» «

Fort Zancudo (GTA V) VS Area 69 (GTA San Andreas)

21 replies to this topic

Poll: Fort Zancudo vs Area 69 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one??!?!?!?!??!!!??!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1. Fort Zancudo (16 votes [39.02%])

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

2. Area 69 (25 votes [60.98%])

Percentage of vote: 60.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • wiizardii

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Fort zancudo

Vs GTA SA Area 69

Wich army base do you think is best? Wich one has better army, helicopters, jets, etc etc.

Personally, I like Area 69 better, because it has some certain mystique to it wich I like. Fort Zancudo seemed pretty straight forward, and the army was too aggressive.

• GTA-Biker

Ride or die

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by LeopardGecko, 18 July 2014 - 02:41 PM.

I like Area 69 better because I could explore it(even if it was only with a cheat that prevents getting wanted level),I can´t do anything in Fort Zancudo outside of one online mission or without the time limited cops turn blind eye option.However,I do like how Zancudo is populated,I couldn´t find anyone in Area 69 outside of mission where CJ steals a jetpack,but still I vote for Area 69.

• AnDReJ98

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Area 69 all the way.

• universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

As much as I hate saying it, I'd say Area 69 was more realistic than Fort Zancudo.

• alanpetrej27486

Player Hater

• None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

I much prefer Area 69.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

I had more fun in Area 69.

• confederatestatesgta

joe barbaro the best character in mafia 2!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

wow this is tough. i love both! but i would have to vote fortt zancudo mainly because it feels lifelike. you see peeople patrol in vehicles soldiers walking in groups and my favorite soldiers in the training ground. you can see the lift weights and other activities. i scout that place alot. i also like the swamps just south of it. area 59 is cool mainly because its in the desert which i love and because of its cool interior underground. and i love how both forts have a no picture sign on them. you should have added fortt baxter from vice city because i liked that base alot. overall i love that rockstar put military bases in gta they are fun to scout and mess around in. also its fun to see how long you can survive against the army.

• TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Area 69. It has far more mystique.
  • Verdant likes this

• Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by Verdant, 21 July 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Yeah as much as they are both great places, I preferably enjoy Area 69 more. It always scares me when I'm flying past it on GTA SA and I see the red target on the radar coming towards me at the last second.

• Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'm going to say Fort Zancudo.

1. It is so much harder to steal anything from there. I need to try to plan my attack in there, Area 69 just had me driving through the vehicle gate and getting in a tank. Hydra spawns to Verdant Meadows, so the only thing I never needed from there was The Rhino.

2. I still don't know everything about it. Area 69 lost this feeling with me after "Black Project"

3. The mystery around the "Zancudo UFO", and it's possible connection to the Chiliad mural.

• MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

LOL Area 69 because I like taking my fully AP/EC Maverick I obtained and fly over it to get a 5 star wanted level, then I let the SAM rockets do all the work for me.  When I am being fired at, I am invincible, but the idiot FBI guys below me are not, obviously.  So I like hovering my Maverick over the FBI Ranchers and the SAM Rockets just completely annihilate everyone and everything underneath me while I hover there completely untouched.

• Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

@ LeopardGekko: There is a cheat to explore Zancudo too.

During the second hunting mission with Cletus in Paleto when he tells you to send him a picture you can explore and do anything with no wanted level.

Just don't blow anything up or you'll spook the elk and fail the mission.

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Area 69 cuz the whole Area 51 thing, And because the inside of the bas was cool. lol

• jeanrjm

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Area 69

GTA SA's map is my favorite, it is varied, mysterious, has the 90s feeling and really looks like a state.

• Dope_0110

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 22 July 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Could you have chosen a worse picture to represent Fort Zancuno? It's dark, rainy and you can't see sh*t, compared to sunny Areas 69.

On topic: Zancuno is definitely more realistic looking (not talking about graphics, just layout, stuff that's in there etc.) and provides more of a challenge to do anything once you go trough the gates.
Area 69 had that nice interior that for some reason reminded me of the original Half Life, but outside of that one mission it's just an area where you go to get a tank, with no opposition inside which kind of defeats it's purpose. If it had soldiers patrolling, and activating the 6 star wanted level only when they discover you, it would be much better. Though, it was always fun to take that old WWII plane from the nearby airport and fly over the base.

BTW a much better picture:

• matajuegos01

• None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Area 69, as tittytwisters said it's a bit more realistic. Who on earth would waste a tank missile on a human?

• Dorney23

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

The main thing Area 69 had going for it was the sexual reference in the name  underground, the 'secret' part of it, however there is only limited things to see there, but the mission there was one of my favorites, especially trying to creep around stealthily without being noticed. But in terms of layout/content it wasn't much like a major army base (which it would be as its the only one in San Andreas). 

Zancudo on the other hand had the perfect layout, content (jets, jeeps, trucks, tanks, helicopters, titans, marching soldiers, a full runway, storage areas, fuel tankers etc.) Every time I enter Zancudo it's thrilling as you don't know whether it'll be a tank, soldier on foot or someone in a jeep that will come after you and it's a challenge to get out of there once you've gotten what you came for.

For me it has to be Zancudo, but I did love Area 69 in the days of San Andreas

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 24 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

69 fo life!
It was way better than fort zancudo!
Fort Zancudo is an army base, but Area 69 was mysterious, and you always wanted to discover more about it.

Mr. Dreemurr
  • Mr. Dreemurr

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Fort Zancudo

Are 69 was some pavement with hangars.

• PG.

• Mars

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Area 69 of course.

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Here's my card....

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Area 69. More mysterious. Looked and felt like a real secret base, out in the desert, just like Area 51. Fort Zancudo is there right in the middle of a freakin' city. Very mysterious *rolls eyes*.

• Dorney23

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Area 69. More mysterious. Looked and felt like a real secret base, out in the desert, just like Area 51. Fort Zancudo is there right in the middle of a freakin' city. Very mysterious *rolls eyes*.

It's not meant to be mysterious. Plenty of things in San Andreas were mysterious (ghost cars, Leatherface, Bio well, Area 69) GTA V doesn't go down that path so really you should be judging them by content, layout, etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users