Photo

Longer recording time?

4 replies to this topic
GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:57 PM Edited by GameHacker666, 17 July 2014 - 01:58 PM.

I want to make some machinima-style movies, so I want to use in-game video editor (no Fraps or anything). But as you might know, pressing the F2 key just records the last 20-40 seconds. How can I extend this limit? I heard it has something to do with computer specs, but my PC can run the game fine and it's quite powerful yet I still can't record for more than 40 seconds (1 minute would be good).

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel i7-4770 @3,4 GHz

RAM: 8GB

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX760 2GB

Hard drive: 120GB SSD + 2TB

Any tricks to increase this stupid time limit?

Thanks in advance!

• franklinrocksdude likes this

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

I guess it can just run until 45-50 seconds, sadly.

It may be an advantage if you take a closer look, you have a short video which you can edit and everything, better than a long video hard to edit.

GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:21 PM Edited by GameHacker666, 17 July 2014 - 08:13 PM.

So the only thing that I can do is pressing the F2 button multiple times and therefoe "break" the full video into small pieces and then put them together? And what if I record the same thing twice? I would need to cut the part that's already been seen to make the whole thing smoother. And I would also have to position the camera in the same exact spot when filming the same scene if I would have it on multiple videos. It's difficult to explain really.

How did other people record their movies for an example The fall of Libery City heroes which is almost 1 hour long? Did they really cut it into multiple small videos? That seems crazy considering my PC can only record max. 40 seconds at once.  :sui:

Are there really not any solutions to this? Modifying game data or command script or something?  :colgate:

franklinrocksdude
  • franklinrocksdude

A Turismo is parked on the driveway by Faustin's mansion!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

this sh*t is bugging me out aswell. can't record a proper movie without having to press f2 each 15 seconds.

WandererNiko
  • WandererNiko

Wanderer

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

So the only thing that I can do is pressing the F2 button multiple times and therefoe "break" the full video into small pieces and then put them together? And what if I record the same thing twice? I would need to cut the part that's already been seen to make the whole thing smoother. And I would also have to position the camera in the same exact spot when filming the same scene if I would have it on multiple videos. It's difficult to explain really.

How did other people record their movies for an example The fall of Libery City heroes which is almost 1 hour long? Did they really cut it into multiple small videos? That seems crazy considering my PC can only record max. 40 seconds at once.  :sui:

Are there really not any solutions to this? Modifying game data or command script or something?  :colgate:

If there is one, I don't have knowledge about it. But the In-game editor is quite simple to use, it's easy to cut videos and make movements between the positions of the markers.

If you see a movie on T.V. you'll see that the camera is not in the same position everytime, there are many effects and stuff applied there, and they take short videos too (Not 40 seconds, but short talking about a movie, or else the movie would be boring).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users