Table of Contents:
- Introduction, Setting & Gangs
- Story & Characters
- Gameplay & Features
- Weapons & Vehicles
- Radio & TV stations
- Aftermath DLC
- Undercover DLC
- Mission Index
Grand Theft Auto: Carcer City takes place in the fictional Carcer City Metro-Area. While not based on any single Rust Belt City, Carcer City and it's surrounding cities borrow elements from a variety of Rust Belt cities such as Detroit, Camden NJ, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago and several others. The Carcer Metropolitan Area is located in the Lenape Bay.
CARCER CITY: Carcer City was founded in by William J. Carcer. At first starting out as a small hamlet, Carcer City expanded greatly during the 19th century with the construction of several mill buildings, marking it's start as an industrial hub. As the population grew greatly. At the start of the 20th century, Carcer City's factories began producing automobiles, and produced America's weaponry during both World Wars as well as the Korean War. After the wars, Carcer City continued to prosper until the late 1960's.
Like the rest of the Rust Belt, Carcer City fell into decay. During the late 1960's and early 1970's, Carcer City's manufacturing declined, leading to massive unemployment, as well as a rise in the poverty level. The increasing poverty lead to some of the population to move out throughout the rest of the decade. The mid to late 70's saw a huge influx of urban decay, drugs, gangs, and murder, all throughout the Carcer Metro-Area. By 1979, Carcer City was labeled one of the most dangerous cities in the eastern United States.
As of 1988 Carcer City has the highest crime rate in the United States, and an equally high murder rate. Carcer's population is estimated to be a little above 350,000, a number that is slowly decreasing as the city continues to decay. With poverty and urban decaying increasing, many of it's population began moving around throughout the city, leading to many neighborhoods having populations of different races which is why many of Carcer's street gangs are mixed race. Though some ethnic neighborhoods exists such as the Irish American populated Little Dublin, Mexican, Salvadoran and other Latino populated Los Albos and East Los Albos, Greek neighborhood of Athens, and Polish neighborhood of New Warsaw.
NORTH CARCER: North Carcer was once the place of heavy steel production in the Carcer Metro Area. In fact, North Carcer had the largest steel production industry in the entire northeast United States. During the 1950's and 60's, a large influx of low-income people began moving to North Carcer in hopes to gain jobs in it's steel industry. In response, the city built numerous public housing projects to house these new residents.
GUTTERSTANE: Gutterstane was founded in 1792 by Rupert Gutterstane, making it the oldest city in the Carcer Metropolitan Area. For many years, many of it's people worked in North Carcer's steel mills. However, with the crash of industry, many of Gutterstane's population became unemployed. By the 1980's it became the hub for prostitution.
In addition to being a major hub for prostitution, Gutterstane has an extremely busy Red Light District, the largest out of any in the Carcer Metro-Area. Various criminal groups from the surrounding cities and towns have a presence in the Red Light District, with most control in the hands
WAPONA: The mostly suburban Wapona was founded in 1854 by German immigrants. From it's founding to the present, Wapona was home to a large number of the Carcer Metro-Area's middle and upper class population. However with the increase of crime, loss of jobs, and rise in crime, some of it's population left in hope of finding better opportunities.
As of 1988 the city of Wapona is the home to many abandoned, decaying houses that were left behind by their owners earlier in the decade. Even some of it's once luxurious mansions are abandoned, left to fall apart or be claimed by criminals who use them as bases of operations, and to hide in. Wapona's population is primarily white, mostly of German descent. Wapona is infamous for being home to the Wapona Trinity, an alliance of three German-American crime families who practically control the city.
TOLL ISLAND: A small island located in the Addison River. Toll Island has the lowest population in Carcer Metro-Area at around 500. Most the buildings on the island stand abandoned. The lack of people and abundance of abandoned buildings make it a major hiding spots for criminals on the run looking to lay low.
DARKWOODS: An old Mill Town, Darkwoods is home to the Darkwoods Penitentiary which houses the Carcer City-Metro Area's convicts. Drug abuse in Darkwoods is much higher than any of it's neighbors. With the high demand of drugs, came the rise of two large gangs; the Smileys and the Jokerz' Wild. Members of both gangs are noted to be rampant drug users, and extremely violent, overwhelming the Darkwoods police.
KINGS' VIEW: At once point, King's View was a thriving fishing town. However pollution from the factories of neighboring Carcer City drove away a good portion of the fish that drove the economy and killed off whatever didn't leave. Now the fishing docks stand abandoned, being used by various groups to smuggle in drugs.
Criminal organizations are a serious problem in the Carcer City Metro-Area, having a presence in almost every city. They are are not afraid to break into violence against the player or other gangs. Gang members can be seen partaking in drug deals, extortion and a number of other crimes. Players might also stumble upon gangs engaging in gang-warfare.
- Red Kings: Carcer City's largest street gang with over 400 members, and the most dangerous. A mixed race gang, the Red Kings are heavily involved in prostitution, arms dealing, extortion, and drug dealing. During the day they guard their turf and wage war against their two long time enemies; Carcer Nation, and Los Innocentz. During the night they'll venture throughout the city and terrorize anyone unlucky to get in their path. Members are refereed to as Kings (Males) and Queens (Females). The Kings' colors are dark red, and grey. Their primary territory are the neighborhoods of Gilling Hill and Old Town. The Red Kings also have a presence throughout the rest of the Carcer Metro Area, and a set of the Kings can be found in Cottonmouth, Florida.
- Carcer Nation: Another mixed race gang, and the long time enemies of the Red Kings. The Carcer Nation are Carcer's second largest distributors of the demon known as Crack, and have access to powerful firearms such as the Assault Shotgun and .45 SMG. They're known for their brutality and terrorizing anyone living in their turf. Their headquarters is the Gilman Projects located in Jefferson, which also houses some of their drug labs. Any attempts to attack this stronghold by law enforcement and enemy gangs alike have ended in complete bloodshed. Just like their enemies, Carcer Nation has presences throughout the Carcer Metro Area.
- Los Innocentz: A Latino (primarily Mexican and Salvadoran) street gang from the Los Albos neighborhood. Los Innocentz are known for sticking together in large numbers, which is problematic for both police and their enemies. Extortion, drug dealing, and gun running are their main source of income. They are perhaps best known throughout the underworld for their use of Satanic imagery in their graffiti, tattoos, and on their clothing.
- Aces N 187s: A powerful street gang from the east side of Carcer City. The Aces are a street gang of drug dealers, thugs, theives and junkies of all backgrounds. They are heavily involved in drug dealing (primarily Crack), and Extortion. They are desperate to protect their territory and profits, often beating lone drug dealers to death if they catch them selling in their turf without paying a tribute. Members usually wear wear black and white or white and red depending on the set. They use playing cards in their imagery.
- The Jury: A group of violent, hockey mask-wearing thugs. The Jury are an unusual street gang, as they aren't involved in the drug trade like the rest of Carcer City's gangs. Active only at night, they move about the city streets and abandoned structures, beating to death anyone they come in contact with. They are also known to be hired by other groups as extra muscle.
- Bad Men United: Originally a loose-alliance of North Carcer street gangs, Bad Men United has become a very large street gang that nearly dominates North Carcer. They are perhaps the most well organized street gang in the Carcer area, harboring major control over the drug trade in North Carcer with Crack Cocaine and Heroin being their biggest selling drugs. Currently they have a shaky truce with Fiends Forever, which members of both gangs violate from time to time.
- Fiends Forever: Fiends Forever was originally a street gang that was a member of Bad Men United before it became a single large gang. After BMU turned into a single gang, Fiends Forever refused to join, which then started the two's extremely violent rivalry. As stated before they have a truce with BMU that's falling apart.
- Villanos: North Carcer-based Puerto Rican gangsters. The Villanos are the third largest gang in that city, controlling the ethnic Hispanic neighborhood of Little Ponce. They're heavily involved in robbery and burglary, with most of their stolen property sold and the money spent on drugs.
- Crimson Cobra Kings: A rogue set of the Red Kings that broke off from the main gang and were exiled to North Carcer. In addition to being at war with the three other gangs there, they often drive into Carcer City at night to pull drive-by shootings against the Red Kings. Despite being the smallest gang in North Carcer, exiled members of the Red Kings often join CCK as a way of seeking revenge against their old gang.
- Smileys: One of Darkwoods' two gangs, and the largest of them. Inactive during daylight hours, Smileys will often come out at sunset and roam Darkwoods throughout the night looking for a fight with their enemies, Jokzer'z Wild and usually anyone else they stumble upon. Addicted to Cocaine, and Amphetamines, the Smileys have turned borderline psychotic from their drug abuse.
- Joker'z Wild: The Joker'z Wild are an insane bunch, being possibly worse than the Smileys. Like their enemies, they are heavily addicted to drugs and their mental state has broken down from their drug use. They often wear crude, clown-like face paint and wear navy-blue jumpsuits. They are easy to provoke, and attacking will lead to them to extreme retaliation with Jokerz pursuing the player, shouting nonsensical and disturbing remarks.
- Angels of Death MC:
- Hell Lords MC:
- James Family Syndicate: Since the early 1980's, the James Family Syndicate has been the dominate power in the Carcer underworld, having wiped out more powerful mob families and taken over the majority of the drug trade in the area. The Syndicate runs a variety of other criminal operations which includes arms dealing, racketeering, extortion, prostitution, and fencing stolen goods. They are well organized, and extremely dangerous, armed with an assortment of weaponry. They are the most powerful criminal organization in the Carcer Metro-Area, with a strong influence over the underworld. They also have connections with the Carcer City Police Department as well as the city government. In addition to Carcer City the Syndicate has a presence in the Liberty City area, most notably Acter, Alderney City, Tudor, and Broker. They also have a small presence in Vice City, where they conduct business with the Entrometerse Cartel.
The James Family is run by the three James brothers: Randall, Kenneth, and Corey. Randall serves as the Syndicate's main leader, Kenneth as his second in command, and Corey ranking bellow him. Their cousin Rob Lucerio runs the James Family's operations in the Liberty City area. While their longtime friend Neil Scavar runs their Vice City presence.
- Lucky Clovers Gang: Carcer City's Irish mob can trace it's origins back to Prohibition where the various Irish gangs merged together and ran a large bootlegging operation. As of the 1980's, the Clovers mostly sell Cocaine, with a hand in prostitution and gun running as well. They have connections with the McRearys in Liberty City, and various Irish crime families in the Midwest and New England.
- Aryan Resistance: An organization of Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists, who come of many backgrounds ranging from White Power Skinheads to racist bikers. Considered worthless trash by all the other gangs in Carcer City. They've have had their asses handed to them by pretty much everyone (and rightfully so). Their only territory is Denton's Junkyard which is run by their leader, Johnathan Denton.
- Wardogs: The Wardogs are an organization of arms dealers. They operate throughout the Carcer City area, supplying weaponry to the gangs, criminals, anyone looking for some firepower. As to be expected, they have a powerful arsenal with guns that range from basic .38 revolvers, to fully automatic machine guns.
- Wapona Trinity: The Wapona Trinity is the collective name for three German-American crime families based in Wapona. The Schaffer Family is the most powerful family of the Trinity and hold a leash over the other two. They are notorious for their brutality towards their enemies and extremely violent punishments for failures and traitors. The second most powerful family is the Weiss Family. They have a bitter hatred for the Schaffers and are only allied with them out of fear of their brutality, not to mention that being allied with them means being guaranteed protection. Then there is the weakest of the families, the Baum Family, who's main source of income is through the filming and distribution of various illegal forms of pornography.