cops in VC are the most annoying in whole era

41 replies to this topic
MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I mean they are just pure pain in the ass, there is no other GTA game with so many of cops on foot and they are just unbelievably annoying. There is 2 or even 3 of them every f*cking 50 m. If you have like 1 star and you try to enter a vehicle anywhere in VC you got 99% of chance that some cop will show up out of nowhere and  pull you out and bust you.

Altough i prefer 3D era games to HD but when it comes to cops HD era is a real breeze. They are hard especially in V but at least they are somehow realistic while cops in 3D era are just pure bs. They are lazy, stupid, corrupt, evil and retarded. 

In SA the cops are at least funny with their quotations while in VC (or VCS, GTA 3 and LCS for that matter) are just annoying as hell. If nothing else, the cop will jump out of nowhere infront of your vehicle and you will gain 2 stars. That happens to me at least 50x times during the gameplay. Man that sh*t is crazy in VC.

VC is one of my best games ever but those cops always f*ck everything for me. There are just too many of them, in VC there are more cops than in GTA 3, VCS and LCS together. It`s just insane.

Anyone else thinks the same?

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Aside from the search for a Pay 'N' Spray shop or a bribe badge just to lose the cops, I don't find them THAT annoying.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

There's no way VC cop are worst than VCS cop.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

I was always so angry when cop killed me, his face is so annoying and dumb, lol.

200px-VCPDcop-GTAVC.jpg

• Jeansowaty and MrVance like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

There's no way VC cop are worst than VCS cop.

Well depends on how you look at it. In VCS they may be a bit more agressive but there are way less of them on foot than in VC so they are less annoying :lol: 

I mean just take a trip through VC again and you will see those dumb bastards on every 10 m, that is just crazy. I hit a ped and second later i hear that annoying and retarded voice "don`t make me run" LOL they are so lazy they would rather shoot you than run you down. There is not a single mission in this game that those morons would`t chase me and trying to climb on my car. It realy makes me madd as hell.

Thank god that cops in real world aren`t such idiots. 

R* really made them perfect to hate on.

• MrTommyV likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Aside from the search for a Pay 'N' Spray shop or a bribe badge just to lose the cops, I don't find them THAT annoying.

Imagine this situation which is quite often in VC, at least in my case;

You have to chase someone on PCJ like in those payphone missions, i.e. and you need to shoot him. So regarding to there are cops on foot every 10m the chance of gaining 1 star is at least 90%. So let`s say you fall of your bike accidently and you`re surounded by those lazy pricks in uniforms, what would you do?

If you try to ignore them and go back on your bike they will knock you off and bust you, so you will fail the mission. Or you can shoot them thus you will gain 2 or 3 stars which will end in a severe blowout and before you notice it you will have a 4, or 5 stars and freaking FBI will be onto you. So you`d be likely dead before reaching pay`n`spray or safehouse.

That kind of scenarios happens to me very often in VC so it realy makes me madd as hell. And all because of those corrupt bastards.

And this is the only reason i crashed 1 PS2 and 1 controller already :blink:

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

^ No need to double post, just use the 'Edit' Button on your original post in future :^:

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ok, i got it.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

---

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've been playing VC for about 800 hours, and you're rather right, too many cops are patrolling on the streets. I really used to hate how we could easily get busted (you don't accelerate fast enough ? Busted ! You're on a motorbike ? In a few seconds, you'll be Busted ! The cop beat you with his nightstick ? Beware, you'll probably get busted soon !). I have changed my mind since my last post, because I'm actually remembering those aweful moments spent with the VCPD in VC.

I remember a mission, where you need to get Cam Jones out of jail ... What a shame Get Outta Jail Free Card doesn't exist in this game, because thanks to the annoying cops (and stupid Jones IA), I had to replay this mission about 20 times !

Also, the voice coming from the police chopper is creepy as hell !

• Legomanarthur and MrVance like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Rat

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I always found them the least annoying out of 3D era, mainly because while they can be annoying on foot with busting you, I don't particularly find them dangerous when fighting. The FBI and Military may carry MP5 which can be damaging but even then, they will not do too much damage (unless you count Military from Fort Baxter, those do A LOT of damage). I am able to survive a 6-star rampage on foot for 10 minutes without even taking too much damage. But that's because Tommy has highest amount of health and armor of all protagonists after 100% completion (200 health and 200 armor), so it makes survival much easier, although even with 100 or 150 health/armor, it is still doable. The only way to get killed for real is to get run over by a tank, which kills you instantly and there is no way out, unless hits a wall, so you can get out but if it's a straight road, it eats your health and armor in like 4-5 seconds and then you are dead. But seriously though, the cops from GTA 3 and GTA SA are far more deadly (Military from GTA 3 can kill you instantly even at 100 health and 100 armor, while anything 4-star and above in SA can kill you pretty fast even at full health and armor). That's just my opinion. :)

Mar.K
  • Mar.K

Hitman

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by markwey, 16 July 2014 - 01:59 PM.

You always had to be on a lookout for those police officers on foot when in a car/motorcycle while on a mission with a wanted level. :D

• MrVance likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

@kalerney, yeah that`s what i`m trying to say, you basicaly can`t turn around in VC without seeing at least few cops and when you`ve got 1 star that`s particularly annoying. I find 2 stars better because when you have more than 1 star cops will try to shoot you more than bust you. But when you have 1 star they will just try to bust you and that sucks.

But talk about FBI in VCS i mean that is crazy, you can`t last a second when you reach street blockade with 4 FBI washingtons, so that means 16 FBI agents firing you with their MP5, that is a disaster man :cry:

Out of all GTA games i think the military in GTA3 and FBI in VCS & LCS are the deadliest.

Oh and don`t forget the extreme fatality of MP5 in VCS and LCS, they are 2x more deadly than in any other game.

But i`m not talking about deadly force because cops in VC are more patheticly weak than deadly but i`m talking about how annoying they are.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Naa, the bribe cards/icons are easy to find once you have got to know the city.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Naa, the bribe cards/icons are easy to find once you have got to know the city.

The bigest problem is that when you got more than 2 stars cops are bumping into your car like crazy (you know that from GTA3) and since vehicles aren`t that great in VC (they are a little better than in GTA 3 tough) and they have too less weight you will just fly  around and burn before you will even reach a  bribe star. You need to be realy skilled to avoid them.

And not to mention if you are on the bike, they will knock you off instantly.

I`m playing VC again right now as a matter of fact and i`m realy amazed by (annoyed) how many cops actualy are in this game. There are more cops on foot than peds.

Realy you can`t shoot 1 bullet or beat a ped without being spotted by a cop.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Before getting to play GTA, years ago, i used to play 18WoS Across America, i hated cops so much there. 

When i started killing cops in VC, it was one of best days ever. Revenge was so sweet! 

I was always so angry when cop killed me, his face is so annoying and dumb, lol.

200px-VCPDcop-GTAVC.jpg

Yeah, i always hated that look. If you shot him again after he's dead, his mug will look less serious. His face expression changes.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Nothing will be as annoying as GTA V's terminator cops IMO. At least VC's don't have spec ops elite aiming from a few hundred metres away.

• Jeansowaty, Misunderstood and Stoney0503 like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:37 AM Edited by Blennerville, 17 July 2014 - 08:41 AM.

^^^ yes GTA5 cops remind me of Robert Patrick from T2 Judgement Day. That is one area where GTA4 was a lot better, I give you that (the episodes anyway where you could loose them when you are out of their line of sight, worked much better than GTA5 where they just seem to know where to go regardless of if they can see you or not.)

On the subject of Vice City. The cops are one of the most fun things about the game for me and one of the things that makes it better than the rest. The chases were the most fun out of all the games. I spent years just doing car chases with them. It was just so over the top fun, in particular i most fondly remember just going back and forth on that bridge that crosses near the golf course. and also blowing them up with the rpg or minigun when you are on foot and they are speeding towards in their cars and they blow up and flip and slide and just miss you by a foot like its a Michael Bay movie or something LOL.

Also the tire spikes were a lot more fun in VC. 

• Miamivicecity and Misunderstood like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

I remember a mission, where you need to get Cam Jones out of jail ... What a shame Get Outta Jail Free Card doesn't exist in this game, because thanks to the annoying cops (and stupid Jones IA), I had to replay this mission about 20 times !

God, I remember how hard that mission was. When you go out of the jail and there's like 20 police officer on foot shooting at you. Then, you have to be fast enough to take the sentinel parked outside without getting killed. But of course, Cam Jones is slow as hell, so by the time he enter the car, you can see that 3 tires of your car are destroyed, but f*ck it, you try to escape with this car because it's the only one that is obtainable. And finally, when you're trying to reach the nearest Pay'N'Spray, 15 police cars are pushing you out of the road, or flipping your car... and failing the mission for the 3rd time. Seriously this mission was way harder than "The Driver" mission to me.

Back on topic, I think the cops in VC are a little bit similar to the GTA III's one, they just have a spawning multiplier that's all :) plus the stingers that they use everywhere. But at least, they can destroy tires from their partners. :D

But these cops are nothing compared to the the one from GTA V.

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:09 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 10:22 PM.

I don't think the cops are bad in VC.  I think GTA III FBI is worse, and same with VCS 2 star wanted level through 5 and 6 star as well.

The FBI go at top speed in VCS and just ram you, even if that means them flipping their own cars and crashing and burning into everything and anyone.  GTA III's 5 star is no different.  In VC, since Tommy runs so damn abnormally fast, you can actually run away from the cops on foot, including the FBI.  There was a mission of which I forget the name, but you had to go grab evidence and each time you grabbed the evidence, you'd get another wanted star and by the end, you had 5 stars.  The FBI destroyed my car.  So what did I do?  I just ran to the pink marker to pass the mission, much better than trying to drive, but still, the cops overall are not as annoying as VCS and GTA III.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Lol! You could've brung a helicopter or a dyrable car.
I had to retry the mission 3 times but eventually you can take off without burning ;)

God, I remember how hard that mission was. When you go out of the jail and there's like 20 police officer on foot shooting at you. Then, you have to be fast enough to take the sentinel parked outside without getting killed. But of course, Cam Jones is slow as hell, so by the time he enter the car, you can see that 3 tires of your car are destroyed, but f*ck it, you try to escape with this car because it's the only one that is obtainable. And finally, when you're trying to reach the nearest Pay'N'Spray, 15 police cars are pushing you out of the road, or flipping your car... and failing the mission for the 3rd time. Seriously this mission was way harder than "The Driver" mission to me.

Back on topic, I think the cops in VC are a little bit similar to the GTA III's one, they just have a spawning multiplier that's all :) plus the stingers that they use everywhere. But at least, they can destroy tires from their partners. :D
But these cops are nothing compared to the the one from GTA V.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Ready to race?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

I honestly don't remember them being that annoying at all :blink:

Hell, I still play it on my PS2 every now and then for the feels :)

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

They are annoying just because there are so many of them on foot. Otherwise they`re just a f*cking joke, they aren`t tough at all and their aiming is crapy.

@militia you obviously mean the juju scramble mission where you need to collect some voodoo powder for auntie poulet?

Well that mission is pain in the ass untill you`ve mastered it, after that is a piece of cake. After collecting first twoo stashes of powder you pick up 1 bribe across the alley then you go after 3.rd stash. At the location where 3.rd stash is you leave yourself a vehicle before triggering a mission so you just hop in the vehicle and drive straight forward to pick up another bribe on jump, while losing 1 wanted star you also do a unique stunt jump and you land near auntie`s house.

Piece of cake, but it took me few months before it became a piece of cake. Untill that time i almost crash my controller.  :blink:

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yes, that's the mission ^^^^

Either way, I passed it first try, but it was on foot that I passed it.  Just like in VCS, "Tune In, Turn On, Bug Out" I passed this mission second try, but I was running around on foot due to the crazy FBI roadblock right next to the pay and spray where I had to go to lose the cops and pass the mission.  Ran around on foot, found a car, quickly bolted to pay and spray.  There is always a way out, lol...

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

In turn in turn out mission in VCS you need to be in helicopter all the time it`s way easy than in vehicle or on foot. Because of those annoying FBI roadblocks

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

I've been told a Maverick is easier to pass the mission and finding police bribes, but I don't mind the way I did it.  I saw the method I used in Youtube and then did the same thing.  FBI totaled car, run on foot to find a new car, get in, go to pay and spray...I like being on the edge of my seat, LOL

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

i see so you like things more challenging and not so easy huh :santa:

Well me too sometimes. 

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

I don't care how I pass the missions.  The only challenging aspect of GTA to me is obtaining some of the vehicles I am interested in from the missions that are proofed.  But only the ones in SA, and some in LCS are hard, also 2 of them in GTA III.  As for VC and VCS, they are all more or less quite easy to get.

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:39 AM Edited by CarlsonRe, 11 March 2015 - 08:09 AM.

I got VC on my IPhone and I dont see much cops but if I kill 2 peds I will always get a star even on a discret place. I think mobile version is fixed.

Well I passed that mission first try and nothing even bumped into me, and I had still 97 armor or something. And yeah, the voice from the chopper is creepy, sounds like he is puking lol. Oh and its AI not IA, AI means Artifical Intelligence or something.

• MrTommyV likes this

MrTommyV
  • MrTommyV

Loyal VC Player

• Members

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:00 PM Edited by MrTommyV, 14 March 2015 - 09:01 PM.

i never cared about those coppers, if i have 2-3 stars and if theyre bit far from me i just get a car by miracle and drive in to PNS. or if a cop around and i need a car i just drive so fast that he just leaves my door open and fall..i never give them a chance to bust Tommy's ass lol..

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Tommy runs as fast as the cops drive...So........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users