you have to be moving for it to work.  watch dogs feels much more fluid and smooth.  similar to gta sa where if you try to turn around, your character will turn on the spot, unlike in gta 5 where they almost walk in a circle to turn around.  and gta is the only game i know of that makes you steer the character rather than control him.

past gtas werent like that, mgs 5 isnt like that, watch dogs isnt like that, saints row isnt like that.  all of these games have very responsive character movement while gta 5 just feels delayed and weird.

Watch_Dogs feels fluid and smooth because it has an emphasis on heavily contextual free-running and occasional parkour. This is both good and bad.

GTA V has contextual climbing mechanics and animations, but the movement system does not rely on them entirely. It is not at the core of the on foot navigation system. Unlike Watch_Dogs.

In WD, most of every movement you make is heavily contextual based on your surroundings. Now again, this isn't bad. Animations and movements that "adapt" to what your character is interacting with are great, but they shouldn't be at the very core of the movement system, because it makes the whole thing feel very automated and disconnected. 

I feel Assassin's Creed has run into the same type of problems as of late, with the even further simplifying of the parkour system. The calculated jumps that were in the tombs of AC II, AC:B and AC:R are pretty much gone. Now it's all just one button + forward. Assassin's Creed Unity seems to have overhauled the system, replacing the challenge of earlier AC games with more options, while still keeping the simplified AC III/AC IV parkour systems somewhat intact for ease of use.  In example, there is a thing called "controlled descent" that lets you easily get down from higher buildings and points on the map without having to do a leap of faith.

As for GTA V, the jumping button being rendered completely useless JUST because you can't jump in place is utter bull. Jumping in place is NOT as relevant as it is made out to be. 

I have recently played through IV and EFLC out of sheer boredom waiting for the PC version, and not once did I feel the need or actual demand to jump in place. Whether it be f*cking around in the open world or general, traversal-based missions. 

Jumping in V does have it's uses, as with IV. Like jumping down some stairs (think of Michael's encounter with Mary-Ann). But what has even more uses is that neat little "faceplant" mechanic that everyone loves so much. Jumping + punching. I have actually managed to gain some insane air by combining this with Trevor's rage mode (invincibility). It is both hilarious and effective, and doesn't get you hurt when you use it with the right character (T). 

It's unrealistic and funny as f*ck, sure. But it gets the job done. Nothing like this is to be found in WD. You're either being edgy mc-motherf*ckin'-ledgy strolling around with your phone out, or you're climbing fences (terrible example, it was the first thing to come to mind, just go with it) and playing AC Lite in terms of navigation. 

Movement in the HD universe feeling like steering was ALWAYS a thing. In Red Dead Redemption, as well. In my personal experience, I actually found this to be remedied easily by a keyboard, something that i'm sure will also be the case with V on PC. But there is definitely a delay on my 360, and it can happen because of multiple reasons, not just the game itself. 

Input delay on consoles is a very real thing. I find it to be very prominent with V in particular, feeling insanely disjointed and unnatural. In my opinion, Max Payne 3 had the best on foot controls in the history of the RAGE engine's existence. But this is probably because it was designed as a linear, on foot-only shooter and many of the decisions that went into making the movement feel the way it does were mostly based on the shooting and not much of anything else. Since there were no vehicles to consider, no various types of vehicle/object exclusive animations (even though MP3 has AMAZING animations in all departments), and so on...

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Watch_Dogs feels fluid and smooth because it has an emphasis on heavily contextual free-running and occasional parkour. This is both good and bad.

GTA V has contextual climbing mechanics and animations, but the movement system does not rely on them entirely. It is not at the core of the on foot navigation system. Unlike Watch_Dogs.

In WD, most of every movement you make is heavily contextual based on your surroundings. Now again, this isn't bad. Animations and movements that "adapt" to what your character is interacting with are great, but they shouldn't be at the very core of the movement system, because it makes the whole thing feel very automated and disconnected. 

I feel Assassin's Creed has run into the same type of problems as of late, with the even further simplifying of the parkour system. The calculated jumps that were in the tombs of AC II, AC:B and AC:R are pretty much gone. Now it's all just one button + forward. Assassin's Creed Unity seems to have overhauled the system, replacing the challenge of earlier AC games with more options, while still keeping the simplified AC III/AC IV parkour systems somewhat intact for ease of use.  In example, there is a thing called "controlled descent" that lets you easily get down from higher buildings and points on the map without having to do a leap of faith.

As for GTA V, the jumping button being rendered completely useless JUST because you can't jump in place is utter bull. Jumping in place is NOT as relevant as it is made out to be. 

I have recently played through IV and EFLC out of sheer boredom waiting for the PC version, and not once did I feel the need or actual demand to jump in place. Whether it be f*cking around in the open world or general, traversal-based missions. 

Jumping in V does have it's uses, as with IV. Like jumping down some stairs (think of Michael's encounter with Mary-Ann). But what has even more uses is that neat little "faceplant" mechanic that everyone loves so much. Jumping + punching. I have actually managed to gain some insane air by combining this with Trevor's rage mode (invincibility). It is both hilarious and effective, and doesn't get you hurt when you use it with the right character (T). 

It's unrealistic and funny as f*ck, sure. But it gets the job done. Nothing like this is to be found in WD. You're either being edgy mc-motherf*ckin'-ledgy strolling around with your phone out, or you're climbing fences (terrible example, it was the first thing to come to mind, just go with it) and playing AC Lite in terms of navigation. 

Movement in the HD universe feeling like steering was ALWAYS a thing. In Red Dead Redemption, as well. In my personal experience, I actually found this to be remedied easily by a keyboard, something that i'm sure will also be the case with V on PC. But there is definitely a delay on my 360, and it can happen because of multiple reasons, not just the game itself. 

Input delay on consoles is a very real thing. I find it to be very prominent with V in particular, feeling insanely disjointed and unnatural. In my opinion, Max Payne 3 had the best on foot controls in the history of the RAGE engine's existence. But this is probably because it was designed as a linear, on foot-only shooter and many of the decisions that went into making the movement feel the way it does were mostly based on the shooting and not much of anything else. Since there were no vehicles to consider, no various types of vehicle/object exclusive animations (even though MP3 has AMAZING animations in all departments), and so on...

the jumping mechanic is extremely downgraded from gta 4 though.  you can no longer grab ledges, and are only allowed to climb over things.  no hanging off of ledges, no shuffling across ledges nothing.  we all know that the parkour in gta 4 was amazing and the game didnt even focus on it.  in gta 5 it was downgraded to (push x to climb over) from (push x to grab).  face it, it was downgraded and the whole character movement is a disappointment compared to other games nowadays.  ive had countless times where i was in a death match and i tried to move, but my character moved too much and fell off a platform.  in other games, when you let go of the stick your character stops on the spot.  in gta 5 though your character still moves a few feet before stopping which is a very bad mechanic.  it takes away from the immersion.

• TheOtherRyan, RyanBurnsRed, Darth_Starkiller and 1 other like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:42 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 July 2014 - 02:43 AM.

The jumping mechanic is extremely downgraded from gta 4 though.  you can no longer grab ledges, and are only allowed to climb over things.  no hanging off of ledges, no shuffling across ledges nothing.  we all know that the parkour in gta 4 was amazing and the game didnt even focus on it.  in gta 5 it was downgraded to (push x to climb over) from (push x to grab).  face it, it was downgraded and the whole character movement is a disappointment compared to other games nowadays.  ive had countless times where i was in a death match and i tried to move, but my character moved too much and fell off a platform.  in other games, when you let go of the stick your character stops on the spot.  in gta 5 though your character still moves a few feet before stopping which is a very bad mechanic.  it takes away from the immersion.

That's hardly associated with the initial concept of jumping. Jumping is jumping. Shimmying is different. It has been removed and that is a disappointment. I remember that one mission (in IV) with Packie that distinctly utilized very minor platforming mechanics, including the shimmying across a billboard-type thing to get to the other side of a building.

The parkour in GTA IV was not amazing. In fact, it didn't really exist. It was quite slow and awkward, but it did the job. Niko was not an Assassin. He didn't need to be. So the existing traversal controls that were there, like shuffling/shimmying across ledges and hanging off of them, were great. But they aren't exactly what comes to mind when you think of parkour.

The "moving too much after letting go of the stick" thing has, again, always been a problem for people in past HD era GTAs. There's always a slight delay. This is even more extreme when in the "combat stance" with your gun out in shootouts (specific to V). However, again in my own experience on PC, I have not found this to be a problem with a keyboard. If only because the input is digital and much more simplified and not at all ambiguous in direction as a thumbstick would be. 

I wouldn't say it takes away from the immersion as much as anything else would. Like all the immersion-breaking issues exclusive to last gen due to limitations. But it's a problem. I'm pretty sure they'll end up implementing something very similar to Max Payne 3's movement system in VI, anyway. Complete with that game's version of the crouch button. It just makes good sense. 

Speaking of crouch, the loss of crouch is far more tragic and unneeded than the loss of jumping while standing still. Truly disappointing and nonsensical. 

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:01 AM

The jumping mechanic is extremely downgraded from gta 4 though.  you can no longer grab ledges, and are only allowed to climb over things.  no hanging off of ledges, no shuffling across ledges nothing.  we all know that the parkour in gta 4 was amazing and the game didnt even focus on it.  in gta 5 it was downgraded to (push x to climb over) from (push x to grab).  face it, it was downgraded and the whole character movement is a disappointment compared to other games nowadays.  ive had countless times where i was in a death match and i tried to move, but my character moved too much and fell off a platform.  in other games, when you let go of the stick your character stops on the spot.  in gta 5 though your character still moves a few feet before stopping which is a very bad mechanic.  it takes away from the immersion.

That's hardly associated with the initial concept of jumping. Jumping is jumping. Shimmying is different. It has been removed and that is a disappointment. I remember that one mission (in IV) with Packie that distinctly utilized very minor platforming mechanics, including the shimmying across a billboard-type thing to get to the other side of a building.

The parkour in GTA IV was not amazing. In fact, it didn't really exist. It was quite slow and awkward, but it did the job. Niko was not an Assassin. He didn't need to be. So the existing traversal controls that were there, like shuffling/shimmying across ledges and hanging off of them, were great. But they aren't exactly what comes to mind when you think of parkour.

The "moving too much after letting go of the stick" thing has, again, always been a problem for people in past HD era GTAs. There's always a slight delay. This is even more extreme when in the "combat stance" with your gun out in shootouts (specific to V). However, again in my own experience on PC, I have not found this to be a problem with a keyboard. If only because the input is digital and much more simplified and not at all ambiguous in direction as a thumbstick would be. 

I wouldn't say it takes away from the immersion as much as anything else would. Like all the immersion-breaking issues exclusive to last gen due to limitations. But it's a problem. I'm pretty sure they'll end up implementing something very similar to Max Payne 3's movement system in VI, anyway. Complete with that game's version of the crouch button. It just makes good sense. 

Speaking of crouch, the loss of crouch is far more tragic and unneeded than the loss of jumping while standing still. Truly disappointing and nonsensical. 

still not being able to jump while standing still makes no sense whatsoever.  its either implement a good parkour system like watch dogs and eliminate jumping all together, or let us jump in place.

just face it, the whole on foot controls are a step back.  in gta 4 you were more free, but still somewhat restricted, in gta 5 you are restricted so that you dont feel like you have control of the character.  thats not good in my book.

on the topic of jumping, you are only allowed to jump while running, or jump and climb.  in gta 4 you could jump and grab, jump in place, jump and climb, jump while running.  its no secret that gta 5 has worse character movement than most other open world games.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

I have nothing to "face". Not until the PC version comes out, anyway. Then I'll properly decide. Because current controls on 360 are heavily influenced by input delay, and judging them with this in mind is not very fair. 

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

I have nothing to "face". Not until the PC version comes out, anyway. Then I'll properly decide. Because current controls on 360 are heavily influenced by input delay, and judging them with this in mind is not very fair. 

Not very fair? hah f*ck off.

but anyways GTA has always been know for its clunky controls.

• DopeFresh likes this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

so then why are all these other games fine when it comes to character movement?  i notice no delays on any of these other games (MGS5, SR3, GTA SA, WD).  so you cant tell me that its not a fair comparison.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:38 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 July 2014 - 03:39 AM.

What a sparkling f*cking contribution you've just made with your ignorance. Fantastic job. 

Input delay is an actual thing in console gaming, much more severe than some cases found in PC gaming. You are dealing with TVs, for sh*t's sake. There is going to be a delay because of all the filters being slapped onto the screen. It is a factor. Most importantly, it does tend to depend on the game. V already has a case of delay in movement on foot on its own, so when you couple intentional, mechanical decisions with unintentional side-effects of playing on a TV, you end up with a more severe case of delay. 

so then why are all these other games fine when it comes to character movement?  i notice no delays on any of these other games (MGS5, SR3, GTA SA, WD).  so you cant tell me that its not a fair comparison.

I can't tell you ANYTHING because i am a PC gamer. I do not experience cases of severe enough input delay to argue on the same level as some TV/console users. I can argue V's case because I forced myself to play it on console, and can only compare that experience to my PC experiences with WD, SA and SR3. None of which had significant delay that I noticed and was annoyed by. Because it's on a f*cking PC. That's where the "not fair" part comes in. 

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

What a sparkling f*cking contribution you've just made with your ignorance. Fantastic job. 

Input delay is an actual thing in console gaming, much more severe than some cases found in PC gaming. You are dealing with TVs, for sh*t's sake. There is going to be a delay because of all the filters being slapped onto the screen. It is a factor. Most importantly, it does tend to depend on the game. V already has a case of delay in movement on foot on its own, so when you couple intentional, mechanical decisions with unintentional side-effects of playing on a TV, you end up with a more severe case of delay. 

I can't tell you ANYTHING because i am a PC gamer. I do not experience cases of severe enough input delay to argue on the same level as some TV/console users. I can argue V's case because I forced myself to play it on console, and can only compare that experience to my PC experiences with WD, SA and SR3. None of which had significant delay that I noticed and was annoyed by. Because it's on a f*cking PC. That's where the "not fair" part comes in. 

ok dude, i get it you are a pc gamer.  i have played all those games only on the xbox 360 and i have noticed a huge delay in gta 5 where on them there was no delay.  and since you are a pc gamer, you cannot judge a game on all systems because of that.  i think everyone has my back in saying that gta 5 has very clunky controls.

your character almost feels like riding a bicycle.  the delay is just so ridiculous that it doesnt feel fluid.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

Well, I'm not sure if this question has ever been raised before, but why did Rockstar decide to change the mechanics for jumping in GTA 5?

In GTA 4, we were able to jump in place or we didn't need to be moving to be able to jump. In GTA 5, we need to at least be moving (even by a little) to be allowed to jump. What if I want t jump onto a ledge above me, but can't do so because I'd have to run and then jump. I do know that in most cases, the game will climb the ledge for you, but I kinda want to be able to jump in place. It just seems like a hassle for me since I end up missing so many jumps and eventually plummeting to my death. 

You can't hang onto a ledge at all in GTA V. I guess this is why they changed it.

They changed a lot of things that didn't need changing. These subtle things make the game less enjoyable for me.

After playing IV again, I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to the missing features in V. Man, did I miss having the ability to leave the car door open while getting out of a car. 

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Well, I'm not sure if this question has ever been raised before, but why did Rockstar decide to change the mechanics for jumping in GTA 5?

In GTA 4, we were able to jump in place or we didn't need to be moving to be able to jump. In GTA 5, we need to at least be moving (even by a little) to be allowed to jump. What if I want t jump onto a ledge above me, but can't do so because I'd have to run and then jump. I do know that in most cases, the game will climb the ledge for you, but I kinda want to be able to jump in place. It just seems like a hassle for me since I end up missing so many jumps and eventually plummeting to my death. 

You can't hang onto a ledge at all in GTA V. I guess this is why they changed it.

They changed a lot of things that didn't need changing. These subtle things make the game less enjoyable for me.

After playing IV again, I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to the missing features in V. Man, did I miss having the ability to leave the car door open while getting out of a car. 

i missed where you could turn off the car or leave it running.

• TheOtherRyan and Kampret like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users