Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA Online Transfer Information - Cross Play?

24 replies to this topic
Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hi guys, I own GTA V on the PS3, And will be buying it for the pc and the ps4, I was just curious what exactly does "Transfer" mean ? Will I be able to go from the PS4 version in say, the bedroom to playing it on my laptop on the PC version? And if not will you only be able to transfer it once? or ?

If I transfer it to the PC, Will I also be able to put it on the PS4 version? If not there's no point buying both technically..

Thanks!

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

I think it's a one time transfer. I think otherwise it would be against both console policys!

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by Andreas, 16 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Everything they said so far about transfering GTAO pogression to the new systems can be seen in the official announcement on the newswire.

All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

For those asking, Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression will be transferable to PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

To me, it looks like you can transfer your progression to only one of the said systems. I could be wrong though.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi guys, I own GTA V on the PS3, And will be buying it for the pc and the ps4, I was just curious what exactly does "Transfer" mean ? Will I be able to go from the PS4 version in say, the bedroom to playing it on my laptop on the PC version? And if not will you only be able to transfer it once? or ?

If I transfer it to the PC, Will I also be able to put it on the PS4 version? If not there's no point buying both technically..

Thanks!

No because for example, if u transferred to pc, that has a way to make more money or status faster than on consoles, and not all people have all the gaming systems. It's just unfair.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Its a one time transfer.

Why would you buy both a PS4 and PC version?

I understand last gen (ps3, 360) and current gen (ps4, xone, pc) but two current gens?

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Its a one time transfer.

Why would you buy both a PS4 and PC version?

I understand last gen (ps3, 360) and current gen (ps4, xone, pc) but two current gens?

Well, one for the sake of having mods and one for the sake of being able to use remote play is it for me. Not buying PC version for a long time though.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Will a character of a PC gamer wear his Steam ID or the old PSN one?

Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

For me, the reason I'm going to be buying both is just simply, I am a fanboy of the series and am very grateful it's releasing on PC.

Reasons I'm buying it on PS4 and PC even though I own the PS3 version - 

1. I have my PS4 setup in the bedroom, So I'll be able to easily play it whenever I like "Likely online"

2. The PS3 is in the lounge room and my partner likes to watch her shows, So It'll be easier to get it on the PS4

3. Sometimes I like to be half sociable and hang out with the family / her in the lounge, So buying the PC version for my Metabox Gaming laptop -

a. Helps rockstar out, and shows them we support (The PC Edition)

b.  I really really support mods

c. I was hoping I could cross play PC/PS4 so I could continue my online experience on the laptop and then return to the PS4 version at a later date

d. Allows me to drain the boredom of Home and Away by playing this.

Now all I need to do is think of which one I'd be playing online more with... If I end up playing online on the PC then there is no point in me getting it on the PS4 really.. So I was thinking of

1. Get the PS4 version for playing / online 

2. Use the PC version to Mod / Sandbox around when bored in the lounge

I guess there's nothing stopping me from creating 2 characters and playing 1 on the PC and one on the PS4, But that's annoying, it's hard enough to level up and get money the legit way on it now IMO since I don't play it a great deal.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

I'm in the same spot right now. I want to get the PS4 version to play with my mates and I want to get the PC version to experience a maxed out GTAV with mods.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

It's not a one-time transfer, you can jump between platforms at anytime. You can already do this with the 360 and PS3.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

It's not a one-time transfer, you can jump between platforms at anytime. You can already do this with the 360 and PS3.

Have you done that?

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Have you done that?

Yup. Works just fine.

• NYC PATROL and VIPΣR like this

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Have you done that?

Yup. Works just fine.

Cool! Now I'm relieved.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'll be transfering when time comes, Like hell I'll try to get to 102 without glitches.

That would be incredibly boring.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 20 July 2014 - 09:54 PM.

Have you done that?

Yup. Works just fine.

Interesting and great to hear.  :^:  Was one of the first questions I had in mind when they announced it. I even contacted R* support about it but all they did was refer me to the official announcement.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

One time transfer in my opinion. Once GTA5 launches on new systems and PC you will have an option to transfer to the platform of your choice and that`s it. Personally I`ll be going from Xbox 360 to PC. If the one time transfer is the case then I fell sorry for those who own multiple platforms. On the other hand maybe you will have a one time transfer to each platform. Or maybe even a shared profile through all platforms, but I highly doubt it.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

Probably the original ID you created that character with on PS3.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:47 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 July 2014 - 06:47 AM.

I am pretty sure the ID will just magically turn into your Social Club name. Rockstar uses their own servers for the game, after all. They are obviously connected to the Social Club. 

Having XBL/PSN gamertags on PC would get really confusing. 

Unless I'm reading this wrong, and you have to name your character on console. I forgot, do you name your character? I don't think so? Anyway, multiplayer on PC was all Social Club based as of late (Max Payne 3). So it will remain the same with V.

• Alvarez likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

I am pretty sure the ID will just magically turn into your Social Club name. Rockstar uses their own servers for the game, after all. They are obviously connected to the Social Club. 

Unless I'm reading this wrong, and you have to name your character on console. I forgot, do you name your character? I don't think so? Anyway, multiplayer on PC was all Social Club based as of late (Max Payne 3). So it will remain the same with V.

You do, actually. I never understood why you could, since it's never used in Online proper.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

I just assumed it would use the console username because that's what is displayed on your created races and deathmatches.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

I have no doubt that it will be a one way tranfert from old gen to new gen/PC only. It's not sharing or linking, just a transfert, as it's been said by R*.

I don't believe that we could play the same account anytime on any console and PC.

We can't even transfert an account form PS3 to 360 now.

Playing on PC in some place and console in another ? Ok, good for you but R* don't give a dime about that.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

I have no doubt that it will be a one way tranfert from old gen to new gen/PC only. It's not sharing or linking, just a transfert, as it's been said by R*.

I don't believe that we could play the same account anytime on any console and PC.

We can't even transfert an account form PS3 to 360 now.

Playing on PC in some place and console in another ? Ok, good for you but R* don't give a dime about that.

You just link accounts. You can jump between ps3/360 currently. It's not a one time thing.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Daddy's back you bitches!

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Sorry for bumping it but you could jump between ps3 and xbox 360? That's cool. I'm relieved now.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

Yeah that's all possible with no implications from Sony or M$ because the data is stored on the Social Club servers and therefore depends on it and not anything stored on either XBL or PSN.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users