Photo

The Pet Peeves Thread

3,229 replies to this topic
Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Sir Michael, 3 days ago.

Having to dump in the middle of a workout. I just don't want to pull my shorts back up at that point, it feels weird putting sweaty clothes back on.
  • Femme Fatale likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 days ago

When I'm singing along to Lady Marmalade, and people assume that I'm listening to that awful cover by Christina Aguilera.

tfw you fall in love with someone that you know you'll never be with. :/
  • Darth Absentis likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

I've also had a few tailgaters sit right on my bumper when doing the speed limit. What's the f*cking rush idiot?

This does my absolute head in. I'm not risking forking out for a speeding fine just because some twat behind me thinks he's Lewis Hamilton. Sometimes I deliberately drive slower whenever I've got a tosser like that who's right up my arse. Can't stand these c*nts. /soothing Sunday morning
  • Mister Pink and Algonquin Assassin like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 days ago

I've also had a few tailgaters sit right on my bumper when doing the speed limit. What's the f*cking rush idiot?

This does my absolute head in. I'm not risking forking out for a speeding fine just because some twat behind me thinks he's Lewis Hamilton. Sometimes I deliberately drive slower whenever I've got a tosser like that who's right up my arse. Can't stand these c*nts. /soothing Sunday morning

It's worse when they do it in a residential area. I don't bother trying to antagonise them, but I always wonder what they must be in a hurry for.

• Mister Pink likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

It's worse when they do it in a residential area.

I personally think it's worse when they do it on a single lane country road, as the speed limit is higher and therefore the risk of a crash is increased. While we're on the subject, people who text whilst driving need to be fed to a starving pride of lions.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 2 days ago

Women who put on makeup behind the wheel are far worse

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 2 days ago

It's worse when they do it in a residential area. I don't bother trying to antagonise them, but I always wonder what they must be in a hurry for.
I honestly find it funny to antagonise such people. I mean it's so rude. I'd just drop below the speed limit and take my time at stop signs. They'll either get mad and illegally pass or realize they're being jerks.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 days ago

I just went the dark side and generally just go faster in such cases.

Really, i got tired of behaving like we are supposed to do on the roads in regards to speed limit.

If i had a dollar for every person on the road i saw going past it i could make my living out of just driving here...and yes.. i would be able to pay my gas, food and some extra's.

There should be better punishment against this sh*t.

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

Gangsta

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 days ago

A few times on the M1 I've seen lorry drivers on their phones, (I don't know cars so forgive me but the lorries that have trailers? Ridiculously large and long). It's bad enough in a regular car but when you're driving a vehicle of that size, it's a bit more worrying.

I also remember a sports car swerved in front of the coach I was on (and sped up and did the same to a few more vehicles in front), coming back from London, our driver had to slam on his breaks. I would've thought someone in a smaller car would not play silly buggers with a coach.. If we crashed into him, whose more likely to be severely injured? Whose vehicle is more likely to be destroyed?

I don't want to drive, sod that. Too many drivers do silly things.

• Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 days ago Edited by fashion, 2 days ago.

I just went the dark side and generally just go faster in such cases.

Really, i got tired of behaving like we are supposed to do on the roads in regards to speed limit.

If i had a dollar for every person on the road i saw going past it i could make my living out of just driving here...and yes.. i would be able to pay my gas, food and some extra's.

There should be better punishment against this sh*t.

Guess what, the state is basically living on speed fines :D
While going faster is tempting, it's better to just slow down and eventually let them hit your ass if they're dumb enough. (No pun intended)
Why? Because you speeding up is exactly what they want from you. If someone's being a dick on the road, dick them back.

Although speed limits can be completely unreasonable, they're there to keep everyone on the road safe
Spoiler

Oh and f*ck every truck driver on the highways for overtaking other trucks. For f*cks sake.
  • Scaglietti, Darth Absentis and Ivan1997GTA like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

Gangsta

• The Precinct
  • None
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago Edited by ceszayers, A day ago.

People who take selfies or arrange 'photoshoots' in cemeteries.

No, just f*cking stop.

It's not dark or artistic, it's disrespectful. Draping yourself over someones tombstone, f*ck off. The emo kids in college used to do that sh*t and I see bloody ADULTS doing it on instagram.

If I was visiting the grave of a loved and happened upon someone using the grave as a prop, I'd lose my sh*t.

It's both insulting to whoever is in the grave (and their loved ones) and embarrassing to witness, it speaks volumes about your character if you think taking pictures in a graveyard is cool.

• Mister Pink and iLLYHiGHROLLER like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A day ago Edited by Scaglietti, A day ago.

People who whine about how much actors/actresses make:

"Salaries for Actors and Actresses are obscene. There is no real talent involved. They even have the audacity to pat themselves on the back with awards and red carpet events. Do they not know shame?"

Hmm. Okay. I'd like to see you get up there and do better. Idiots who act like doing such and such is easy when they haven't even tried it before, especially as a profession. People's jealousy get in the way of their judgment too much when it comes to money.

And then people who throw around terms like rich without thinking. Assuming that anyone with an above average house/car simply has an endless supply of money or must've gotten it from their rich parents/family. Or worse, assumption that everybody who makes a good living (so-called "rich") is self centered.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

To be fair, when a bunch of Hollywood celebs use an awards ceremony as an occasion to applaud and give a standing ovation to a paedophile, I'm inclined to just think they're a bunch of filth in general, regardless of how much they earn.
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER, Audi and PicardsBong like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago Edited by The Deadite, A day ago.

To be fair, when a bunch of Hollywood celebs use an awards ceremony as an occasion to applaud and give a standing ovation to a paedophile, I'm inclined to just think they're a bunch of filth in general, regardless of how much they earn.

Who are you talking about?
  • Scaglietti likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000591/
  • Scaglietti and The Deadite like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A day ago

Hmm. Okay. I'd like to see you get up there and do better. Idiots who act like doing such and such is easy when they haven't even tried it before, especially as a profession. People's jealousy get in the way of their judgment too much when it comes to money.

While it's not fair to brush away what they do as easy, saying "I'd like to see you do x" is never a legitimate counter-argument...being a critic is a different ballgame to being a professional. Most award shows are also pretty naff, that's the circle-jerky side of hollwood tbh

also eat the rich
  • LevelDockSix likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

Gangsta

• The Precinct
  • None
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

Another one, Luc Besson. I only found out the other day.

32 years old getting a 15 year old pregnant. Christ. There's tons of them floating about.

Audi
  • Audi

Отъеби́сь

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Hong-Kong
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted A day ago

People who whine about how much actors/actresses make:

"Salaries for Actors and Actresses are obscene. There is no real talent involved. They even have the audacity to pat themselves on the back with awards and red carpet events. Do they not know shame?"

And then people who throw around terms like rich without thinking. Assuming that anyone with an above average house/car simply has an endless supply of money or must've gotten it from their rich parents/family. Or worse, assumption that everybody who makes a good living (so-called "rich") is self centered.

Disagree on the actors thing. Hollywood is 100% a massive elitist circle jerk. Mind you not everyone individual actor or actress is, but the whole culture of the business is pretty scummy.

Completely agree on last paragraph about the wealthy as a whole though. It's a massive pet peeve of mine as well. I'll just keep grinding and they can keep hating *shrug*.
  • Scaglietti, iLLYHiGHROLLER and The Deadite like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A day ago

When Youtube recommends videos that I already watched instead of new ones, or videos that I'm not interested in.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 hours ago

When you meet someone you haven't seen in ages and you have to play back the conversation in your head to make sure you didn't say anything awkward and or embarassing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users