Photo

I got a gaming depression!

12 replies to this topic
Rusa
  • Rusa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

This situation ocured when i played COD zombies for like 5h straight and getting to round 61. After 3k zombie kills i thinked to myself "wait a minute am i killing zombies or am i becoming a zombie''. The same situation came after grinding RR in GTA V online. I still play these games but no more with that ''wow'' effect , now its just ''just kill me faster and let me spawn'' .

I don't know maybe im at that point where your getting to old for gaming i eave aren't interested in getting PS4. It's like the same weel spinning around all the time. Another generation , same games. This motherf*cking system eated me now spitted me and the 12 year olds are in the line, just like i was 10 years ago .

I still enjoy some games but those AAA++++ MUST BUY ++ASK YOUR ADDED FRENDS++60FPS++GRAPHICS GraphicS EVERYWHERE++ titles i will pass.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

How do you expect to have fun when you're grinding. That's never fun. Your problem isn't 'gaming depression', it's a good taste for what's good and what's bad. Maybe if you'd do something else than just grind in GTAO and COD you may enjoy yourself.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I had that when i used to play CoD vigorously! CoD is one of those games that has a tendency to make you think you're having fun while in reality it's basically a chore to play after a certain point!

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Start playing with friends, that will hopefully make it more fun.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Code Blue

Paging Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil to GTA Forums. Stat.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

It's not that all gaming is depressing, it's just that monotony and repetative tasks often can be. I think you already know that too.

Play interesting and dynamic games which don't involve doing the same thing over and over by yourself, or so lacking in specialized group roles that it might as well be by yourself.

My own gaming depression stems from the fact that there's very few games out there that aspire to such things today.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, grinding isn't going to help you here. Ever since they've nerfed Violent Duct in GTAO, I still feel it everyday because I farmed it so much.

Swap up your gaming, stop grinding and just free roam legitimately, play an indie game, if you have an Xbox One, play Guacamelee or something.

Oh, stop grinding.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Im more in a gaming limbo. The titles I want to play dont come out until the fall.

malone35e
  • malone35e

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:54 AM

So you're playing alone? Try playing with friends. Life will be more fun with people around you. 

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:47 AM

I had that feeling when I got myself into a serious relationship last year, got out of it obviously after we broke up last summer and started playing games that I actually did enjoy back in the days..

Made challenges that I never thought of doing as well, like replaying the entire GTA franchise all the way to 100% before V released and plenty of more stuff.

If that doesn't help then start playing co-op games, either on Steam or on your PS3/4.. there are plenty of them out there.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

honestly i dont know how people can grind games or force themselves to get 100%

if it ain't fun to play then i sure as sh*t ain't gonna keep playing it.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

These topics pop up all the time. Take a break. Take a long break. I go through them too. Some times they last 6 months. Right now I'm on a gaming high. Go away from gaming find a new hobby and when you start feeling nostalgic for those long evenings, playing a game you'll go back to it. 

Also, try some games out of your comfort zone. Actually try both. I love experimenting with new genres or trying games/series I thought I wouldn't like. Best time to try them is when you are starved of gaming because you are on a natural high because you are gaming again and you'll have full attention. 

If I play a game to bits, I try not to force it on me and ruin it. I put it down... come back to it when you start to miss it. But if it's always there and you play it all the time, it loses it preciousness. 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

nobody can get between me and mah games, even being in and out of relationships since i was 14 games have remained consistent 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users