Quantcast

» «
Photo

Jumbo planes freeze right before crashing into the ground..

10 replies to this topic
JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by JRock462, 4 weeks ago.

Anyone else know why this happens? I'll dive out of a big airliner follow it down to see it crash into the ground and right before it hits it seems to stop/slow down in the air. It's almost like it's waiting for me to catch up to it before finally crashing into the ground. 

This is in Single player by the way

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kalerney, 4 weeks ago.

Yes it happen to me usually, with all kind of planes.

SP too.

• JRock462 likes this

AzelfandQuilava
  • AzelfandQuilava

BLU Team Medic

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's a weird glitch with the loading distance, the game can still render the model, but can't move it or anything...

• JRock462 likes this

JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Kind of kills the buzz of doing that... here I am gliding around in the sky waiting for the big impact lol and I get nothing..

A few times I've had those things stand straight up on their nose..throw remote bombs at it and they wont even explode

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

it happened to a car once for me. drove strait threw a fence, off a hill and flew a few meters before stopping in the air. the game just sorta forgets about it till you get close.
  • JRock462 likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

TOP GUN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just another quality "feature" from GTA V.

• Sting4S likes this

Flesk99
  • Flesk99

Pretty Good Taco Cooker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This also happens with the AI jets from Fort Zancudo that chase you. After losing your wanted level the jet will freeze, sometimes upside down. When you get close to it, the jet crashes and explodes.
  • JRock462 likes this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

4rxcas.jpg
  • JRock462 likes this

hellfury66
  • hellfury66

guns fun booze and bullets at ammunation buy a gun or get lost

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

yeah that happens alot to me aswell with all kinds of air planes and also helicopters. and you know what sucks even more you get a 1 star wanted level for every time you bail out of the plane. when it does blow up on the ground to bad rock star cant fix this glitch or any other glitch. becuse they dont care about

single player any more and only care for gta online.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've noticed that they have split the collision detection across several frames of the game. This stuff probably happens when the calculations go out of sync briefly.

The most obvious example is running down those weak wooden fences and small poles in cars or bikes, where the moment you hit them the car/bike will stop for a frame or two and then break the object and move along at the speed it had before the impact.

This leads me to believe that all of this weird stuff was done on purpose (a side effect of splitting the calculations) to make the game run a little faster at the cost of precision and accuracy. I'm fairly sure that all these things should become a lot more rare if not gone completely in the remastered version of the game where they shouldnt have to do all this to get it playable.

• JRock462 likes this

JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've noticed that they have split the collision detection across several frames of the game. This stuff probably happens when the calculations go out of sync briefly.

The most obvious example is running down those weak wooden fences and small poles in cars or bikes, where the moment you hit them the car/bike will stop for a frame or two and then break the object and move along at the speed it had before the impact.

This leads me to believe that all of this weird stuff was done on purpose (a side effect of splitting the calculations) to make the game run a little faster at the cost of precision and accuracy. I'm fairly sure that all these things should become a lot more rare if not gone completely in the remastered version of the game where they shouldnt have to do all this to get it playable.

That would be really cool if they could fix it. I would also like to not get a star every time i jumped out of one lol. I know it's easy to avoid the cops when that happens and technically what police force wouldn't investigate a plane falling from the sky lol?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users