Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did anyone else sell GTA V and is waiting for the new version?

23 replies to this topic
Zackyoung1
  • Zackyoung1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

So when GTA V was announced for the new systems, GameStop had some special deal that if you traded GTA V in for the newer version you'd get 40% off. So I traded it in and I guess I have to wait, and to be honest I don't mind. GTA V has been getting a lot of DLC's and patches and it seems great, so when I get the game in I think October I'm going to have such new content I'll fall in love all over again. I was wondering who else sold the game and is waiting for a new GTA V with more new content?

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

nah, i haven't sold my copy.

i'm just not playing it anymore.

taking a break from it so that when i get it on ps4 it will feel a bit fresher.

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

That creepy guy who always looks at you funny on the subway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

I actually tried selling it the other day, but then I realized that I left the disc in my PS3. Maybe my subconsciousness was telling me to keep it, but I'm trying to take a break until the PC version comes out (aside from briefly checking out each online update).

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

no.  im just gonna keep my version then buy an XB1 for MGS5.

• MichaelPayneV likes this

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 17 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

My Playstation 3 has been disconnected and stowed away in its original retail box, so I am on an active gaming hiatus. I know that the Walmart in my neighboring town offers the incentive of a trade-in program, but I have historically preserved all of my Grand Theft Auto titles. :) I will eventually be transitioning to Playstation 4 and hopefully a 1080p TV. With this, it is going to be as if the North Yankton bank siege on my LCD, 32-inch Emerson never even occurred. It is going to be fresh and authentic, which is exactly what I am aiming for. :D    

Jlogano22
  • Jlogano22

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Uhh no, I'm not going to be gta less until November....I'll keep playing this and then get it when it comes

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yeah i gave in my ps3 a few months ago and bought a PS4. just waiting for the game now 

• MrSemiFunny likes this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, kinda...I bought the digital version of V off PSN and played the heck out of it. I sold my PS3 a few months later and kinda regretted it because I was no longer able to play the game! When it was announced for PS4 I was pretty damn happy to say the least.. I can't wait to get back in the game come the Fall on my new PS4

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm gonna sell my copy soon and get TLOU and probably RDR too.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

My Playstation 3 has been disconnected and stowed away in its original retail box, so I am on an active gaming hiatus. I know that the Walmart in my neighboring town offers the incentive of a trade-in program, but I have historically preserved all of my Grand Theft Auto titles. :) I will eventually be transitioning to Playstation 4 and hopefully a 1080p TV. With this, it is going to be as if the North Yankton bank siege on my LCD, 32-inch Emerson never even occurred. It is going to be fresh and authentic, which is exactly what I am aiming for. :D    

dude your font is just so ugly man. just sayin.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Soon.

• MrSemiFunny likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

LOL, is anyone NOT gonna sell it or get the next gen version?  Like me...

I don't see a reason to spend 400 dollars on a PS4 (as this would be my console of choice and I don't do games on PC) and then another some of cash on a new GTA V game, when one, I didn't like GTA V that much all together, and a couple more animals, trees, peds, and traffic, plus better graphics is NOT gonna change my mind in the slightest.  So the way GTA V on my PS3 is now, is the way GTA V is always gonna be.  I'd rather play the 3D Era anyways as these will always be better than any HD game for me.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 17 July 2014 - 09:31 PM.

People seem to feel like we're getting a pretty looking port for next-gen, but I feel like this current version is the port, and they kept working on the next-gen (real) version that can actually do everything they want it to. 

I'll feel robbed if I'm incorrect. :/

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Don't get your hopes up...

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Definently not, I am keeping my originality. 

Lowi
  • Lowi

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

i selled my xbox 360 copy because im buying a pc version :)

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

Even if I do (which will be on the XB1) I wont sell my PS3 version.

• theNGclan likes this

SnowWolve
  • SnowWolve

Riely

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

yeah i sold my 360 and all my games.I sold it all in march played pc for a bit then bought a PS4.

Then i saw the trailer for next-gen and its gonna be sweet.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

I never sell R☆ games. They're all still fun.

• MrSemiFunny likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

I sold it not too long after beating it and spent it on something else. Not sure I recall which game it was but chances are it was a better one. Not planning on picking up a "remastered" port either since I'm no longer supporting rockstar nor the corperate greed in general.

InTheShadowsSince04
  • InTheShadowsSince04

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

Sold my ps3 and gtaiv and gtav...which were my only games back in January and got a ps4.  i always knew it was coming to current gen...it was only a matter of time...im not gonna lie...i do regret it...especially when i went on a 5 month single game spell...i only had nba2k15 til MLB the Show came out in May...all the updates ive missed...cars and races..lmao...man i cant wait to get back to Los Sanots...i cant wait to see Paleto Bay...

Fingers crossed for November...(my opinion and choice to believe)...

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

If heists do end up releasing near the end of the Summer or whatever, then I'll wait before that.. even though I don't give a sh*t about heists I'd rather do everything the game was supposed to have since day 1 before finally giving up on it.

But if R* announces that they'll release it along with the newer versions, this game is going bye-bye.

MrSemiFunny
  • MrSemiFunny

Can run Zork at 60FPS!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

At least this tread isn't with newbie players complaining about Grand Theft Auto Online's heist. It really bugs me when I look at Rockstar's tweets and ever tweet back is butthutts commenting "HISTE HISET HSSITE!!!" I feel sorry for the guy who's job is to tweet stuff because every notification he gets is mostly from preteens that doesn't know how to spell. It's a great game, but please don't complain about free things...it just doesn't help.
  • Zackyoung1 likes this

Zackyoung1
  • Zackyoung1

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

complaining as individual teens does nothing, we all agree on that but if we as a GTA community were to explain in a mature tone to R* I think they would listen more, free content is nice as hell, but I wouldn't mind paying for stuff since that how they get money to do bigger stuff for the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users