Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which games do you want to see remastered?

154 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

Driver series.

Flatout.

Manhunt.

• D- Ice likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

Star Wars Battlefront 1-2 and the Gears trilogy would be good re-makes.
  • Failure and BLOOD-MOND like this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Me too. I would rather play classic games in all of their originality on my newer consoles than for them to be completely worked over.

I don't mind if they are completely worked over. At least that sort of justifies a new purchase. What pis*es me of are simple ports to new platforms - now that is something that has no reason to exist.
I know, TLOU and GTA V have only been out a year and they're getting re-released already. Ridiculous.

You still don't get it. TLOU is aimed for people who didn't buy it yet and for a LOT of Xbox users who moved to Playstation. People who already played it and don't want to get it again don't have to buy it again, you're not a f*cking slave. People who want to buy it first time or again have the right to do so. Use your brain next time before hating. GTA V is getting re-mastered also for the reason, even though lots of people already played it, plus the next gen version is going to be significantly better and more content will be added in the future just like the last gen version.

Wouldn't be an issue if MS or Sony bothered with backwards compatibility. This is all for money for the least amount of actual work.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

Viewtifull Joe 2

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

I'd like to see Super Mario Sunshine get a remasterd version like Wind Waker or any of the old 3d platformers like Banjo-Kazooie or Crash Bandicoot.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

The Godfather. IMO, that game really nailed the open-world aspect, but there were many other wrong design choices with the game.

• TheOtherRyan, B Dawg, Pavle and 1 other like this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Watch Dogs. :cry:

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Coming to think about it one game I'd love to see get a remaster is Scarface: The World Is Yours. I always thought it was a shame it never made an appearance on 360/PS3. It's such a great game. I wish I never got rid of it. If I could play it on my XB1 it would blow my mind.
  • D- Ice, DOOM!, Th3MaN1 and 3 others like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Battletoads

8caf00edfb118a556b7120b0619692a3.png

Black

055b635e9bbed2380b6134d2ccd753e5.png

• Failure likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, Freedom Fighters, Commandos 1 & 2, Wizardry 8, and Clive Barker's Undying.
  • D- Ice and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

SYPHON FILTER.
  • word is bond and GunWrath like this

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

How about we just get backwards compatibility back?

Then just have it capable of using a higher resolution.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

SYPHON FILTER.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that either.. played that a lot growing up. It's was probably in my top 5 of favorite games during it's time.

• Wayne Daniels likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Been playing Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition and even though they did update 1 out of every 1000 animations a real remake would be amazing as well, so it doesn't look as choppy anymore.\

Luckily there;s Pillars of Eternity.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

How about we just get backwards compatibility back?

Then just have it capable of using a higher resolution.

Nintendo did it with some older Gameboy games getting color when played on the GBC. I don't see why not.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

We need both Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 back.

I've been lusting after a Dark Cloud 3 since, like 2004.

They were both absolutely fantastic games. I wish I had a PS2 so I could play them again right now.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'd love to see TimeSplitters remastered. That series spawned some of my fondest gaming memories.

• Ridd likes this

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by J-B, 20 July 2014 - 08:12 PM.

Fallout 1 & 2 remade by Obsidian. The feels that would bring...the feels.

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Manhunt. And all Midnight clubs

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Shadow of the Colossus. :inlove:

• Kalvin likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Me too. I would rather play classic games in all of their originality on my newer consoles than for them to be completely worked over.

I don't mind if they are completely worked over. At least that sort of justifies a new purchase. What pis*es me of are simple ports to new platforms - now that is something that has no reason to exist.
I know, TLOU and GTA V have only been out a year and they're getting re-released already. Ridiculous.

You still don't get it. TLOU is aimed for people who didn't buy it yet and for a LOT of Xbox users who moved to Playstation. People who already played it and don't want to get it again don't have to buy it again, you're not a f*cking slave. People who want to buy it first time or again have the right to do so. Use your brain next time before hating. GTA V is getting re-mastered also for the reason, even though lots of people already played it, plus the next gen version is going to be significantly better and more content will be added in the future just like the last gen version.

Wouldn't be an issue if MS or Sony bothered with backwards compatibility. This is all for money for the least amount of actual work.

Yeah I know. I wish they added Backwards compatibility too, because it would have been epic. There was strong rumours of Sony giving us backwards compatibility for PS1/2 games and a lot of them will be HD remakes. So I guess it's saved for some time in the future. For the Playstation 3, there's already something called PS Now. But it's not exactly the same as BC.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:15 AM Edited by CReaper210, 21 July 2014 - 01:16 AM.

Ummm, well, I think we are getting WAY too much remastered games that are just from last gen. But there are certainly a few I'd like. We're already getting the Halo games, so there is one that I would have listed. But Call of Duty 4 would be one I'd like to get remastered, along with improved anti cheat methods, because all the hacking/modding is the only reason I stopped playing it.

But games that were never in HD in the first place?
Lets see...

Second Sight(very underrated game at the time)
Midnight Club 3, my absolute favorite racing game of all
Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2
All the GTA games of course
And the Legacy of Kain games(great artstyle, would look awesome in HD).

A LOT more than this I could list, but I'm trying to keep it short.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Yeah NFS underground 1 and 2 are crazy. They should definitely be re-mastered. The best of all would be the original Most Wanted.
  • Wayne Daniels likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Either one of the other.

TITLEPIC.jpg

doom2_titlepic.jpg

37186d1255839319-quake-2-psx-beggining-q

Not that stupid ass DooM 3. That thing is a joke. I want a DooM that is even scarier than Quake. That game scared the f*ck out of me as a child.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

Neighbours from Hell.

neighborsfromhellcoverar.png

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Jeone
  • Jeone

I don't like cats

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Saints row 1 and 2 (before they turned into a 7 year olds dream while on drugs and with out nudity)
The warrirors
Fallout 1,2,3,and the other one that I can't remember that's in the desert
Forza 2 and 3 and 4
There are some more but I can't remember them

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Fallout 1,2,3,and the other one that I can't remember that's in the desert

New Vegas.

Although I feel only Fallout 1 and 2 should be remastered. Like I said that would blow Fallout 3 out of the window.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

ff7

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:38 PM Edited by D- Ice, 24 July 2014 - 04:45 PM.

Driver series.

The first Driver was the first game I got, alongside Die Hard Trilogy, both for the PS1. I still feel most nostalgic about Driver 1 of all the Driver games, which IMO started massively screwing up, losing focus and generally being eclipsed by the GTA series with Driv3r and Driver: Parallel Lines.

It would be amazing to bring back the seedy, slick-speeking 1970's gangster world on current-gen consoles. But they should remain focussed on the core themes of the game. Maybe the obvious improved physics and graphics, but also bigger, improved maps and new game mechanics, but keep the game focussed on you acting as a criminal driver for hire.

Man, I can still remember that mission "The Maddox Hit", with the amazing depressing music, pouring rain, and incredibly difficult objectives that got me to put down the game for ages until a friend passed the level for me. What memories... :)

Coming to think about it one game I'd love to see get a remaster is Scarface: The World Is Yours. I always thought it was a shame it never made an appearance on 360/PS3. It's such a great game. I wish I never got rid of it. If I could play it on my XB1 it would blow my mind.

That was a fantastic under-rated game. I believe it first introduced the "escape radius" idea that GTA games since IV rely on.

They also had a great system of long-term dynamic heat/relationships with gangs and law enforcement based on your actions. When your heat with the criminal elements in the game gets too high, they will retaliate by sending guys after you, attacking your businesses, or rigging a vehicle you call with a bomb. With Law enforcement heat, they'll start sending tougher units after you when you get a wanted level, and eventually you'll lose money via indictments. That gave the game the level of interactivity and realism that I only wish GTA has.

Perhaps what I wish more than it being remastered is that GTA copies their heat idea - in fact, GTA had something similar way back with games prior to GTA 3, where you had a dynamic relationship with gangs.

Or Perhaps make a game which is based on, and is canon to, the film. I kinda felt that the whole premise on an alternate ending ruined the whole message of the film - if you run a criminal enterprise trafficking huge amounts of cocaine, and that is directly or indirectly reponsible for the death of many innocents, including children, you cannot afford to suddenly grow a conscience.

I also really loved the ability to control various employees of Tony's, despite him being the main character.

All in all, an amazingly innovative game way ahead of its time. I'd love to see it remastered too.

Freedom Fighters...

Man, I have such great memories of that game. The immensely immersive atmosphere was only amplified by the fact that I first played it in Iraq - just prior and during the US invasion of 2003. Though at the same time, I wasn't able to shake off the ridiculousness of having the US being invaded while in reality they were invading us. IMO that would be a deal-breaker if included in a remake - despite the interesting alternate history that it was based upon. But the concept should definately be remastered. The whole concept of guerilla warfare remains mostly untapped in videogames, and there is so much potential despite the likes of the Red Faction and the Homefront series.

• TheOtherRyan and B Dawg like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by B Dawg, 26 July 2014 - 11:34 AM.

The Godfather. IMO, that game really nailed the open-world aspect, but there were many other wrong design choices with the game.

The Godfather, with the leadership elements/taking over business system of the 2nd game and facial customization would have been perfect (those were the only good things about it, I found playing as a young kid taking over whole New York in the 1st a bit immersion breaking)

Max Payne 1 and 2 remastered would be cool, especially if it was done with 3's engine. And allow the choice between the "classic" comic book panels or fully rendered cutscenes during loading times.

There is a mod for Max Payne 2 which improves it a lot.

http://www.moddb.com...payne-evolution

• Th3MaN1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users