The Pet Peeves Thread

620 replies to this topic
waymuu
  • waymuu

Hey Larry check this out I can change my member title

• Members
  • Martinique

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

-Reddit/Imgur. Don't get me wrong, there is some good content, but for the love of god I have never seen more self-absorbed douchebags in one place. Even 4chan is more bearable than them. Good content, terrible community.

good content? hahahahahaha

Well, sometimes. I usually only use Imgur. If you filter out the memes, weight-loss stories, blogsh*t, and animals you can usually find something decent.

but even then, you have to do all that. i only use imgur as an image host nowadays. that part seems to be pretty solid.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Mediator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by igotskiz, 13 July 2014 - 11:41 AM.

-When people have an opinion on something they're uninformed about.

-Horrible internet connection.

-Being killed in games where you have to go out of your way to kill someone.

-People being rude to people with jobs in service for no good reason. Or being rude for no reason at all for that matter.

-People who hate their day to day jobs. Seriously, get your life in check and find a new one. No such thing as being unable to if you're an American citizen.

-People who encompass an entire ethnicity / religion (or lack of) / race / etc under one flag and claim that "they" all do / act / <action here> the same way.

-Racism.

-Black people. this one's a joke lol

-le may-mays XDDDD so funneh hurr doge wow trollface urmom (9gag and FunnyJunk are the worst offenders)

-People who disregard children's opinions automatically because they're children

-Kids with cell phones. Who are you going to call? Your friends should be within walking distance. Or call them so you can arrange to go over to one another's house.

-People with a superiority / god complex; people who think they can do no wrong and are better than everyone else. Those who do will live miserable lives.

-Changing yourself for others. Those who matter won't mind, those who mind won't matter.

Beastly40
  • Beastly40

Killa Kam

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:41 AM Edited by Beastly40, 15 July 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Loud and ignorant people who act like they have no sense on how to act in public.
Trolls.
Racism- all forms be it subliminal, obvious, or other forms.
Bigots (same as above)
Misogyny, sexism, and other similar crazy nonsense that plagues society.
Pride.
Narcissism/extreme acts of arrogance.
Trolls/Griefers.
People who manipulate and take advantage of others.
People who are morally corrupt and do not have any value for others' personal safety.
Greed.
Selfishness.
This new generation of memes generated by Vine, YouTube, etc.
Instagram, Vine, and any other pointless websites for thirst trapping selfie taking model wannabe whores and stupid short gif making asshats who have no purpose in life.
Reality Tv.
Douchebags, Assholes, or a mixture of the two.
People who at like they are all that and a bag of chips or who make everyone believe they are the stuff, but who are insignificant in actuality.
Law enforcement agencies being corrupt or overextending their authority and bullying innocent people, or being aggressive, power hungry sociopaths at their worst.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

So we all have them Social Media Pet Peeve when it comes to Social Media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and ect

Mine hail from Facebook and those delightful post where the post leaves a mysterious hanging post that always read "I'm so sad" which has a big neon sign that is pointing down at them flashing "Seeking Attention" but when someone answers they always reply with "I'm sorry, I just don't want to talk about it right now.

So what is yours?

• EphemeralStar likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

The whole "Like rate subscribe" community, if you count youtube as a social network.

If not, then I guess it would be people you try to talk to on facebook who don't even bother replying.

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Alpha Team

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

Those posts that ask for a like/share/comment, and if I ignore I worship the devil or some other garbage.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Social Media.

• HaythamKenway, Audiophile, W2B and 2 others like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 19 July 2014 - 05:05 AM.

Social Media.

Haha i guess that best description when you hate em all

Another i forgot to mention...

Those who take pictures of each meal and they treat it like a photo shoot where you get pictures from every view imaginable

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

Social Media.

Dammit, Raavi.

I'ma have to quote you.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

pen island

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

Backseat moderating.
  • Franceska likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

P.E.M.D.A.S.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:06 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 19 July 2014 - 05:07 AM.

-When people post nothing but pictures of their baby or kid. I'm sure your life is just fascinating, raising a child at 18 years old.

-When people don't use a picture of themselves as their profile pic. Instead they use something like a truck, picture of their child, something America related, etc. Very annoying.

-When white trash couples take half-naked pictures of themselves for all of Facebook to see.

-When people constantly like/share unfunny "quote" pictures and e-Cards.

krashr
  • krashr

face

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:14 AM Edited by krashr, 19 July 2014 - 05:15 AM.

facebook relationship bitching (usually followed the next day by how in love they are)

• EphemeralStar likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

1. When people post nothing but pictures of their baby or kid. I'm sure your life is just fascinating, raising a child at 18 years old.

2. When people don't use a picture of themselves as their profile pic. Instead they use something like a truck, picture of their child, something America related, etc. Very annoying.

3. When white trash couples take half-naked pictures of themselves for all of Facebook to see.

4. When people constantly like/share unfunny "quote" pictures and e-Cards.

1. Agree. Half my damn Facebook feed is just my aunt and my baby cousin.

2. How is that annoying? There are more annoying things than that.

3. Agree.

4. Agree.

What annoys me is those attention whores that go: "Follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel", etc. Damn I'll do that if I friggin feel like it.
  • Flūttershy likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:37 AM Edited by Sting4S, 19 July 2014 - 05:38 AM.

I hate it when people use tbh for no reason on Instagram and Facebook:

OMG, tbh we haven't talked in a while #lonely

tbh, you're a pretty cool guy

• LightningLord411 likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by Audiophile, 19 July 2014 - 05:59 AM.

Attention whores.

There's this one person on my list....she's just....words fail me.

Plays the victim, seeks attention and sympathy. Claims she doesn't want certain things about her life out there yet then she makes a status ranting about it. Like when she went on medication for anxiety and was ashamed about it, didn't want people to know....she makes this rant "OMG AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I AM ON PILLS!!". Has no job, no responsibilities even though she's in her 30's yet she always posts about how tired she is, how stressed she is. Despite her day literally consisting of playing FB games, iPhone games and watching television after waking up whenever she pleases. Posts attention whore statuses about how she's sad blah blah and then when people ask "I don't want to talk about it hurrr". "Why does no one care?", "I'm so alone" despite people asking her top lel. 

Because you're a lazy c*nt who has to create issues out of nothing to give your life meaning. :)

Before this next bit, let me just point out I am not gay. But when I see women like this, I swear to god, it makes me want to be gay even if it means I'll have tears streaming down my face as I'm sucking a dick. Just to not have to deal with crazy sh*t like this made up out of thin air. 

But luckily I know not all women are like that. Now to just find one....

• Edwin and LightningLord411 like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

-When white trash couples take half-naked pictures of themselves for all of Facebook to see.

Ladies who post "Sexy" pictures of themselves wearing clothes they didn't fit into since they were 5

facebook relationship bitching (usually followed the next day by how in love they are)

I'm happy for you but i got my own relationship

#People #Who #Hashtag #Every #Word #In #Their #Facebook #Post #This #Is #Facebook #Not #Twitter

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Social Media? I'm an instagram gal, and I got annoyed with obsessive amounts of food pictures as well (that I even made my own seperate account for that because I didn't want to annoy people)
---I also get annoyed of the amout of girls who feel the need to somehow expose their chest or bum or at least have those area's as their pictures focal point in every picture.
---Just like the OP said, I hate when people write those statuses that the poster has made so ambigous and you got to ask them what's up and they're all like "noooo I don't wanna talk about it..." BITCH WHY YOU POSTING IT ON FB THEN
---I also do not like the type of people who post what they think are "inspirational" statuses when in reality they're making themselves look like a dickstain.

---I also hate when people caption their photo's with the most unrelated sh*t ever such as song quotes or ..........you know what, I'll give you two examples right now.

The caption for her photo was: "Nothing sweeter and refreshing than snacking on watermelon in this heat" OK....so you had to post a picture of your body with the watermelon instead of just taking a picture of the watermelon by itself? I don't get it. 
kGEJHAi.jpg

The caption for another similar photo of hers: "Chiapods and matching undies = solid morning." It honestly makes me want to laugh it's that's stupid. (I still follow her on instagram though because her body is hot lol)

TToZro7.jpg

• Killzone3265, krashr and LightningLord411 like this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

the "like and share this post if you hate aids" crap

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

The caption for her photo was: "Nothing sweeter and refreshing than snacking on watermelon in this heat" OK....so you had to post a picture of your body with the watermelon instead of just taking a picture of the watermelon by itself? I don't get it. 

kGEJHAi.jpg

lmao i sure hope she likes eating plastic wrap because the dumbass left everything on

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, SolidSnails, krashr and 2 others like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:20 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 19 July 2014 - 09:28 AM.

I was just looking at my facebook for the first time in 2 weeks and another one came to mind....

"People who brag/rub people noses in it"

I have this one friend who has done pretty well for himself and i'm happy that he got an awesome job, But every single status update about it, He always feel the need to post something that he did that was much better than what you did or are going to do. finds a way to brag about it and he has a way of making it sound like he is better than anyone else because of the job title he has and if he comments on your status of pictures it's always a snotty or braggy kind of comment...

Like last week i posted that i was really proud of my self that i finally reached my goal and saved enough money to take my daughters to Washington D.C and as a special surprise they are going to get to Meet the President & his family. My eldest daugher loves Malia the Presidents oldest daughter and wants to meet her and i managed to make it happen, Well in his usual self he decided to comment and said....Yeah well i went to Paris, Barbados & Jamaica.......Oh yeah i had lunch with President Obama. Yeah i had a great summer.

I just unfriended him instead and he sent me a text asking me why, I wanted to throw a shoe at him

• Sting4S and EphemeralStar like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

i had a friend like that

had.

• EphemeralStar and igotskiz like this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

right na na na na

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Morons that take pictures with 'serious' faces that make you want to slap the christ out of them. Even more infuriating is when they tag everybody on their friends list to maximize attention.

When legit assholes/dumbasses make 'inspirational' statuses to make them seem like they actually have an IQ above 10.

There's so much more but I sure don't have the energy to go on.

• Sting4S likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Morons that take pictures with 'serious' faces that make you want to slap the christ out of them. Even more infuriating is when they tag everybody on their friends list to maximize attention.

When legit assholes/dumbasses make 'inspirational' statuses to make them seem like they actually have an IQ above 10.

There's so much more but I sure don't have the energy to go on.

Don't forget the ones who make the Duck Lips in every stinkin photo, Some chick i don't ever remember adding posted a picture of herself at her Grandpa funeral...

She took a selfie of herself in front of the casket with her grandpa in the picture giving the "gangsta peace sign" and doing the "Duck lips" with the captions .... R.I.P Grandpa The Real OG

&

People who just add people for the sake of adding them to make it look like they have 10,000 friends, I was looking though my friendlist the other day deleteing people and i noticed that one of my friend has 12,363 friends and you know there is NOBODY on earth who has that many friends not even the President has that many friends.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Did you just discover this section or something? You made more threads here, than Johnny_zoo's desire to know one their background.

OT:
I will have to quote Raavi on this one though. But I'm too lazy so imagine me quoting him.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

These so called "Full Time Mummy's", single mum's, usually 17-22 who do nothing but post pictures of their 0-3 year old child and make long winded, journal entry-esque status updates about how important their baby is to them and how they feel "blessed" and other such ill-conceived, nonsensical drivel.

George Carlin's "pumping out a unit" rant comes to mind.

Also, wannabe weather forecasters, who prove to their friends list their ability to look out of a window.

• Yolo Swaggins and Sting4S like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

frankenstein107, on 19 Jul 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Haha, I was remembering myspace a couple days ago, and one of the first things I remembered was how bands would always friend you back, no matter who you were, and it made me feel a little better because I always had maybe half the amount of friends the rest of my friends did, but I also only ever listened to three bands.

People who talk about social media in real life are annoying. Even worse is when someone reciprocates them and you get a discussion going. Keep that stuff where it belongs.  :angry:

MissCloud
  • MissCloud

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

People that post vague attention whoring and/or passive aggressive status updates aimed at certain people on their friends lists and then don't reveal anything and act like it's all a big secret, having made sure they put the spotlight on  themselves first.

Some common examples:

Facebook friend: OMG I Had SUCH a bad day, can't believe the drama that happened!!

Comment 1: what happened?

Comment 2: are you ok? 

Facebook friend: inbox me

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Facebook friend: WHY do I bother? Some friends aren't really friends!

Comment 1: what happened?

Comment 2: are you ok? 

Facebook friend: inbox me

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

• GTAKid667, SolidSnails and EphemeralStar like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

all this share this for blah blah blah. or like this for this nonsense reason. sh*t gets so annoying.
people that drive about slow as hell when I have places to be
any car commercial talking about how a non-turboed 4 cylinder engine has power when its just a pathetic pile of scrap metal
the beeping chime when starting a ford

radio stations playing eons of commercials

every radio station having a talk show in the morning- I don't want to listen to you, I just want to hear music

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

There are a lot of car posts on my Facebook feed but all of the hashtags drive me crazy. I get sick of #this #that #this #that #this #that #this #that #this #that with everything. I know it brings you more likes and followers but seriously?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

One thing I hate about facebook is that if I go to post something of value, nobody sees it. Meanwhile, some popular chick's posting about herself and getting 3983280 likes.

Gotta love being able to spam their self inflated statuses with pictures of Billy Mays, though.

• Sting4S and LightningLord411 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users