Flight Simulators

103 replies to this topic
Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

If anybody has FSX and wants to join me on multiplier please do!  Direct connection: 204.111.230.249  my user name will be russeler970     :)

I will be flying the Majestic DASH 8 Q400 

ooh please tell me there is a Continental Express livery included :3

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

If anybody has FSX and wants to join me on multiplier please do!  Direct connection: 204.111.230.249  my user name will be russeler970     :)

No but there is a united express

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

No but there is a united express

booooooo! lol

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:18 PM Edited by russler97, 23 March 2015 - 07:18 PM.

If your interested Staypuft here are all the repaints for the DASH 8 Q400  :)

icon_BTI.jpgicon_BER.jpgicon_JZA.jpgicon_QXE.jpgicon_ANA.jpgicon_ANAG.jpgicon_AUA.jpgicon_CTN.jpgicon_ELO.jpgicon_BEE.jpgicon_AUB.jpgicon_LGL.jpgicon_POE.jpgicon_QLK.jpgicon_SAS.jpgicon_SAT.jpgicon_SRK.jpgicon_CJC.jpgicon_WIF.jpgicon_BBO.jpg

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

i messed up somehow and ruined fsx for my computer, might have to reformat over this :/

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

For those of you who were on the line about buying this and still havent, FSX on Steam is on sale for $5usd til March 30

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

just snapped some pics today, wanted to share them :) 

20137272338wsuxa2m10c.jpg20137272339gumh0izxlp.jpg

• Argonaut likes this

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

I think I finally did it, got FSX to run decently on full settings with decent framerates.

I have always suffered from a framerate stuttering issue. Finally got it under control and got some addons installed, now i get an average of 30fps while on the ground with ai aircraft(UT2)

accidentally did something last night and i now no longer have sudden framerate drops to the single digits :D

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

i was doing a quick flight from Cleveland to Erie, i was on final, maybe 1/4 mile from runway when i saw a cessna starting its take off roll, that ruined my night for me :'(

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

FSX on sale for $5 on Steam right now!

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:08 AM

quick flight i did the other night 45 seconds long

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Started playing this again with a friend recently. Mostly, if not strictly military stuff in fighter jets

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:21 AM Edited by Staypuft, 17 October 2015 - 03:21 AM.

Purchased a map/gps app for my tablet, nice for showing me when the next leg of my trip is coming up.

Wishing someone would make an actual andoid gps app that resembles the default gps's in game

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

Purchased a map/gps app for my tablet, nice for showing me when the next leg of my trip is coming up.

Wishing someone would make an actual andoid gps app that resembles the default gps's in game

I'd love something like that as well, I hate that big ass GPS that you can bring up and if you make it smaller makes it little harder to read

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:59 PM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 22 October 2015 - 04:10 PM.

The VRS F/A-18 is probably the best plane I've ever had in any sim. I mean I know this isn't DCS, but it kinda sucks that most of the multiplayer servers are filled with airliners.

Also how is the performance for you guys? In big cities like any major city in the US I get as low as 15 fps. No me gusta

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:40 PM

I've taken some screenshots of the F-18. Over the past 2 weeks I've gotten a lot better at it and am only getting better :D 

I know how to drop JDAMs, use HARMs, and pretty much have the air-to-air stuff down. I'm still learning a lot of the navigation systems (there's a lot and it's so freaking awesome) and so on.

Also I can fly in formation now!

Spoiler

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:35 AM Edited by Straypuft, 05 January 2016 - 04:36 AM.

Tricked an online friend into taking a 747 out of Lukla Nepal last night without researching the airport, the end result was what I was hoping for. lol! :D

unfortunately, FSX does little to give a true Lukla experience without having to buy an addon

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:38 PM

DTG have now released several Embraer airliner models to Steam, I am all about dat ERJ-145XR :D

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

Dovetail Games, the producers of Train Simulator 2016 and the current license holders to Microsoft Flight Simulator X has announced 2 different Flight Simulator games based off of Microsoft Flight Simulators technology.

First there will be Dovetail Flight School which is deemed to be a learning tool for those interested in learning how to fly, Then followed by DTG Flight Simulator which will be a full world sim and possibly FSX's proper replacement which will be a 64 bit game and be able to take advantage of todays computer hardware technologies and DirectX 11.

http://www.dovetailg...s-of-the-future

Chatham, Kent – 8th February 2016 Since acquiring the rights to develop and publish new titles utilizing Microsoft’s genre-defining flight simulation technology back in 2014, Dovetail Games has been clear about its intent to make headlines in the flight simulation category. Today, it is pleased to announce that it will launch two brand new flight simulators in 2016.

Dovetail Games Flight School is first to arrive, and is set to release in April 2016, with Dovetail Games Flight Simulator scheduled for launch in the latter part of the year.

Flight School is a carefully crafted and rewarding experience designed to teach would-be pilots the basics of flying a light aircraft as well as the essential premises of flight simulation. It will offer newcomers to flight simming an engaging and accessible introduction to aviation, whilst also being highly realistic and authentic. Players will learn to fly in iconic training aircraft, undertaking a series of tutorials and training missions, which will provide the perfect introduction to the genre. There will also be a Free Flight mode, for those players who want to head off and explore the entire world. 

“Flying an aircraft is a rewarding, awe-inspiring experience unlike any other and we want to give more people the opportunity to enjoy that by breaking down the barriers that make flight simulation feel inaccessible,” said Stephen Hood, Creative Director at Dovetail Games. “By empowering players to handle the controls of the aircraft, we will help them to immerse themselves in the very best and most thrilling aspects of flying in an up-to-date and technically cutting edge environment.”

Paul Jackson, CEO at Dovetail Games added, “People have always dreamt of being able to fly and through Flight School we aim to satisfy that dream and give people the opportunity not only to learn to fly, but to really soar as they explore the world. Flight simulation has always been important in the world of gaming but it hasn’t kept up - the core experience hasn’t progressed since the launch of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X back in 2006 and that means we’ve missed at least one or maybe even two generations of players who would have adored flight simming, but for whom it wasn’t appropriate. Our aim is to get back to that place, to restore the former glory of flight simulation as an enjoyable and engaging pastime. Consumers today expect a much slicker experience across all genres.  They want simulations that are realistic but also accessible.  They want to be led to a place where the focus can be on reaching great levels of accomplishment, rather than struggling to get to grips with the operational aspects.   And that’s precisely what Flight School will deliver.”

Dovetail Games Flight School and Dovetail Games Flight Simulator will both be available on PC.

- See more at: http://www.dovetailg...h.gz5xzoIi.dpuf

Maybe we wont need a super computer to play this like we did when FSX released 10 years ago? We shall see.

• 2281 and Aqua97 like this

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

Flight School is now available for preorder on Steam.

About This Game:
Unleash the pilot within with Dovetail Games Flight School!

Flight School, from acclaimed simulation software studio Dovetail Games, puts you straight into the cockpit with compelling, interactive missions and challenges that will get you flying like a veteran in no time.

Choose from two highly-detailed aircraft which are individually tailored to different in-depth experiences. Meanwhile, your unique Pilot Profile tracks your achievements and licenses throughout your career, while acting as a log book so you can watch your hours stack up on your way to becoming a fully-fledged pilot.

Dovetail Games Flight School Features:
Two high performance training aircraft: Piper PA-18 Super Cub and Piper PA-28 Cherokee
A unique pilot profile which keeps track of your progress
15 fun and immersive lessons covering the basics of the LAPL, PPL, and night flying
9 challenging missions
Free Flight mode, so you can try out your newfound skills anywhere in the world

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

System Specs according to Flight Schools Steam page:

MINIMUM:
OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Dual Core, 2.5 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512Mb - 1Gb(DX11)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 40 GB available space

40GB, wow, FSX was only 10-15GB

Flight School might be touted as a tech preview for the full Flight Sim that is stated to be released later this year. 64bit is welcome as many gamers who have a modern system will most likely have a 64bit OS. I am hoping that the specs are honest this go around.

Aqua
  • Aqua

~~~~

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:18 AM Edited by ~SophisticatedAviator~, 04 June 2016 - 07:18 AM.

Better than truck simulator.  :^: From a short flight today... 

Vwz2DI5.jpg

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:26 AM

I was playing the new Dovetail Flight School and was doing a free flight from Akron/Fulton Airport to Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland and as i was coming in for a landing i noticed that Cleveland Browns stadium was lit up...So cool how much detail they put into the game that they added little things like the Shoreway and Browns Stadium.

5HPmUIl.png

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

awww Cleveland awww

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:27 AM

Laminar Research is currently working on a new X-Plane which will most likely not be an update to the current X-Plane 10

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

Aerofly FS2 has released the full game but it's still in Beta for $49.99.

Spoiler

It looks beautiful but there are no "missions and/or jobs" like in MFSX which is disappointing to me while i like free flight sometimes i prefer to do a job or something.

I think this is one FS i'll be passing up until it goes down in price.

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

Saw this earlier today  and now I want

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

Link?

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

Link?

i give you this link in the hope that you buy it for me http://www.justfligh...ct/air-hauler-2

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

Link?

i give you this link in the hope that you buy it for me http://www.justfligh...ct/air-hauler-2

I already found the link but how about a bag of ghettos and a can of Mt. Dew for your time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users