Spin Tires

13 replies to this topic
muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:03 AM

Anyone play this game yet? You'd have to be a 4 wheeler to appreciate this game but it's pretty damn fun to play. I'm a long time jeeper so this game naturally attracted me and I've been playing it more than GTA these days. It's basically a game taking place in Russia (i think) where you have to command these large off road vehicles to haul lumber from one location to another and also unlock garages and other vehicles to assist in this task. It has coop and single player. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4gK9BCKGxw

• fireguy109 likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

I'm actually thinking of buying it soon. Now that I know the developers are making more camera views (including first person cockpit view), I'm defintely gonna pick this up.

Probably gonna get this and Dark Souls II whenever I get the chance.

And yeah I think it's in Russia. The vehicles they've got in the game look like Soviet military trucks

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

Holy sh*t those vehicle physics...

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

I've seen SpeirsTheAmazing play this before on YouTube. Looks like such a fun game. The graphics and physics are just insane.

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yeah the graphics and physics are probably the best I've seen in any off road game so far. Everything is so realistic, especially how the trucks leave behind huge ruts. 

It's worth it's price but could use more maps and missions. 

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

The more I see it the more I'm inclined to get it. It looks like alot of fun.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by GunWrath, 17 July 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Wish I had a PC that could run it, definitely looks fun. I hope they make more simulator like games for consoles too.

Reminds me of American Trucking series.. and I was a huge fan of those over the years. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

Just watched someone stream this game on Twitch.

I'm definitely gonna get it now 

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

<==muddeprived is my steam ID if anyone wants to team up and haul some logs. 

Oh and FYI, you have more control if you use a xbox controller with the pc. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Didn't even know that it was supported 

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Didn't even know that it was supported 

Yeah I didn't at first but then got frustrated with the lack of speed control of a keyboard. I tried my old xbox controller and it worked great and I could adjust the speed which helps ALOT. It's also easier to shift the gears (if you do manual). 

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Been playing this quite a bit. Tried the demo a good while back, and loved every second of it. They still have a ways to go in regards to alternate objectives and what not, but I can spend hours just admiring the physics really. Who thought it could be so fun to get stuck everywhere? :p

Going to share a little odyssey I ventured on, attempting to haul a load of long logs on the Hill map. I started off picking a retarded route, and this is what ensued:

az_spin01.jpg

Dragging myself out of a lake, I had to cut a corner to get enough grip, and I gave it the beans, killing all the wildlife in the area with my fumes. (Look how happy my truck looks! :p)

az_spin02.jpg

And then, of course, this happened. Bloody logs fell off the bloody rig. :angry:

Thankfully, they were magic logs, bound together by a collective will to reach our objective!

az_spin03.jpg

I shan't be deterred, so I decided to attempt to drag the f*ckers to the objective in stead, the logs still hanging onto the truck bed. Doesn't show much in the picture above, but there's not really any roads leading on from where I dragged them to...

az_spin04.jpg

Night fell, and I was running low on fuel due to the immense drag from the logs. Had to winch myself out of trouble quite a few times, and I had to really plan my route, as to not get stuck, or ending in a situation where I had to reverse, which wasn't really an option.

az_spin05.jpg

Aaaand I'm out. Not very far from the objective at all. Went back to camp to procure a fuel truck.

az_spin06.jpg

To the rescue! Was a good 15-minute drive from the garage, but I finally found my stranded truck...

az_spin07.jpg

...only to realize that I hadn't filled up the cistern on the truck. Apparently that's a thing. Big derp. So off to the nearest fuel depot I went.

az_spin08.jpg

Only siphoned the 500 liters I needed, so it wouldn't weigh me down unnecessarily. :)

az_spin09.jpg

Hello sunshine. :inlove:

az_spin10.jpg

GLORIOUS SUCCESS!

Must have taken me three hours in total? Was f*cking awesome. Dragged those motherf*ckers. :colgate:

• RyanBurnsRed and fireguy109 like this

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by muddeprived, 20 July 2014 - 12:54 AM.

That's awesome. I love the first picture lol! hey Azazal, let's hook up and play sometime. 

I was playing this morning and did something I haven't done before. I was trying to climb out of the river but the slope was all muddy and I couldn't make it so I backed up (carrying medium logs) and my rig started to tip as the logs got stuck at an angle. I had the front driver's side tire 6 feet in the air so I floored it forwards up the slope again and the logs swayed forward, giving the truck just enough push to make it up the hill. I had no winch points around so the logs saved my arse. Unstuck by log momentum. Another win for physics. :)

(i rolled shortly after) 

LOL

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

just picked it up a week ago and have been enjoying it very much. i've just been completing the objectives and exploring. going to give MP a try after i finish Volcano. figured i was not the only one here who enjoys it.  :beerhat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users