Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which games do you want to see remastered?

222 replies to this topic
Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by Verdant, 24 November 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Scarface: The World is Yours, I played that game all the time and would love to see it remastered. As well as the action beat 'em up game God Hand it didn't get such good ratings but they could implement a co-op or Player vs Player mode if they were to remaster it, that'd be nice imo.

• Lazerface likes this

Pomlei
  • Pomlei

Memories

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

The Getaway franchise needs to return

The_Getaway_PS2.jpg

53885_front.jpg

• Verdant, Cosmic Gypsy, Stormingz and 2 others like this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake.

UNDGND
  • UNDGND

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Def Jam Fight for NY - Updated graphics, soundtrack, more venues, more characters, clothing options, online multiplayer.

• Fireman and The Deadite like this

zunek8347
  • zunek8347

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

RDR hands down.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

Still one of the best PS2 FPS of all time, I played through it a month or so ago and it still feels amazing, tops every shooter today.

Best Mortal Kombat ever, no doubt.
  • Mister Pink, Femme Fatale and Ivan1997GTA like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

Manhunt, just imagine this sh*t in modern graphics.

What I love most about this(apart from the obvious) is that it was uploaded on my birthday. :3
  • Mister Pink, Cosmic Gypsy, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:12 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing New Vegas in a Fallout 4 engine/style. 

• Mister Pink and Payne Killer like this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

True Crime: NYC. I'd love to see a more modern NYC with a better game engine and less bugs.

• Mister Pink, Payne Killer and Coleco like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:20 AM Edited by Donatello, 30 May 2017 - 05:15 PM.

Everything about this game was perfection from the story to the combat to the music to the humor.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

GUN is worthy of a remaster, Thomas Jane in a western, what more could you ask for. I have it on 360 and it has this art painting style to it compared to the PS2, looks really good but a sequel or remaster would be good enough for me.

Found this cool video of Metal Gear Solid(98) on unreal engine 4, too bad we'll never see it.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:26 AM Edited by Awesom-0, 30 May 2017 - 06:46 AM.

Resident Evil 4.  :lol:

I'm being serious. Instead of just porting it over on a new console with slightly better graphics, I want Capcom ro remaster this game like they did with the RE1 remaster on the Xbox One. It's one of my favorite games of all time and it deserves it. 

Add some new gameplay, some new costumes, weapons, and game modes FFS!

I think it would be cool to see some Devil May Cry's Dante and Trish costumes for Leon and Ashley as an Easter Egg because RE4 was originally going to be DMC. Maybe add some new characters and maps for the Mercenaries mode.

Add some sort of weapons from older games.

Add some new Characters (Like Chris, Barry, and Jill) and Maps (Like something from Raccoon City ) to the Mercenaries mode.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:40 AM Edited by Tycek, 30 May 2017 - 06:32 PM.

In my opinion there is no point in remastering games that came out during the period of 7th generation (PS3 and Xbox 360) as the difference between the old and new version, while sometimes noticeable doesn't actually justify the price and the work put into the development. Especially that many of the remasters are done by the external companies, which don't care about the quality or the art of the original game (vide Batman Return to Arkham).

OT:

- Interstate '76 along with Nitro Pack (called Nitro Riders in some regions) - really great game, that could use some appreciation back in the days. Sure it's sequel was noting worth writing home about, but the original game and its stand alone add-on had great graphics, physics, engaging storyline and compelling gameplay.

- System Shock -I am not exactly sure if it should be included here, since it's already in development, but I still would like to see it (I hope it will be made and it will meet with the expectations). 

- Urban Chaos - great beat'em up made in 1998. Despite its technological flaws, it was years ahead its time in terms of the main character (young afro-american female cop) and the storyline (it went strange in the later parts, but still was great nonetheless).

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica. 4 up to 7 are already available on the newest generation and Resident Evil 1 received a well-done Remaster a couple of years back. I'd love to see the remaining three main games get a remaster as well. Rumor has it Capcom is already working on a remake of Resident Evil 2, though no footage has been released yet. Perhaps this E3...

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

- Interstate '76 

YES  :^:

I also would love to see R*'s The Warriors remastered. That was a good game anyway but how it tied in with the original movie worked really well in my opinion. Plus gangs brawling on a seedy disco dancefloor to Amii Stewart's Knock On Wood was always a joy to behold.

• Mister Pink, Tycek and Cosmic Gypsy like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Zombies on the SNES. Loved the music in that game.

Hnnnnnng!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:12 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 30 May 2017 - 05:17 PM.

I also would love to see R*'s The Warriors remastered. That was a good game anyway but how it tied in with the original movie worked really well in my opinion. Plus gangs brawling on a seedy disco dancefloor to Amii Stewart's Knock On Wood was always a joy to behold.

I would love that. I don't have the means to play The Warriors even though I own it for original Xbox and PS2. This is why I like remasters because sometimes I may not have completed a game or some years have past and I have a different outlook towards a particular game and want to revisit it. The backwards compatible feature on the Xbox One is great but it's nice revisit games with beefed up graphics so to take the sting out of "downgrade" of what we're used to these days, graphics-wise. 

I've been playing Skyrim SE and there was just so many things I never got to do the first time round. I didn't mind paying the 50 yoyos because I've got about 75 hours (and counting) pleasure out of the game which really isn't bad value. 

Also, remastering a games on the Xbox is kind of fruitful because with backwards compatibility, I can still play my Skyrim on a Scorpio in 2022 which I bought for my 2013 Xbox console. The longevity of the remaster is great. 

Unfortunately, games like The Warriors have not been remastered or made backwards compatible and they get lost and fade in to obscurity. Remasters for me is like preserving games so they can accessed in the future without having to buy the hardware to run them on. I think preserving great games is deserved of remastering, just like they do with The Beatles or Kraftwerk back-catelogue. New technology comes around and it's nice to apply its, even if cosmetic to some old games.   

I know PC's solve this issue but not in the case of masterpieces like RDR that never made it to PC. And I'm not a PC gamer so, it's irrelevant to me. 

Tycek made a good point and some times the bump or difference isn't all that great from one gen to the next but sometimes convenience of just having the accessibility to the game is good. 

• Coleco and Tech-Noir like this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

☭ LMG MOUNTED AND LOADED ☭

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Resident Evil 4.  :lol:

-snip-

The game looks good enough, even when they upscaled it a bit on new consoles.  Really no need for a remaster, as good of a game it is.  Resident Evil 1 got a remaster because it looks 150% different cause the original RE1 looks like complete trash.  It has not aged well and this is coming from a massive Resident Evil fan.

Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica. 4 up to 7 are already available on the newest generation and Resident Evil 1 received a well-done Remaster a couple of years back. I'd love to see the remaining three main games get a remaster as well. Rumor has it Capcom is already working on a remake of Resident Evil 2, though no footage has been released yet. Perhaps this E3...

They are working on Resident Evil 2's remake, it's been confirmed back in 2015 but Capcom has been extremely quiet about it since.  I'm still waiting for more information as Resident Evil 2 is my favorite game of all time.  Resident Evil 3 deserves a remake as well, but I don't know if Code Veronica really needs one.  It has lower popularity (and is honestly one of my least favorite of the series), and still holds up to this day pretty well.  Especially the HD version on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Hate it tho.

I would love that. I don't have the means to play The Warriors even though I own it for original Xbox and PS2. This is why I like remasters because sometimes I may not have completed a game or some years have past and I have a different outlook towards a particular game and want to revisit it. The backwards compatible feature on the Xbox One is great but it's nice revisit games with beefed up graphics so to take the sting out of "downgrade" of what we're used to these days, graphics-wise.

Yeah it's a goddamn shame considering how great The Warriors is.  I would have preferred a HD version over that weird release, The Warriors: Street Brawl that I have yet to play.  Like you said, it's a shame to see such gems just get hidden in obscurity.  The Warriors and Bully are two incredibly underrated and overlooked Rockstar titles that I always praise around other gamers.  Thankfully, Bully received a remaster and even made it to backwards compatibility on Xbox One but The Warriors is still being left in the dark and I can't really image Rockstar bringing it back.  It would even be neat if they brought it to mobile or something like they have done with their older Grand Theft Auto games.  Then maybe they could just do a port of it to current-gen consoles like how they ported the mobile version of San Andreas as labeled it San Andreas HD.  As sh*tty as the port was, I'd take anything at this point of The Warriors to be honest.

• Mister Pink likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

Even though I don't care for San Andreas that much I think it deserved better than that "remaster" it got back in 2014. Instead of porting a buggy as f*ck IOS version over to the consoles it should get a proper remaster.

• Wu-Tang Forever, Android and Femme Fatale like this

JASONROCKS1998
  • JASONROCKS1998

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Automodellista

Burnout 3: Takedown

Crash 'N' Burn
Driver

Driver 2
Driver: Parallel Lines

Forza Motorsport 

Forza Motorsport 4

Gran Turismo 

Gran Turismo 3

Gran Turismo 4

L.A Noire

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Need For Speed Carbon

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Need For Speed Underground 2

Project Gotham Racing 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

Race Driver: GRID
Scarface: The World Is Yours
TOCA Race Driver 3

Test Drive Unlimited

The Getaway Black Monday

• Android and Ivan1997GTA like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

switch to the glorious #PCMasterRace and you won't have to beg developers to remaster your favorite games.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

Legacy of Kain

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

switch to the glorious #PCMasterRace and you won't have to beg developers to remaster your favorite games.

Not everyone is a rich boy like you.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:32 PM

Not everyone is a rich boy like you.

you can build a cheap gaming PC for $400 which has performance that is on par with a PS4's

fu*king peasants don't do nothing right

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

GTA San Andreas

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:18 PM Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, 01 June 2017 - 10:19 PM.

- System Shock -I am not exactly sure if it should be included here, since it's already in development, but I still would like to see it (I hope it will be made and it will meet with the expectations).

As a Kickstarter backer, I can confirm it is happening....

With System Shock 3 also in development, I would love to see a return to the Von Braun and the Rickenbacker of System Shock 2, as well as Citadel Station and any new locations.

Nightdive 'might' look at the possibility later after development of the new System Shock 1, Warren Spector has confirmed, as they do own the rights to it now. It will depend on sales and the reception to System Shock 1, before a final decision is made.
  • Tycek likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Burnout 3: Takedown

Since they already did a HD remaster of Revenge, I'd love to see a Remastered/HD trilogy pack come out for the first 3 titles in this series, but I'd say it's never going to happen due to what happened with the company. Easily up there as one of my all-time favourite racing series.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

The first Tomb Raider.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

The hostage rescue missions and the stealth missions of Rogue Spear, plus the teamwork with the AI:

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by Street Mix, 02 June 2017 - 11:55 PM.

True Crime NYC

Driv3r

Driver Parallel Lines

GTA4 Complete - without GFWLive, SecuROM and other BS

Scarface

Just Cause

Midnight Club 3 Remix, MC LA Complete, MC LA Remix - And port to PC

NFS Porsche Unleashed, High Stakes

NFS Underground 1,2, MW, Carbon, Undercover, ProStreet

LA Rush - With less police

Mafia

The Getaway 1 & Black Monday - with proper controls