Quantcast

» «
Photo

Pure black tint

43 replies to this topic

Poll: Pure Black Tint (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you put pure black tints on all your cars?

1. Yes (40 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

2. No (46 votes [53.49%])

Percentage of vote: 53.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

Limo tint IRL allows about 5% light through. A pure black window would essentially be 0% light transmission. Making it impossible to see in or out of the vehicle. The pure black window tint is highly unrealistic.

Incorrect,

Window tints depending on the opacity cann indeed allow vision in the inside out.

The same principle applies to two sided glass windows / privacy glass. It completely excludes vision from the outside while allowing reverse effects on the inside.

The material used for this can also be synthesised or used in other applications. So no, it's not unrealistic at all in that sense.

Why on earth are you talking about things in a "realistic" nature, in a forum which is dedicated to a video game? As I've said before and strongly say again.. GTA isn't a simulator. It's a 3rd person shooter in which vehicle crime dates back to the very first top down games on the PlayStation.

There's nothing realistic about GTA other then scenic views, paint jobs. So having the word in the same sentence regarding anything about it is basically invalid.
I disagree that gta isn't realistic. Gta is the most realistic game out there. Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world. Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated. But crime does exist. Sure there allot a players driving around in chrome and pure gold high end cars. But even those exist IRL. I have yet to see a car in the real world that has pure black windows. You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front. If you have any proof of a drivable vehicle with blackout windows IRL. Please show me. Everybody so far has confused limo tint for blackout.
Can you give me some examples of how GTA is the most realistic game "out there"? compared to spawning weapons out of your virtual toons rectum?

If you're purely basing your "realistic" opinions on Vehicles (visual not mechanical) / Environmental aspects of GTA then yes, as I've previously mentioned that to me is considered realistic. Everything else? Not a chance.

As for the Window Tints, again... Just because YOU haven't personally seen a vehicle with pure black windows doesn't mean they don't exist.

A simple search on Google images will shed some light on the situation.. No pun intended.

As for legality, pure black window tints are illegal in most country's for civilian use, however, presidential / celebrity / royalty / Couldn't give a sh*t status grants you the ability to go above the law. It's for security.

Which brings me to a question of my own.

You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front.

So, you understand that pure black windows can indeed be used on a vehicle.. Even though the front window is left untouched. Agreed?

Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world.

You said it yourself, so what's the problem? You're basically saying it's not realistic and yet it's real life counterpart also shares the same properties.. You can have them applied only if the windshield is left alone. That is of course you are either above the law OR you simply don't give a sh*t.

Regardless of all this, one thing that stuck of the most for me what you said which is quite disturbing..

Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated.

Erm.. You're living in 2014 right? You think the crime in Grand Theft Auto Online is exaggerated?

My friend, this is a VIDEO GAME.. People are dying / getting killed everyday for far less exaggeration. There's no respawn, no continue in real life. Surely you understand this?
You are treating the pure black tint as if it is limo tint. The pure black tint in gta appears to be completely opaque. You can't see in or out of the pure black windows. If you look through the windshield (the only window not tinted) You can't see anything outside the vehicle. Where as when you look through the windshield of a limo tinted vehicle you can see out. You can also see inside vehicle a little bit through the limo tint at certain angles. Just like real life cars with limo tint. The presidental/celebrity vehicles you mention are all using limo tint. Even if they did use blackout tint it would only be on the rear windows. When I say you can't use blackout tint on the front windows. I 'm talking about the front doors. As well as the windshield. Some states do allow any tint on the rear. I'm not really concerned about the legality of having blackout windows on the front. More about the practicality. The only way you could see left or right is to roll down the front windows. Making the point of having tinted windows useless. When googling I have seen fully limo tinted vehicles. Limo tint will look pure black from certain angles. But they can't be pure black. As I already stated they couldn't be drivable. Unless you want to say they are using a monitor.

As far as the realism of gta. You're right, I'm mostly referring to the visuals and environment. But rockstar even tries to make some of mechanics realistic. Like the vehicle mechanics. Each vehicle has different driving dynamics. Based off of similar real life vehicles. Even though I find the durability to be highly unrealistic. You will probably say that there are driving games that are more accurate on vehicle mechanics. But that is there main focus. I like the mechanics of the characters. The walking, running, and jumping seem realistic. They die from things that would kill a real person. Sure, respawning is unrealistic. But like you said it is game. There has to be some unrealistic aspects in order to continue to play the game and keep it fun. I will agree with you that carrying every single weapon and ammo on your body at once is unrealistic. I don't know anything about weapons. But there operation seems realistic enough to me. Based off your comment about crime. It's sound to me you're saying the crime in gta is realistic. So I guess there is one thing you find realistic.

Overall I find gta to be the most realistic game in this genre. You keep saying how unrealistic gta is. So what game do you find be more realistic?
Did you really just say I'm basically confusing a limo tint to a pure black? You do realize I know the difference between the two right?

Are you sure it's you who isn't confusing the two? Because reading your comment it seems you're on a completely different wave length than me

It's simple, go to the window sections in LSC, the very last option are indeed "blackout" tints. I don't know about you but on my screen they look completely solid to me.

Presidential / Celebrity etc have complete blacked out windows on their vehicles all the time... Again... It's for security / privacy.

Honestly it's like you're not even paying attention, Google it.. That's the last resort I'm taking in a bid to educate you on this matter.

If it's THAT hard to believe that blacked out windows do indeed exist on real life vehicles, ALL windows EXCLUDING the windshield.. Then I don't know what else to tell you. Other then go to Japan and try to convince the JDM crowd.

Realistic game? ARMA is as close to life as you can get in that department other then virtual reality. Of course this game is on a completely different platform.

Realistic console game? I honestly didn't think there was one. Environments / depth I'd say Crysis but I'm struggling to name any game which fits your "realistic" impression you're giving off.

Unless Heavy Rain counts, that's pretty decent and realistic in some sense.

As for the crime in GTA, of course some aspects will be realistic. The clue is in the title of the game.

Also, please don't take offense or assume I'm being a total prick to you. I'm extremely tired.. It's been a long couple of days. Therefore I fully understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions etc
I just wanted to quote the longest quote train ever documented in gtaf history....
And say green glass ftw !

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

Fight Breast Cancer!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Limo tint IRL allows about 5% light through. A pure black window would essentially be 0% light transmission. Making it impossible to see in or out of the vehicle. The pure black window tint is highly unrealistic.

Incorrect,
Window tints depending on the opacity cann indeed allow vision in the inside out.
The same principle applies to two sided glass windows / privacy glass. It completely excludes vision from the outside while allowing reverse effects on the inside.
The material used for this can also be synthesised or used in other applications. So no, it's not unrealistic at all in that sense.
Why on earth are you talking about things in a "realistic" nature, in a forum which is dedicated to a video game? As I've said before and strongly say again.. GTA isn't a simulator. It's a 3rd person shooter in which vehicle crime dates back to the very first top down games on the PlayStation.
There's nothing realistic about GTA other then scenic views, paint jobs. So having the word in the same sentence regarding anything about it is basically invalid.
I disagree that gta isn't realistic. Gta is the most realistic game out there. Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world. Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated. But crime does exist. Sure there allot a players driving around in chrome and pure gold high end cars. But even those exist IRL. I have yet to see a car in the real world that has pure black windows. You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front. If you have any proof of a drivable vehicle with blackout windows IRL. Please show me. Everybody so far has confused limo tint for blackout.
Can you give me some examples of how GTA is the most realistic game "out there"? compared to spawning weapons out of your virtual toons rectum?
If you're purely basing your "realistic" opinions on Vehicles (visual not mechanical) / Environmental aspects of GTA then yes, as I've previously mentioned that to me is considered realistic. Everything else? Not a chance.
As for the Window Tints, again... Just because YOU haven't personally seen a vehicle with pure black windows doesn't mean they don't exist.
A simple search on Google images will shed some light on the situation.. No pun intended.
As for legality, pure black window tints are illegal in most country's for civilian use, however, presidential / celebrity / royalty / Couldn't give a sh*t status grants you the ability to go above the law. It's for security.
Which brings me to a question of my own.

You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front.

So, you understand that pure black windows can indeed be used on a vehicle.. Even though the front window is left untouched. Agreed?

Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world.

You said it yourself, so what's the problem? You're basically saying it's not realistic and yet it's real life counterpart also shares the same properties.. You can have them applied only if the windshield is left alone. That is of course you are either above the law OR you simply don't give a sh*t.
Regardless of all this, one thing that stuck of the most for me what you said which is quite disturbing..

Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated.

Erm.. You're living in 2014 right? You think the crime in Grand Theft Auto Online is exaggerated?
My friend, this is a VIDEO GAME.. People are dying / getting killed everyday for far less exaggeration. There's no respawn, no continue in real life. Surely you understand this?
You are treating the pure black tint as if it is limo tint. The pure black tint in gta appears to be completely opaque. You can't see in or out of the pure black windows. If you look through the windshield (the only window not tinted) You can't see anything outside the vehicle. Where as when you look through the windshield of a limo tinted vehicle you can see out. You can also see inside vehicle a little bit through the limo tint at certain angles. Just like real life cars with limo tint. The presidental/celebrity vehicles you mention are all using limo tint. Even if they did use blackout tint it would only be on the rear windows. When I say you can't use blackout tint on the front windows. I 'm talking about the front doors. As well as the windshield. Some states do allow any tint on the rear. I'm not really concerned about the legality of having blackout windows on the front. More about the practicality. The only way you could see left or right is to roll down the front windows. Making the point of having tinted windows useless. When googling I have seen fully limo tinted vehicles. Limo tint will look pure black from certain angles. But they can't be pure black. As I already stated they couldn't be drivable. Unless you want to say they are using a monitor.
As far as the realism of gta. You're right, I'm mostly referring to the visuals and environment. But rockstar even tries to make some of mechanics realistic. Like the vehicle mechanics. Each vehicle has different driving dynamics. Based off of similar real life vehicles. Even though I find the durability to be highly unrealistic. You will probably say that there are driving games that are more accurate on vehicle mechanics. But that is there main focus. I like the mechanics of the characters. The walking, running, and jumping seem realistic. They die from things that would kill a real person. Sure, respawning is unrealistic. But like you said it is game. There has to be some unrealistic aspects in order to continue to play the game and keep it fun. I will agree with you that carrying every single weapon and ammo on your body at once is unrealistic. I don't know anything about weapons. But there operation seems realistic enough to me. Based off your comment about crime. It's sound to me you're saying the crime in gta is realistic. So I guess there is one thing you find realistic.
Overall I find gta to be the most realistic game in this genre. You keep saying how unrealistic gta is. So what game do you find be more realistic?
Did you really just say I'm basically confusing a limo tint to a pure black? You do realize I know the difference between the two right?
Are you sure it's you who isn't confusing the two? Because reading your comment it seems you're on a completely different wave length than me
It's simple, go to the window sections in LSC, the very last option are indeed "blackout" tints. I don't know about you but on my screen they look completely solid to me.
Presidential / Celebrity etc have complete blacked out windows on their vehicles all the time... Again... It's for security / privacy.
Honestly it's like you're not even paying attention, Google it.. That's the last resort I'm taking in a bid to educate you on this matter.
If it's THAT hard to believe that blacked out windows do indeed exist on real life vehicles, ALL windows EXCLUDING the windshield.. Then I don't know what else to tell you. Other then go to Japan and try to convince the JDM crowd.
Realistic game? ARMA is as close to life as you can get in that department other then virtual reality. Of course this game is on a completely different platform.
Realistic console game? I honestly didn't think there was one. Environments / depth I'd say Crysis but I'm struggling to name any game which fits your "realistic" impression you're giving off.
Unless Heavy Rain counts, that's pretty decent and realistic in some sense.
As for the crime in GTA, of course some aspects will be realistic. The clue is in the title of the game.
Also, please don't take offense or assume I'm being a total prick to you. I'm extremely tired.. It's been a long couple of days. Therefore I fully understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions etc
I just wanted to quote the longest quote train ever documented in gtaf history....
And say green glass ftw !

LOL, I'm ending the quote train here, just in case the moderators hate it.

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by JaegerV2, 17 July 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Go, Jaeger, go!

I'll pass out soon, I bet my left nut on it lol

Apologies for the quote train, I didn't think to put them in spoiler tags on my end to keep it tidy =(

vv Spangles nailed it... Hard vv
  • Wombater_18 likes this

LoonySpangles
  • LoonySpangles

Psychosomatic Sociopath

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Incorrect,

Sorry for jumping in but .... are you trying to compare the realism of GTA and actual REAL LIFE?

I'm not going to even start making a list of the unrealistic ways GTA provides to the players.

It appears you have accepted GTA as the most realistic game out there, BUT it actually appears you have been sucked in so hard you are almost confusing RL with a video game.

That kind of psychology is scary, the type of person who believes in "soap operas" as real life events, prioritising them over their own life.
For your own sanity, take a break, a LONG break away from GTA and perhaps video games altogether.

But please don't start pointing your water pistol on the beach in the hope it will "auto aim" because your are in a reasonable proximity......no innuendo intended.

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

The Punisher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

These look like pure black tints but I could be wrong. They could be limo tint but I can't see nothing inside though.

16938BE4-5413-45B3-8FE9-4B6803F7177E-104

• dairyworker likes this

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

nice!!! I hope this proves to the non believers that it exists.  your car? I posted mine 1st page to try and show, but the angle is bad and the fronts are in fact limo so it was not as good proof as the pic you posted.

• trul3g3nd likes this

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

O.G.A.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Some people are just stupid.  I had someone on a car forum tell me that a grille guard on the front of a truck is illegal.  i don't know what planet he's from, but i see trucks and SUV's with grille guards ALL DAY LONG where i live, (plus i had two pickups with grille guards in past years) so if there is a law for it, it's a dead law or not enforced.

Same thing with tints, cars with pure black and doubled limo tinted definitely do exist IRL, i see dodge chargers and pickups, etc, completely smoked out here, including the front window (windshield).  The thing about tint is, that the side facing outwards is the darker side, the side on the inside allows visibility out.  As far as laws go, i don't know any state that allows limo tint or darker on the front windows, yet people do it anyways.  From what i've seen, police don't usually pull people over for it but will use it as "probable cause" to pull you over if they suspect something's up and you haven't broken any other law.

If you've never seen a car IRL with limo tints or darker all around, you're either very unobservant, oblivious, or not older than 14.

• dairyworker and trul3g3nd like this

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Over time all my cars will probably get pure black as it looks great imo, but it'll be when they get near a customs as I cba driving them backwards and forwards to do it.

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

The Punisher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

nice!!! I hope this proves to the non believers that it exists.  your car? I posted mine 1st page to try and show, but the angle is bad and the fronts are in fact limo so it was not as good proof as the pic you posted.

Yeah both levels of tint def exist but I couldn't really tell which level of tint your car was from the angle so that's why i posted up this one up to back you up more. 

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Not sure about the US, but in England the windscreen and front windows must let in 70% of natural light, rears can be as dark as you like, to the state of being van. And over here Police are now carrying devices that can measure the light, and they are stopping vehicles that look too dark. One thing I've seen before in US TV Shows is cars have the front windows tinted but with a triangle missing where the mirror is, not sure how legal it is.

So technically you can tint the front windows, but without knowing exactly how dark the windows already are (all car glass is naturally tinted to a certain degree) it's a difficult one to do.

My cars got factory fitted tints on the back and side windows, fronts are clear though.

419675_3195341640779_1469575060_n.jpg

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

O.G.A.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by dreaded_verse, 18 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Not sure about the US, but in England the windscreen and front windows must let in 70% of natural light, rears can be as dark as you like, to the state of being van. And over here Police are now carrying devices that can measure the light, and they are stopping vehicles that look too dark. One thing I've seen before in US TV Shows is cars have the front windows tinted but with a triangle missing where the mirror is, not sure how legal it is.

So technically you can tint the front windows, but without knowing exactly how dark the windows already are (all car glass is naturally tinted to a certain degree) it's a difficult one to do.

My cars got factory fitted tints on the back and side windows, fronts are clear though.

419675_3195341640779_1469575060_n.jpg

Police carry the same tool over here in U.S; but like i said unless its some hard up cop, bored country cop, or state trooper, cops don't usually pull people over for it unless they think somethings up and that can be their "probable cause".  (police need a reason to pull you over, if you're looking suspicious but haven't broken any law, police will pull you over and cite the reason being your tints were too dark.

No state i know of allows dark tint (darker than 20%)  on the front windows (unless it's prescribed by a doctor for reasons of sensitive eyes, etc) and no state I know of allows tint on the windshield at all, except to the AS1 line or maximum of 6 inches.  Having the entire windshield tinted is illegal in every state.  period.  yet it can be done and i see cars limo tinted all the way around windshield included on a daily basis. 

Some states, tints are not allowed at all on the front windows.  I know in my state, the back side windows and rear window can be ANY Percentage on PICKUPS and SUV's, however cars have a different law. 

My truck IRL is limo tinted all the way around, except for the windshield.  :)

TheDexter626
  • TheDexter626

Meh

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Pure black is so unrealistic. Guess what ? Go to youtube and search russian mafia.. There are couple cars where even the windshield is blacked out , too bad i cant find it anymore ..So , where is your unrealistic now ? Btw. Saw one IRL last week , when i was visiting another country. Looked so epic..

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

I use the tint

I don't want people to see what I really do to those hookers.

You don't want to know.

theicide
  • theicide

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by theicide, 21 July 2014 - 06:22 AM.

i'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures. this link is best I could do.

http://f10.5post.com...pictureid=34292

I found this picture of a BMW with window tint all around. Who believes this is Pure Black tint or Limo tint?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users