Flight Simulators

115 replies to this topic
Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

I'm not the kind of person who gets excited over a video game but this is one of those games i am excited about, I am a big fan of Microsoft Flight Simulator and have been playing it ever since it's launch in 2000 and i was sad when they made the announcement that they had stopped work on their 2010 release of Microsoft Flight and released the game at the stage where they stopped but last week there was an announcement that the game is being revived by Dovetail Games. an

I just hope they don't do what Microsoft did with Flight Simulator and stop in the middle of production, I am surprise that Microsoft stopped producing this game with the graphics and stuff they have at their disposal right now they could've made an epicly awesome Flight Simulator and made a killing especially with DLC content from their loyal fans.

So Microsoft Flight Simulator: X will be coming to Steam in a few months, I just re-bought the game myself from Amazon last week and it installed and works perfectly on my Windows 8.1 system.

So are you a fan of Microsoft Flight Simulator? Will you be getting it when it comes out in 2015?

Microsoft Flight Simulator returns — and one is coming to Steam

Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming back.

To the delight of flight-sim fans, Dovetail Games has licensed the exclusive rights to make all-new flight games using tech from Microsoft’s series. A new game is expected to debut in 2015, and the gold edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator X is coming to Steam. If it can revive the franchise, it could turn into a lucrative business and teach big game publishers a lesson in how to make fans happy.

Microsoft’s Flight Simulator games were a staple on the PC for decades, but it took a nosedive in popularity and the company discontinued the series in 2009. It tried for a revival with Microsoft Flight in 2012, but that game did poorly, too.

The Chatham, England-based Dovetail is the maker of the Train Simulator franchise. Under the deal, it will release 2006′s Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Valve’s digital distribution store.

The games were great for training pilots and introducing young people to flight, but they were regularly panned as boring in comparison to combat flight simulators. But the whole category, once a vibrant part of the game landscape, has declined in popularity.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition will include the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration Expansion Pack in one bundle. Dovetail Games will debut the Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition on Steam in late 2014.

“I am delighted to be working in partnership with Microsoft as part of this agreement,” said Paul Jackson, the CEO of Dovetail Games, in a statement. “We are thrilled to be exploring new flight simulation opportunities using Microsoft’s technology, and look forward to using our extensive expertise of Steam publishing to successfully bring Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to a broad new audience on the Steam platform. This partnership is perfectly timed to support our expansion into new areas of simulation.”

“When it comes to licensing our simulation engine, Dovetail Games is the obvious choice for us to work with. We respect their approach in terms of delivering premium quality simulation games and look forward to seeing their vision of the next chapter in flight simulations unfold,” said Kevin Perry, the executive producer at Microsoft, in a statement. “In addition to that, they have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to launch simulation products successfully via online platforms, making them the ideal partner to distribute Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.”

• Detective Phelps and EpicnessInABox like this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:10 AM Edited by Wayne Daniels, 08 March 2015 - 03:31 AM.

YESS!! My favourite :) I can finally dust off my joystick!

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

YESS!! One of my favourite games :) I can finally dust off my joystick!
Edit: I did some research it won't be under the Microsoft Flight name, but either way the tech is there and I love flight sims. Win.

Do you still play the 2006 MSF?

I bought the MFS: Gold that gives you all the missions and gives you the extra helicopter and fighter jet missions.

You can get it on Amazon for around $20, I couldn't find it in any stores i guess they stop putting it on the shelf since it was so old

The Graphics look just as good on the Windows 8 system...

Did you try the Microsoft Flight edition they put out?

If not check it out, It's free on Steam but there isn't much you can do on it really all it gives you is "Deliverly Missions" that take hours to do and all you do is flight in a straight line and then they give you challanges which require you to land, do tricks and take off so it's not much fun.

What is the title it's going to be released under?

Do you know of any good Flight Simulator games that are out right now?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

The ones I know are:

X-Plane 10

DCS

Rise of Flight

FlightGear

Aces High II (subscription required)

aerofly FS

Free Falcon 4.0

IL-2 series

LockOn series

• Wayne Daniels likes this

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

X-Plane 10 is now available on Steam which includes full world scenery for no extra cost(well, you have to pay for the base game still)

and FSX will be coming to Steam later this month

• Wayne Daniels and Ai家妯b家 like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

X-Plane 10 is now available on Steam which includes full world scenery for no extra cost(well, you have to pay for the base game still)

Yup, I'm getting excited about this game.

• Wayne Daniels likes this

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

I dont think Im going to buy FSX a third time, but who knows, anything could happen, maybe if they got rid of the cd key requirement...

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

I dont think Im going to buy FSX a third time, but who knows, anything could happen, maybe if they got rid of the cd key requirement...

If i buy it maybe i'll let you try it out via the Stream that Steam allows for some games.

So did they finally fix the problems with Emergency 5?

roinnku47905
  • roinnku47905

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

That's pretty cool. I quite enjoyed playing these games a while back.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

Hmmm this is alone makes me want to fix my pc, If the dust hasn't already killed it.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

I would get this complete edition of FSX just so I could get the VRS Superbug and the TAC pack as well.

Depending on how they handle the multiplayer for Steam version, I might consider it and be able to do some combat missions with a friend in an F/A-18 c:

I'm getting excited again just thinking about it  :lol:

• Ai家妯b家 likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:14 PM Edited by Troubadour, 11 December 2014 - 05:16 PM.

My heart just skipped a few beats watching some of the videos for X-Plane 10 but to buy the game and all the DLC it comes to $399.99.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle Of Stalingrad looks like it would be fun to play too

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

FSX is coming back? Sweet, hopefully optimised for *AHEM* THE YEAR 2014 AND NOT 2004 THANKS

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

There's another simulator, but for trains, that will net you more than $1000 with the Base and every DLC included.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

I wouldn't recommend it.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by Troubadour, 11 December 2014 - 08:27 PM.

There's another simulator, but for trains, that will net you more than $1000 with the Base and every DLC included.

Do you mean Train Simulator 2015 or a difference one?

I wouldn't recommend it.

Why not? Have you played it?

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Well, when I checked, it was 2014, but I guess they changed it to 2015. But yes, it's the train simulator ones that cost over a grand to get the entire "pack". Ridiculous.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Well, when I checked, it was 2014, but I guess they changed it to 2015. But yes, it's the train simulator ones that cost over a grand to get the entire "pack". Ridiculous.

Yeah i noticed that one good thing about that simulator though unlike some games where you have to pay to upgrade every year you get the free upgrade but you don't get the new tracks or trains with it.

These simulatiors are getting out of hand...

You know they actually have a "Driving School & Roadside Assistance" simulators each for $19.99 and they DLC packs you can buy

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yeah i noticed that one good thing about that simulator though unlike some games where you have to pay to upgrade every year you get the free upgrade but you don't get the new tracks or trains with it.

These simulatiors are getting out of hand...

You know they actually have a "Driving School & Roadside Assistance" simulators each for $19.99 and they DLC packs you can buy

the only update you get every year is the basic assets and new technology, you usually do not get the routes that come with the full version.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

the only update you get every year is the basic assets and new technology, you usually do not get the routes that come with the full version.

Yeah i mentioned that but it's better than nothing, Some sims require you to rebuy the new "basic" every year.

OT: Is that one of the new APD cruisers in your signature?

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

Yeah i mentioned that but it's better than nothing, Some sims require you to rebuy the new "basic" every year.

yes its new apd cruiser

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

yes its new apd cruiser

Though so but wasn't 100% sure but i remembered seeing the APD SUV Cruiser during Ofc Winebrenner funeral procession past the PD.

I found a "Police Officer Simulation" on stream for $19.99 and it's actually pretty fun it's called "Enforcer Police Crime Action"

Check it out i think you'd enjoy it

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by Staypuft, 12 December 2014 - 01:41 AM.

yes its new apd cruiser

Though so but wasn't 100% sure but i remembered seeing the APD SUV Cruiser during Ofc Winebrenner funeral procession past the PD.

I found a "Police Officer Simulation" on stream for $19.99 and it's actually pretty fun it's called "Enforcer Police Crime Action"

Check it out i think you'd enjoy it

I think all of the new APD Explorers and Tauruses were in the procession that day

here are all the vehicles i photographed that day https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5J43Kk

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

I wouldn't recommend it.

Why not? Have you played it?

Yeah I've played it. It's a gorgeous and very detailed game. It's made by the same guys that developed Rise of Flight.

Some of the reasons why I don't recommend it is because it gets boring fast. It's a grind to unlock planes and there's not a whole lot of content. This may change over time, but for now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Ai家妯b家 likes this

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

If i buy it maybe i'll let you try it out via the Stream that Steam allows for some games.

So did they finally fix the problems with Emergency 5?

Im so ashamed of myself, i went ahead and got a copy of FSX Steam Edition

but its a good shame i think

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

I just need a joystick and I can live happily over Christmas. I tried playing FSX with a KB+M before and It just didn't end well.

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by Staypuft, 19 December 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Just tried a quick flight around Seattle with the Steam Edition, maxed all settings except for traffic stuffs, had a constant framerate around 45fps, much much better than standalone FSX from dvd that I have had over the years. With the same settings, I was lucky to hit 20fps on this same computer from the dvd version.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:18 AM Edited by Wayne Daniels, 20 December 2014 - 12:51 PM.

I just bought the steam edition! How exciting, can't wait to get behind the cockpit once again, it's been too long. Also going to get a new graphics card and flight stick come Monday so pretty excited about that :D

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by Staypuft, 21 December 2014 - 02:29 AM.

BE WARNED!

there seems to be trouble with using steam backup to save the original state of the game, as such, I do not recommend adding on aircraft and scenery until this problem is fixed :'(

unless you have super super speed interwebs and dont mind redownloading a 10gb game every time you make a huge change to the game that end up breaking it..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users