Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dodo plane seems hard to drive on iPod Touch 5th Gen.

12 replies to this topic
autobotlongarm
  • autobotlongarm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

It's inpossible.I can barely fly for 4 seconds.Ramps don't even help.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

You know that flying with the Dodo requires to use a very special trick, even on PS2 ?

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

That's right...the way that flight works in this game, ramps *wouldn't* help (trying to sustain flight from an inclined surface would actually be more difficult to achieve than from a flat level surface). You are supposed to dip the nose of the Dodo toward the ground while accelerating to top speed...when you let go, the "wind current" takes over and lifts the Dodo skyward. Do not let the game lift the nose of the Dodo more than 30 degrees or so, or it will stall and drop like a rock. Keep tapping the nose forward when it rises too steep to prevent that. Eventually, it'll reach the vertical limit and become very stable.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by Militia, 18 July 2014 - 10:47 PM.

Yeah, this plane is impossible to fly.  I am the same way, only got 8 seconds as my best flight time.  I was only able to get 99/100 Hidden Packages (early) because I couldn't fly the Dodo to the lift bridge of SSV.  So I had to wait until SSV was unlocked to get it the normal, easier way.  I hate the Dodo so much :p  It's required for Import/Export Garage in Portland and I just drive it there.  I do NOT fly it, and I am playing it on PS3 with my PS2 disc.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Can't understan y'all. :p
Dodo is VERY easy to fly IF you LEARN it.
My best fly was around few minuts, and then I got bored of it and landed. :D

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Can't understan y'all. :p
Dodo is VERY easy to fly IF you LEARN it.
My best fly was around few minuts, and then I got bored of it and landed. :D

Yeah, I am sure, if you learn it and practice it's not a problem.  But what if I don't care to fly a wingless plane?  LOL, I much rather be on the ground or flying a Maverick in LCS to enjoy Liberty City from the air.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

"I don't care to do it" is not the definition of "impossible" ;) Flying is really just overcoming the instinct to pull back on the stick. Not difficult at all.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

It's actually a bit more tricky on touch screen devices. I tried it a bunch of times on the Android version and I almost managed to land it on the lift bridge but I'm not able to fly it properly yet.

It's a breeze on PC.

• Militia likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

You're falsley implying the Dodo was easy to drive on the PS2

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Are you implying that it isn't? Some might find *learning* how to handle it a little tricky, but the Dodo does most of the work for you if you let it. The higher the nose goes, the more altitude you are going to lose when it falls later. The more it falls, the bigger "boost" you are going to get on the next cycle (with a higher probability of listing to the left or right). Once you reach the altitude cap, the falling/rising relationship is pretty much cancelled out and you can *almost* stay in the air indefinitely without intervention. Just coarse corrections to keep it within game world boundries (and to avoid UJ locations if headed inland). Once this is mastered, you can work on the difficult stuff...like barrel rolls, looping, and climbing sideways to go higher than the altitude cap allows.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:21 AM Edited by Criѕtian, 26 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

Does anyone know how the autosave function works on Android? It seems that when you quit the game the game gets saved (unless you're on a mission) so you're kinda screwed if you die or fail a mission and quit. I don't think there's any way to turn it off.

Also, has anyone been able to perform the Taxi glitch on their portable device? As soon as I try to enter the second vehicle (after I exit the Taxi while looking back) the taxi mission is triggered and I fail it because Claude is not in a vehicle yet. I've tried this this on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100).

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

I find it actually quite easy to fly on my S4 compared to PS2 and PC back then.

browar25
  • browar25

Cyber Assassin

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

It's very easy on PC if you know the way it works. After some practice you're more likely to get bored and quit the game than fail down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users