2 replies to this topic
D4D0
  • D4D0

Runner

• New Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Hello, I'm new to modding.

Recently I've downloaded MEd and I'm using it with SA. It works perfectly!

But I'd like to edit Liberty City in GTA 3 because it's smaller and simpler than San Andreas.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so here's my procedure:

1. I create a new .IPL and a folder with the same name as the .IPL file, and then save the file inside that folder.

2. I close MEd, go to data folder and edit gta3.dat so that the new .IPL is on the bottom of the file.

3. I open MEd, and go to Scene tab where I select the new .IPL and LANDne.IPL.

4. On the IPL tab, I add road (ID: 1117) in the new .IPL.

(I'm trying to make a brigde to Ghost Town. I simply want to place road in the air, and I place the first road object in front of the closed tunnel, with X rotation set to 152)

5. I start GTA3 and the game will freeze at 80% loading screen. When I press anything, the program crashes without error messages.

I've noticed that the game will work if I only place one object... Adding the second object will lead to crash.

So am I doing something wrong? Please help!

mariojoao00
  • mariojoao00

C. Speed is the best GTA Character! Indeed!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

All I can say is that you might have a different version that won't support modding well. Try downloading a modding version of GTA3 and it might work (v1.0, I guess that's the one who supports modding). If you have a version that supports modding, sorry, I don't know. Ask anyone. This is all I can help you with, sorry.

D4D0
  • D4D0

Runner

• New Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

I've tried 1.0 today and it's not working.

I can download and install any map mod and it works, but mine keeps crashing :cry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users