2 replies to this topic
Sayak96
  • Sayak96

Sayak96

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

I saw a random house in GTA IV, and thought to modify it. I have openIV and I kept viewing building models, but it's impossible to pick out one building this way, by viewing models randomly. How can I know the model name of an object or a building that I see in the game? Anyone please help me!!  :panic:

• MenuET and Jasewolf like this

Jasewolf
  • Jasewolf

Bus Enthusiast

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Any update? I would also like to know this and also how I cab find the object id so i can spawn it with SNT.

• MenuET likes this

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci
  • Panama

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by MenuET, 30 August 2014 - 10:02 PM.

Hello,

I saw a random house in GTA IV, and thought to modify it. I have openIV and I kept viewing building models, but it's impossible to pick out one building this way, by viewing models randomly. How can I know the model name of an object or a building that I see in the game? Anyone please help me!!  

Find out where your house is in the map, and then open the proper img file. See the image or if you have GIMS: START; Tools; Helpers; Map

gta4moddingmap.jpg

Example: My house is in Hover Beach

Hover beach is located on img /east/brook_s

later, you have to search for it randomly file by file. Sometimes you find it by wdr name, like house or something like that. 

Of course, there are better explanations than mine, but by now, this is the best method i can do.

• Jestic and Jasewolf like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users