The Pet Peeves Thread

2,836 replies to this topic
TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

Say what you want, there's a reason the Norwegian CJS is one of the most effective in the world. Humane treatment isn't pampering.

It's also worth keeping in mind that this "pampering" works... A 2014 study found that Norway's rate of recidivism was just 20%, compared to the UK's 46% and the US' 52%. 

What you're effectively saying is 'throw away all that tax money which could be spent elsewhere (I.E. healthcare) instead of treating people in a humane manor'.

• Marwin likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:22 PM Edited by Marwin, 27 July 2016 - 01:23 PM.

^damn ninja / i type too slow 

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

I agree. I f*cking hate how Norway's "treat criminals like humans" system is. The sh*t doesn't even work! Just compare the recidiv-

KswUxfK.png

Bie3ss8.png

D'oh! 

• Professor SmackaDabbah likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:31 PM Edited by ceszayers, 27 July 2016 - 02:38 PM.

E - Okay sorry I got annoyed again, didn't mean to irritate anyone.

Buckminster, I did read your post. You directly compared gay people to paedophiles. There is no connection between the two. At all.

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

You can be annoyed all you want(and post about it too), we're just challenging your opinion. There's no hostility. 

• ceszayers likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Oh no, I know there's no hostility. I remove my posts when I've argued because I get annoyed and make myself sound like a twat, so it's easier to just keep my mouth shut.

I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed (in my case it's mainly down to being stubborn), plus I don't like arguing with the decent people on here.

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

No Time To Bleed

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Unwanted Medal 2016

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

...I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed...

That's why i only limit myself to dish out insults.
  • Payne and ceszayers like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:10 PM

The worst thing I have noticed that happens almost 99% of the time.

Is when people writing letters or official documents and they never put their god damn motherf*cking first name.

You wouldn't believe how much of a pain in the f*cking ass it is when some c*nt emails you or writes to your workplace and it takes a f*cking ice age just to find the c*nt on the system because it's too f*cking god damn difficult to give a first name to f*cking search.

It makes me want to strangle people so hard.

Give us your details so I don't end up putting it on the other f*cking billion "Mr A. Smith"s record you f*cking lazy piece of sh*t.

f*ck them. I hope they all get aids and die bleeding in a hole.

• Payne likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Vote For The Champion

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

• Alchemist likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Lick it 'n see

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

Till assistants not making eye-contact with me when I'm trying to buy something and people who have just been served exiting the shop THROUGH the queue instead of going out the designated way. Dimwits.

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

To be honest, I like it when that happens because it means that the bridge should have been burned long ago. 

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

Yea it's too bad everyone just can't see how enlightened you are and don't think the exact same way you do.

• SWEETSAPRIK, Ruin, Carbonox and 2 others like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

obviously that was my point, not the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible because I care a great deal about that type of thing

grats fam you got it right

i was only v i r t u e   s i g n a l l i n g

• Alexander, Alchemist, Jolly Swagman and 1 other like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

v i r t u e   s i g n a l l i n g

(((v i r t u e   $ i g n a l l i n g)))

go big or go home
  • SWEETSAPRIK, Marwin and make total destroy like this

Queen
  • Queen

Vote For The Champion

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

I certainly wouldn't let politics get in the way of friendship. Though sometimes it can be tough. One of my friends is super liberal, and frankly, I'm more 'moderate conservative'. I always keep my mouth shut when she praises Hillary Clinton. :lol:

But hey, who gives a sh*t. If you let it get in the way, then you've got problems. Keep an open mind. It's good to hear the other side because it will help you formulate a more informed (and hopefully less biased) opinion.

• SWEETSAPRIK, Alchemist and Gay Tony like this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:19 PM Edited by TruckingYokel, 30 July 2016 - 07:22 PM.

Having my name turned to TRUCKING yokel.  :lol:  :cry:  :/

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

No Time To Bleed

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Unwanted Medal 2016

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:56 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 30 July 2016 - 07:56 PM.

I'm guessing your name is against the rules. You know, AD sense and google stuff.

You sound like a redneck now.
  • Payne likes this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

I'm guessing your name is against the rules. You know, AD sense and google stuff.

Yes. It's my bad I  ignorantly assumed a site dedicated to a video game which is centred around murdering people wouldn't have a problem with a naughty word.

Static
  • Static

BickinBackBeingBool

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

When people try to use the "it's a gta site" scapegoat for their sh*t username, sh*ttier opinions, and even sh*ttier posts.

• Davo the Assassin, trip, Queen and 1 other like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:07 AM Edited by Gay Tony, 31 July 2016 - 12:11 AM.

the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible

Yea, this sounds more like it.

because I care a great deal about that type of thing

lol

• SWEETSAPRIK and Ruin like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:48 AM Edited by Marwin, 31 July 2016 - 08:57 AM.

I certainly wouldn't let politics get in the way of friendship. Though sometimes it can be tough. One of my friends is super liberal, and frankly, I'm more 'moderate conservative'. I always keep my mouth shut when she praises Hillary Clinton. :lol:

But hey, who gives a sh*t. If you let it get in the way, then you've got problems. Keep an open mind. It's good to hear the other side because it will help you formulate a more informed (and hopefully less biased) opinion.

I keep an open mind, but not about closed ones. 

also, I don't need to listen to the other side anymore after they preached about a "sneaking islamization" and is basically a bad parody of itself at this point. I know what it's about and I don't need "friends" telling me about it. 

hah actually yeh there was an article yesterday where a chapter of the most conservative party in norway were chillin' in spain and literally said that norwegians don't have to integrate in spain, "it's only natural to associate with those similar to you" except of course when it's brown people

the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible

Yea, this sounds more like it.

because I care a great deal about that type of thing

lol

what is this meager attempt at an insult? can you please explain it? 

• Alchemist likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Is it just me or is everything sh*t?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

v i r t u e   s i g n a l l i n g

(((v i r t u e   $ i g n a l l i n g)))

I love my gang tbh

• Marwin and Alchemist like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:05 PM Edited by ceszayers, 31 July 2016 - 06:05 PM.

My biggest pet peeve right now is the ongoing cultural appropriation arguments. 

Here's a new one, apparently wearing a wig is cultural appropriation now. This was something that was said on a photo of a woman in a wig and the commenter was 100% serious and of course, she had people backing her up and supporting her pathetic argument.

It's idiots like that who would welcome segregation. Absolute c*nt. 

I hope this fad of telling everyone they're appropriating someone's f*cking culture ends soon. 

• Carbonox and Gay Tony like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

Your actions as of late do not line up with what you're saying. The only thing that has is what you said earlier about you burning bridges because of your politics making friendships impossible which would be more correct.

@Ces Yea I see what you're saying. To me cultural appropriation sounds a bit like another version of "separate but equal" because you're limiting people and groups from ideas because it "belongs to that group." Like you can't eat spaghetti because its for the people of Italy.

It's places like tumblr where these ideas are created and reinforced.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Is it just me or is everything sh*t?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

Do you genuinely believe the idea of 'cultural appropriation' began on tumblr?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

When you're really concerned about something and want some answers and people think it's funny to be a smartass.
  • theGTAking101 and Queen like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:57 PM Edited by Marwin, 31 July 2016 - 07:59 PM.

Your actions as of late do not line up with what you're saying. The only thing that has is what you said earlier about you burning bridges because of your politics making friendships impossible which would be more correct.

lmao so you're contesting the fact that I care about things? gg fam at least you tried

e: out of curiousity please elaborate on my "actions as of late" and how they fail to line up with my claims of caring about say, social justice

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

Where are you pulling the whole "caring about social justice" out of, your ass?

What you don't care a great deal about is making sure relationships are kept even if you disagree on things politically & socially. What you said at first about burning bridges because of different beliefs is totally what you did when you couldn't handle other people disagreeing with you (burning bridges of an entire group may I add, for the beliefs of a few).

Do you genuinely believe the idea of 'cultural appropriation' began on tumblr?

It's certainly one of the places where the idea is pretty prominent and introduces people to the concept.

• SWEETSAPRIK, Carbonox and ceszayers like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:22 PM Edited by Marwin, 31 July 2016 - 09:27 PM.

this is kind of awkward i'm beginning to suspect you don't know what "social justice" means and correct I don't care about making sure relationships are kept, hence why I said it lmao

e: oops accidentally didn't read your whole post let me quote 

Where are you pulling the whole "caring about social justice" out of, your ass?

What you don't care a great deal about is making sure relationships are kept even if you disagree on things politically & socially. What you said at first about burning bridges because of different beliefs is totally what you did when you couldn't handle other people disagreeing with you (burning bridges of an entire group may I add, for the beliefs of a few).

again, my point was that I don't care about maintaining relationships so idk why you're trying to like, "get" me or some sh*t

and since you're airing it let me explain:

I left a group of people after a prominent member repeatedly referred to trans people using slurs and colorful hate speech, and y'all didn't seem to care. By y'all I mean you in particular. As a member of the LGBT community, you should be ashamed of yourself not only for standing idly by, but for seeming to agree with the sh*t being spewed from a certain person's mouth. 

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

and since you're airing it let me explain:
I left a group of people after a prominent member repeatedly referred to trans people using slurs and colorful hate speech, and y'all didn't seem to care. By y'all I mean you in particular. As a member of the LGBT community, you should be ashamed of yourself not only for standing idly by, but for seeming to agree with the sh*t being spewed from a certain person's mouth.

Isn't it a little unfair for a straight person to suggest a gay person is a disgrace to their own community when the opinions of said prominent member are nothing to do with them? Are you now only a successful gay person if you actively challenge everybody on their opinions? Is storming out of an Internet gang the best way to protest? Please advise me senpai, I do not want to shame my community any longer.

;)

This little barney has got a bit personal so it could probably be taken to PM if there's some dirty laundry that needs washing and ironing out.
  • SWEETSAPRIK, Ruin, trip and 8 others like this

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:11 PM Edited by Marwin, 31 July 2016 - 10:11 PM.

-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users