Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone else noticed traffic purposely trying to hit you?

84 replies to this topic
Judge Judy
  • Judge Judy

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

I've always had the feeling traffic is programmed to intentionally get in your way. Like I'll be driving along a street and a car will suddenly serve in front of me. Or I'll be walking across the road and once I'm within eyesight they floor it.

And I'm not talking about simply being on the road or crossing an intersection at the wrong moment, I'm talking about cars that purposely try to crash into you. Worse of all they keep blocking you after crashing.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• GroundZero, Doland J. Trump, ten-a-penny and 10 others like this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

You ever hear the tale of the black sentinel guy? 

• Zito, Luk38644, theGTAking101 and 7 others like this

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Wayward Son

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

this has always been this way. even in gtaiv. of course in gta iv i got out the car afterwards and put a bullet in their brain.

not so much in gtav with crazy cops.

this sh*t is annoying as f*ck too

• Lesbian_farts likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crushing your hopes & dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

They dont like to use turn signals or mirrors. even though online traffic is deserted in Online compared to SP, theyre so much more of a pain

just drive on the sidewalk :D

• StormerBoy and Cant-B-Faded like this

EGarrett
  • EGarrett

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

It always felt to me, especially in the previous GTA's that when you were at top speed going through an intersection, a car would be purposefully sent in at just the right speed to collide with you. It happened too often for it to be random.

Not that it bugs me or anything. The game is supposed to be destruction.

• GroundZero, ten-a-penny, NecroNeedle and 7 others like this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

It's the worst part of the game, in my opinion. Makes me angry.

• Tupiz, RAS_ZeroZ, hei3enberg and 5 others like this

BJMartin
  • BJMartin

Meth, not even once.

• Members
  • Swaziland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by BJMartin, 17 July 2014 - 02:41 AM.

It's obvious they're programmed that way. You can tell when driving on the highwayand they'll switch lanes in the middle of nowhere just to f*ck your life.

• GroundZero, StormerBoy, serpentoflight and 6 others like this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

this has always been this way. even in gtaiv. of course in gta iv i got out the car afterwards and put a bullet in their brain.

not so much in gtav with crazy cops.

this sh*t is annoying as f*ck too

Oh, I still do it. One star is easy.

• NecroNeedle and Grimase like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

Yes. The traffic are against you, even during non-police chase. They'd really go chaotic, turning around any time the want to block our way.

Then if they block us, their car is totally immovable, even if the driver goes out. If we block them, their cars are bulldozer.

What the f*ck? It's really unfair if our target is in the car.

• Lesbian_farts and Gay Tony like this

Raging.Clue
  • Raging.Clue

I've got a raging clue!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

I have. He is a legend among legends on the Streets of Los Santos. He goes back before the times of the gangs of Los Santos, back to living during the times of our ancient ancestors when he would mow down unsuspecting pedestrians of his own whilst riding atop his Wooly Mammoth. Since then, he has killed a many a human, animal, does not matter what.

• Jolly Swagman, A Maned Wolf and vozi45 like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:47 AM Edited by Judicious 7, 17 July 2014 - 02:51 AM.

Old news. But OP, here's a video for your thoughts. As long as this topic keeps getting talked about, i'll keep posting this.

He talks about AI in general in addition to false stats.

• Jehannum, Zito, RAS_ZeroZ and 5 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

The AI in this game is just abysmal.

• Judicious 7, ~TKP~ and Misunderstood like this

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

I keep encountering cars that rear-end each other far in front of me, and one car will be sideways across the road and turning into the right lane as I come up on them, causing me to crash.

RDH1983
  • RDH1983

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by RDH1983, 17 July 2014 - 02:52 AM.

On foot and Got run down by a White Galvinator last night. It was on purpose, he sped up and swerved to hit me. The rebellion has begun. Save yourselves... 

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Yeah it's so f*cking annoying. I understand the game making people making a legal turn that causes you to hit them but when someone goes on to the wrong side of the road to hit you it's just plain bullsh*t

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Heh, abysmal... Biohazard Abyss. Get it? Because they both sound.. the same.. 

._.

• Demetri_FTO_1. and marco-polo like this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM Edited by MichiganMuscle77, 17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM.

Old news. But OP, here's a video for your thoughts. As long as this topic keeps getting talked about, i'll keep posting this.

He talks about AI in general in addition to false stats.

He does bring up a good theory about why the AI is sometimes erratic, but he also uses examples which i don't think are quite right - for example, he talks about AI not yielding for the player ever and shows a Granger about to make a left turn in front of him and only stops for opposing AI traffic... well, dude, you're driving at 80+ mph in between both lanes, i doubt the Granger drive would have noticed you speeding up the center like that even if the AI were perfect.

But yes, he does make other good points.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

I've always had the feeling traffic is programmed to intentionally get in your way. Like I'll be driving along a street and a car will suddenly serve in front of me. Or I'll be walking across the road and once I'm within eyesight they floor it.

And I'm not talking about simply being on the road or crossing an intersection at the wrong moment, I'm talking about cars that purposely try to crash into you. Worse of all they keep blocking you after crashing.

i've had them run me down and not stop.

IParadise CityI
  • IParadise CityI

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

I've noticed traffic doing that, though it's mostly in missions. I had a Primo hit me and send my adder flying backwards a good ways.

And speaking if sentinel guy, what happened to him?

Titus001
  • Titus001

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

You think it's annoying now, wait until ps4 and xbox1 versions are released with increased traffic. The traffic is already annoying now, with increase in traffic with the ps4 and xbox1, it's gonna suck even more unless Rockstar changes NPC behavior. They do purposely cut you off though.
  • Judicious 7 and ~TKP~ like this

CarnageRacing00
  • CarnageRacing00

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

You think it's annoying now, wait until ps4 and xbox1 versions are released with increased traffic. The traffic is already annoying now, with increase in traffic with the ps4 and xbox1, it's gonna suck even more unless Rockstar changes NPC behavior. They do purposely cut you off though.

It's a problem with the programming, it's not intentional. Either it's based on the "fake physics/real physics" transition like the guy in the video suggests (which is entirely plausible), or it's a lag thing where the car on your screen is doing something different than that same car on your buddy's screen, whatever the case, it's not designed to be that way and the reason it's happening is due to the limits of the PS3 and Xbox 360. I'm sure the problem will be less severe on next gen consoles.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

More like...ABYSS - MAL!

But yeah, Judge Judy, just sue them.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

guy is annoying and if you hit his car or try to take the car he's shoot you and he always drives fast to run u over

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

Yea. PS4 and Xbone version will be like every car totally block your way. I'm looking forward to players complain regarding to this.

Watching the video up there makes me want to smack Rockstar. Like the guy said, if this was intentional, means designated to be that way, then game designer needs to receive the smack.

• Jehannum likes this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

I've noticed traffic doing that, though it's mostly in missions. I had a Primo hit me and send my adder flying backwards a good ways.

And speaking if sentinel guy, what happened to him?

Oh, he's around - he'll pop up as you respawn after completing a job - just look for the Sentinel that goes by as you spawn in. That's him. Sometimes seen driving another car - saw him in an F620 a couple of times.

OT - yep, totally. The number of times I've had an oncoming car jump the center line and go head on with me (always at the last second so that no human could react in time to avoid it) - always for no reason, without warning and when I'm absolutely hammering it - and, of course, the impact always hurts me, hurts my armor, severely damages my car, spins me exactly 180 deg, stops me and the car I hit becomes an immovable granite monolith. Never, ever happens when I'm cruising along at 35mph - but I hit 100, it's almost a certainty. I just swerve waaay away from all traffic now - I'd rather go a little bit out of my way than have every single highway cruise end with a fatality. 

On that note, totally agree about the intersection thing. Happens way too often and accurately to not be programmed into the code. I can see the intersection - no cars there - power thru - as soon as the sideroad is off-screen, game spawns a car there who plows into the side of me - happens most often when delivering cars for Simeon - it's like the AI is going out of it's way to damage you. 

Two events to support the theory that R* has done this sort of thing on purpose: First one, next time you spawn in, immediately run across the road without looking both ways. Get hit by an oncoming car? Damn right you did. Cars spawn anywhere you aren't actively looking. Go to a long deserted road - no cars coming? Turn around. Now look back. Oncoming car magically appears, right?

Second, Out of Court Settlement. Anyone else notice that all the NPC traffic in that mission is scripted? That same car turns in front of you on the approach road at the same place every time - those two cars at the intersection where you shoot the lawyer - one always stops and the driver runs and the other always floors it (hitting you if you're in the way). If they can script those actions for the mission, they can do it in FR as well. 

I think it's one of two things - a glitch in the AI making them zig instead of zag, or a deliberate move by R8 to, I don't know, slow us down or something. I know that I can have rendering issues if I'm going too fast - perhaps they can't have us travelling at 130mph for more than a minute at a time in FR cuz it creates too much server lag or something. We already know that they don't let the cars get anywhere near their top speeds in Online (otherwise our SP top speed would be on par with our online top speed - but it's not even close).

• Judicious 7 likes this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Yes, everytime i'm crossing a street there's always that bastard in his SUV who turns at the same time i'm passing by.

NubcakeVII
  • NubcakeVII

Strawberry Fondler

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Yes.

Whenever I'm driving, a car is always like, "Oh sh*t! Was that my turn?" And veers left across lanes just to hit me and send me spinning out.

Then, the guy in the supercar catches up and blows me up for no reason.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

I'll rid the world of infestation - Sans Lingua Franca.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Must delay hists!!!11one!

OT: yes I've had this experience many times lol. Worst case being in a race.

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Must delay hists!!!11one!

OT: yes I've had this experience many times lol. Worst case being in a race.

Yes! How many times I lose race just because a motherf*cker NPC sped up and blocked my way when turning.

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

Founder of LRMC Motorcycle Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

GTA is a satire game, and they're basically making fun of American drivers. The thing you said about them swerving in front of you when driving. Have you never had some asshole do that to you on the highway? Happens all the time to me, and it pisses me off so much. Morons. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users