GTA:O Economy and The Blame Game

12 replies to this topic
Xily
  • Xily

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Recently there has been a huge uproar concerning the online economy, Rockstar's nerfs/buffs and delays, glitchers, hackers, and modders. This is nothing new, but the issue seems to be at an all-time high. Some disgruntled gamers have been putting the blame on cheaters and/or grinders for Rockstar nerfing mission payouts, buffing the difficulty, and delaying heists. I say you can't put the blame on them for Rockstar's actions.

Let's take a look back at Rockstar's biggest nerfs, buffs, and delays.

Quick restart option no longer allowed after completing a mission
Removing the option to restart a mission after finishing it only pads the length it takes to start playing again. So rather than simply doing the mission seconds after beating it, everyone is forced to sit through minutes of load screens. It doesn't stop people from grinding. What good does this do besides waste people's times?

Difficulty buffs
Now before some person comes here to boast about their 'awesome' gaming skills, let me say that I can beat every mission on hard that allows for a solo option on my own. With that being said, I STILL think that the difficulty in some missions is unfair. Endless respawning and bullet sponging enemies are a cheap, lazy tactic to make the game harder. Can we really blame cheaters for the buffs? I don't see how.

Nerfing payouts
I remember when Violent Duct on hard paid $9,000 instead of $2,250. For nerfs like these, some people blame the people who grind. Why? For getting money fast in a perfectly legitimate way. Doing the same missions countless times is not glitching nor exploiting. Let's say Rockstar wants people to stop grinding Rooftop Rumble or Coveted. Well, instead of buffing/nerfing the missions they should fix the monetary and RP balance issues. The payouts should be based on length and difficulty; the greater the length and difficulty, the higher the pay. Decrease the payout for the use of a Pegasus vehicle, have the mission pay the maximum amount only once per day or hour, or something along those lines. The current mission balancing is horrendous, and blaming cheaters is an excuse for Rockstar's poor handling of the mission payouts.

Heist delays
Some people say the heists are taking so long to come out because Rockstar is too busy patching everything. I call BS. Up to this point, we've had a deathmatch, race, and capture creator, Lester assassination missions, dozens of new Rockstar created deathmatches, races, missions, survivals, and captures, new properties, the ability to own 2 properties, and tons of new vehicles, clothing items, and weapons. So, the #1 thing that many people have been looking forward to, which could also be something that'll help put a stop to money glitching, has been delayed because they're too busy fixing everything else. I don't buy that. Unless the heists are incredibly complex to the point of absurdity, meaning that they're FAR more than a glorified 20-30 minute mission, I'm inclined to believe that Rockstar was BSing the entire time and didn't prioritize on getting the heists out.

For the record, despite the flaws and Rockstar's negative 'fixes', I enjoy GTA: Online immensely. I get money in-game through legitimate means, and I have quite a lot to spend. In some cases, I don't think it's okay to glitch just because some people think 'Rockstar deserves it'. But, putting the blame on cheaters is scapegoating. I'm not saying Rockstar is ALL to blame, but there are far better ways to handle the situations. These actions don't act as a deterrence, and only encourage more gamers to cheat.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

Plot twist. no economy
  • Joekill95, MilezDawg, infamouslegato and 4 others like this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

Im placing blame squarely on dead hookers.

• lazyassedlover likes this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Plot twist. no economy

omfg you ruined the story for me

In all seriousness, do we really need this bombardment of glitch/blame threads?

You guys are caring way too much about GTA:O. I expect it to live on, with or without us in particular. As a person who's seen countless online games in their prime, I feel utterly indifferent about the whole subject.

Moral of the story: Stop caring. It makes life better (at least the gaming part of life).

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

USBOC Host

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

This definitely needs a tl;dr version

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

01010010 01001111

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

:lol: when people say GTA Online has an economy.

• infamouslegato likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

Can we move on and stop talking about the same topic over and over. Jeez it's like being invited to dinner with kanye west where the only thing he talks about is how he's got more money and hoes than you. Man I'd love to talk about money and hoes all day but I'd rather talk about the property market.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:11 AM

TL;DR

This game doesn't have an economy.
  • infamouslegato likes this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

some type of way

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by Ermac., 16 July 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Can we move on and stop talking about the same topic over and over. Jeez it's like being invited to dinner with kanye west where the only thing he talks about is how he's got more money and hoes than you. Man I'd love to talk about money and hoes all day but I'd rather talk about the property market.

but it's Kanye West, what else did you expect, if anything it's your fault for accepting the invite if you didn't wanna hear about Kanye West doing his Kanye best

• Xyn likes this

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

This could all be solved by making hookers invincible

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

A: f*ck That!

B: f*ck What?

A: That There!

B: What There?

A: The Hooker!

B: What Hooker?

A: That Hooker!

B: WHAT HOOKER?

A; SEE THAT BLOKE WITH HIS DICK HANGING OUT?

B: Yeah!

A: That Hooker!

B: ?????

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

Charge money for DLC and let players have freedom to play the game the way they want.  Then just lower prices and buff payouts, and also make it easier to default to invite only or crew only sessions.  Oh, and get rid of the insurance premiums and medical costs, since they're just cash sinks anyway.

Xily
  • Xily

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

There's another glitch that involves bringing a suped up car from SP to MP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users