8 replies to this topic
shos
  • shos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and have searched it for other people who asked this but didn't find anything, so I'll post a new thread about it.

I have recently got my computer back from fixing, and installed GTA IV. Now, the computer is Windows 7, and the well known lag problem in GTA IV in win 7 exists. I've done what youtube says to do and it doesn't help...

So any help at all will be appreciated!!

My computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 

4 CPUs, ~3.1 GHz, Intel core i5-4440

8GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

thank you very much,

Shos

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by KBG, 17 July 2014 - 02:23 PM.

Man, don't blame Windows 7. I don't have any problems with lag running GTA IV on it. The real problem is your GPU. GT 610 is not for gaming. Its only for watching HD Videos and other stuff but not decent gaming. Go buy atleast a low end GPU like GT 620 or HD5570. GTA IV is a GPU intensive game. So you do need a decent GPU. Or else, you have your results.

EDIT// Corrected typos.

shos
  • shos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Israel

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Man, don't blame Windows 7. I don't have any problems with lag running GTA IV on it. The real problem is your GPU. GTA 610 is not for gaming. Its only for watching HD Videos and other stuff but not decent gaming. Go buy atleast a low end GPU like GT 620 or HD5570. GTA IV is a GPU intensive game. So you do need a decent GPU. Or else, you have your results.

Are you sure? When I bought this it was considered a really high-end GPU and it should be able to run games very smoothly. GTA IV is the only game I'm having troubles with.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Which other games do you exactly run in High settings?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and have searched it for other people who asked this but didn't find anything, so I'll post a new thread about it.

I have recently got my computer back from fixing, and installed GTA IV. Now, the computer is Windows 7, and the well known lag problem in GTA IV in win 7 exists. I've done what youtube says to do and it doesn't help...

So any help at all will be appreciated!!

My computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 

4 CPUs, ~3.1 GHz, Intel core i5-4440

8GB of RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

thank you very much,

Shos

Do you mean the bug that makes the game lag when you use the keyboard? 

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

He has GT 610. That is his problem. Go do some research on GT 610 with GTA IV. Everyone will only reply to get a new GPU. Sorry, but that is the solution.

shos
  • shos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Israel

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

That sucks :/

Well, what settings do you think I should use so that the game runs OK.? perhaps some graphics card accelerator can help or somehting?

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

Try to play on the Lowest Settings avilable. And turn off Shadows too. GTA IV is considered both CPU and GPU hungry game. Even users with Ultra rigs have problem running it.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yep. GPU is the problem. With that Quad Core processor & GPU combination you are just bottlenecking

• KBG likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users