The Pet Peeves Thread

2,592 replies to this topic
TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

Say what you want, there's a reason the Norwegian CJS is one of the most effective in the world. Humane treatment isn't pampering.

It's also worth keeping in mind that this "pampering" works... A 2014 study found that Norway's rate of recidivism was just 20%, compared to the UK's 46% and the US' 52%. 

What you're effectively saying is 'throw away all that tax money which could be spent elsewhere (I.E. healthcare) instead of treating people in a humane manor'.

• Marwin likes this

Marwin
  • Marwin

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Marwin, 2 days ago.

^damn ninja / i type too slow 

People on the outside learn to live with the bare minimum no matter how hard they work, prisoners shouldn't be given a luxurious life in the name of 'rehabilitation'.

You can rehabilitate someone without giving them special treatment which they do not deserve.

People on the outside struggle to get genuine help when they've done nothing wrong, why should prisoners (and I mean the murdering/paedophile/rapists) get it handed to them on a plate?

This is excluding the fact that many serious offenders are incredibly manipulative and can lie their way to a chosen diagnosis to give themselves an easier sentence, or to convince doctors they are 'sorry' and are 'cured'.

Maybe we should help innocent people before we start pampering prisoners.

I agree. I f*cking hate how Norway's "treat criminals like humans" system is. The sh*t doesn't even work! Just compare the recidiv-

KswUxfK.png

Bie3ss8.png

D'oh! 

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

อธิปGrey

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by ceszayers, 2 days ago.

E - Okay sorry I got annoyed again, didn't mean to irritate anyone.

Buckminster, I did read your post. You directly compared gay people to paedophiles. There is no connection between the two. At all.

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 2 days ago

You can be annoyed all you want(and post about it too), we're just challenging your opinion. There's no hostility. 

• ceszayers likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

อธิปGrey

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Oh no, I know there's no hostility. I remove my posts when I've argued because I get annoyed and make myself sound like a twat, so it's easier to just keep my mouth shut.

I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed (in my case it's mainly down to being stubborn), plus I don't like arguing with the decent people on here.

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Press CTRL+D for Dope Sh!t

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 days ago

...I mean sometimes opinions will clash and remain unchanged no matter how much they're discussed...

That's why i only limit myself to dish out insults.
  • Payne and ceszayers like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 19 hours ago

The worst thing I have noticed that happens almost 99% of the time.

Is when people writing letters or official documents and they never put their god damn motherf*cking first name.

You wouldn't believe how much of a pain in the f*cking ass it is when some c*nt emails you or writes to your workplace and it takes a f*cking ice age just to find the c*nt on the system because it's too f*cking god damn difficult to give a first name to f*cking search.

It makes me want to strangle people so hard.

Give us your details so I don't end up putting it on the other f*cking billion "Mr A. Smith"s record you f*cking lazy piece of sh*t.

f*ck them. I hope they all get aids and die bleeding in a hole.

Queen
  • Queen

Andolini Mafia Family

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 18 hours ago

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Lick it 'n see

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 hours ago

Till assistants not making eye-contact with me when I'm trying to buy something and people who have just been served exiting the shop THROUGH the queue instead of going out the designated way. Dimwits.

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 11 hours ago

I hate it when friends talk politics on Facebook. There's no better way to burn bridges...especially given our current election. Tensions are high.

To be honest, I like it when that happens because it means that the bridge should have been burned long ago. 

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 hours ago

Yea it's too bad everyone just can't see how enlightened you are and don't think the exact same way you do.

Marwin
  • Marwin

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 3 hours ago

obviously that was my point, not the fact that I don't want to associate with people whose political and social views conflict so much with my own that a friendship is impossible because I care a great deal about that type of thing

grats fam you got it right

i was only v i r t u e   s i g n a l l i n g

• Jolly Swagman likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]