Hello, I'm new to modding.
Recently I've downloaded MEd and I'm using it with SA. It works perfectly!
But I'd like to edit Liberty City in GTA 3 because it's smaller and simpler than San Andreas.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so here's my procedure:
1. I create a new .IPL and a folder with the same name as the .IPL file, and then save the file inside that folder.
2. I close MEd, go to data folder and edit gta3.dat so that the new .IPL is on the bottom of the file.
3. I open MEd, and go to Scene tab where I select the new .IPL and LANDne.IPL.
4. On the IPL tab, I add road (ID: 1117) in the new .IPL.
(I'm trying to make a brigde to Ghost Town. I simply want to place road in the air, and I place the first road object in front of the closed tunnel, with X rotation set to 152)
5. I start GTA3 and the game will freeze at 80% loading screen. When I press anything, the program crashes without error messages.
I've noticed that the game will work if I only place one object... Adding the second object will lead to crash.
So am I doing something wrong? Please help!