Photo

How many DVDs does GTA IV for PC have?

4 replies to this topic
Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted A week ago

How many DVDs does GTA IV for PC come in? The reason I'm asking is, after finishing installing from Disc 2, setup prompt me to insert Disc 3 to continue the installation. I don't seem to remember there ever being Disc 3, does it even have a 3rd disc?

Also the vanilla version is about 13GB and I have 2 disc, each holds around 8GB and 2 makes it a total of 16GB which is way more than the total size of the game.

The weird part is I was able to install and play it on Win 8.1 with the DVDs.  Then my system has some glitch so I perform a clean install of Win 8.1, and now installing GTA IV is asking for Disc 3.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted A week ago Edited by Andreas, A week ago.

There are either two or four discs, depending on if you bought IV only or the Complete Edition (GTA IV + EfLC). However, only two discs are actually required when installing either of them. GTA IV and EfLC take up 15GB and 15.8GB of space, respectively, on my HDD.

I never heard about an error like that before, to be honest. Have you tried to insert the first DVD when it asks for the third one?
  • Stinky12 likes this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Is it a legit DVD of GTA IV you have or not?
  • Stinky12 likes this

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted A week ago

Yes, I have a legit version of GTA IV on DVD. I also have a Steam version that has EFLC. Basically I got 2 legit versions of GTA IV, DVD and Steam.

I tried to install the game again yesterday and this time, it did not ask for Disc 3. After installing Disc 2 the progress bar went to 99% and prompt for Disc 1, instead of Disc 3.  When I had the problem, the progress bar was around 55% when it asked for Disc 3.

I tried to recreate the problem just to see what could have cause it, but can't seem to redo it.

What I had done when I got that error was, I was trying to install the GTA IV Steam version with my retail disc by using this method:

https://support.stea...=5357-FSQM-0382

After trying for a few times and it didn't work, I went to install the game directly with my DVDs, and that's when the "insert Disc 3" error appeared.

Maybe it's EFLC on Steam that caused my retail version to ask for Disc 3?  Can't tell if that was the cause of it, don't really care cause GTA IV is now installed.  :beerhat: 

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Glad its working again. :) :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users