Quantcast

» «
Photo

Pure black tint

43 replies to this topic

Poll: Pure Black Tint (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you put pure black tints on all your cars?

1. Yes (40 votes [45.98%])

Percentage of vote: 45.98%

2. No (47 votes [54.02%])

Percentage of vote: 54.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

Do you put pure black tints or any of the tints for that matter on all of your cars? Personally for me I only used the pure black tint on my buffalo and cogno. I have no tint on my classics and only light smoke on my other cars. I just think it's unnecessary to tint every single car you own.

• No_oWay likes this

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

Only on new cars and some sedans. On muscle and older cars I just leave it stock.

• trul3g3nd likes this

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

I do except for on my glendale

RichiesTrucking
  • RichiesTrucking

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

$5k more than limo tint and it looks the same. no thanks
  • 2Chains4Bracelets, Arrows to Athens and trul3g3nd like this

trul3g3nd
  • trul3g3nd

Paid In Full

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

I heard it was free now when you go to ls customs. I haven't did it yet but I'll probaly take one of my cars there later to see.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Definately not the same. You cant see anything through them in the daytime or nightime
  • No_oWay likes this

caarl00s
  • caarl00s

:)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

I have never used the pure black tint in any of my cars, but i've used the other options in all of my cars, only the Blade has lightest tint, my other cars have a little more darker tints... :)

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

I only have it on my Futo.

Defender1904
  • Defender1904

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

No... Sometimes it covers up a cool view of the engine or if a car has a nice interior!
  • trul3g3nd likes this

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

I don't use anything more than light tint on my cars.
  • trul3g3nd likes this

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

I use the dark on all the cars I use tint on. Others I have stock. I use tint for its defensive value more than aesthetic. It makes it just a hair harder for a sniper of someone shooting free aim while driving to get a good bead.

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

never used pure black or even lime for that matter. I have light smoke on most cars and dark smoke on my few "classy" cars and my surfer.

Wombater
  • Wombater

Swipe Right? No? Ok...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

... Yes.

theicide
  • theicide

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

No. It's to unrealistic. Have you ever seen a car in real life with pure black tint. 1st of all it would be illegal. And 2nd you probably wouldn't be able to see out.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

It's non illegal in all states. States with a high sun index and specialized transport vehicles often have full black tint.
  • Defender1904 likes this

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Ride or Die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

all of my cars have it

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

not sure about the states but here in Canada the rules only apply to the front passenger windows and vary on darkness depending on where yo are. from the rear seat to the back can be painted if you want, just like a commercial delivery vehicle...

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's free if you put accustom plate on first, then go to window tints

theicide
  • theicide

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

Limo tint IRL allows about 5% light through. A pure black window would essentially be 0% light transmission. Making it impossible to see in or out of the vehicle. The pure black window tint is highly unrealistic.

Grumpy-Goat-
  • Grumpy-Goat-

Goats Rule!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I'll make sure I let my friends with blacked out windows on their beamers know that it's unrealistic.
  • Reconified likes this

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

^^^^ do i know you? ... lol

Limo tint IRL allows about 5% light through. A pure black window would essentially be 0% light transmission. Making it impossible to see in or out of the vehicle. The pure black window tint is highly unrealistic.

your right it is totally unrealistic......

20140511_163608_zps7d9e6b9c.jpg

• Grumpy-Goat- likes this

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Incorrect,

Window tints depending on the opacity cann indeed allow vision in the inside out.

The same principle applies to two sided glass windows / privacy glass. It completely excludes vision from the outside while allowing reverse effects on the inside.

The material used for this can also be synthesised or used in other applications. So no, it's not unrealistic at all in that sense.

Why on earth are you talking about things in a "realistic" nature, in a forum which is dedicated to a video game? As I've said before and strongly say again.. GTA isn't a simulator. It's a 3rd person shooter in which vehicle crime dates back to the very first top down games on the PlayStation.

There's nothing realistic about GTA other then scenic views, paint jobs. So having the word in the same sentence regarding anything about it is basically invalid.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 16 July 2014 - 10:11 PM.

No. It's to unrealistic. Have you ever seen a car in real life with pure black tint. 1st of all it would be illegal. And 2nd you probably wouldn't be able to see out.

And Adders being more common that clean Toyota Pickups is totally realistic amirite? Stfu.

theicide
  • theicide

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

Incorrect,

Window tints depending on the opacity cann indeed allow vision in the inside out.

The same principle applies to two sided glass windows / privacy glass. It completely excludes vision from the outside while allowing reverse effects on the inside.

The material used for this can also be synthesised or used in other applications. So no, it's not unrealistic at all in that sense.

Why on earth are you talking about things in a "realistic" nature, in a forum which is dedicated to a video game? As I've said before and strongly say again.. GTA isn't a simulator. It's a 3rd person shooter in which vehicle crime dates back to the very first top down games on the PlayStation.

There's nothing realistic about GTA other then scenic views, paint jobs. So having the word in the same sentence regarding anything about it is basically invalid.

I disagree that gta isn't realistic. Gta is the most realistic game out there. Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world. Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated. But crime does exist. Sure there allot a players driving around in chrome and pure gold high end cars. But even those exist IRL. I have yet to see a car in the real world that has pure black windows. You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front. If you have any proof of a drivable vehicle with blackout windows IRL. Please show me. Everybody so far has confused limo tint for blackout.
  • trul3g3nd likes this

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:17 AM Edited by JaegerV2, 17 July 2014 - 01:35 AM.

Incorrect,

I disagree that gta isn't realistic. Gta is the most realistic game out there. Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world. Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated. But crime does exist. Sure there allot a players driving around in chrome and pure gold high end cars. But even those exist IRL. I have yet to see a car in the real world that has pure black windows. You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front. If you have any proof of a drivable vehicle with blackout windows IRL. Please show me. Everybody so far has confused limo tint for blackout.
Can you give me some examples of how GTA is the most realistic game "out there"? compared to spawning weapons out of your virtual toons rectum?

If you're purely basing your "realistic" opinions on Vehicles (visual not mechanical) / Environmental aspects of GTA then yes, as I've previously mentioned that to me is considered realistic. Everything else? Not a chance.

As for the Window Tints, again... Just because YOU haven't personally seen a vehicle with pure black windows doesn't mean they don't exist.

A simple search on Google images will shed some light on the situation.. No pun intended.

As for legality, pure black window tints are illegal in most country's for civilian use, however, presidential / celebrity / royalty / Couldn't give a sh*t status grants you the ability to go above the law. It's for security.

Which brings me to a question of my own.

You could have them on the back windows. But not in the front.

So, you understand that pure black windows can indeed be used on a vehicle.. Even though the front window is left untouched. Agreed?

Everything in the game is based off of things that exist in the real world.

You said it yourself, so what's the problem? You're basically saying it's not realistic and yet it's real life counterpart also shares the same properties.. You can have them applied only if the windshield is left alone. That is of course you are either above the law OR you simply don't give a sh*t.

Regardless of all this, one thing that stuck of the most for me what you said which is quite disturbing..

Sure the amount of a crime is exaggerated.

Erm.. You're living in 2014 right? You think the crime in Grand Theft Auto Online is exaggerated?

My friend, this is a VIDEO GAME.. People are dying / getting killed everyday for far less exaggeration. There's no respawn, no continue in real life. Surely you understand this?
  • Delta India Echo likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

So say we all

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Nope - no tint for stock/vintage cars, light smoke or limo for certain special cases (specific movie/real life homages), dark smoke for tuners.

Only used pure black for my 'Christine'-homage Tornado, since the movie car likewise had fully-blacked-out windows (for the supernatural scenes, at least). But most of the time, it just doesn't suit any of my rides.

Mithridates158
  • Mithridates158

Keyboard Warrior :P

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I don't put window tint on any of my cars

theicide
  • theicide

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Incorrect,

Can you give me some examples of how GTA is the most realistic game "out there"? compared to spawning weapons out of your virtual toons rectum?

If you're purely basing your "realistic" opinions on Vehicles (visual not mechanical) / Environmental aspects of GTA then yes, as I've previously mentioned that to me is considered realistic. Everything else? Not a chance.

As for the Window Tints, again... Just because YOU haven't personally seen a vehicle with pure black windows doesn't mean they don't exist.

A simple search on Google images will shed some light on the situation.. No pun intended.

As for legality, pure black window tints are illegal in most country's for civilian use, however, presidential / celebrity / royalty / Couldn't give a sh*t status grants you the ability to go above the law. It's for security.

So, you understand that pure black windows can indeed be used on a vehicle.. Even though the front window is left untouched. Agreed?

You said it yourself, so what's the problem? You're basically saying it's not realistic and yet it's real life counterpart also shares the same properties.. You can have them applied only if the windshield is left alone. That is of course you are either above the law OR you simply don't give a sh*t.

Regardless of all this, one thing that stuck of the most for me what you said which is quite disturbing..

Erm.. You're living in 2014 right? You think the crime in Grand Theft Auto Online is exaggerated?

My friend, this is a VIDEO GAME.. People are dying / getting killed everyday for far less exaggeration. There's no respawn, no continue in real life. Surely you understand this?

You are treating the pure black tint as if it is limo tint. The pure black tint in gta appears to be completely opaque. You can't see in or out of the pure black windows. If you look through the windshield (the only window not tinted) You can't see anything outside the vehicle. Where as when you look through the windshield of a limo tinted vehicle you can see out. You can also see inside vehicle a little bit through the limo tint at certain angles. Just like real life cars with limo tint. The presidental/celebrity vehicles you mention are all using limo tint. Even if they did use blackout tint it would only be on the rear windows. When I say you can't use blackout tint on the front windows. I 'm talking about the front doors. As well as the windshield. Some states do allow any tint on the rear. I'm not really concerned about the legality of having blackout windows on the front. More about the practicality. The only way you could see left or right is to roll down the front windows. Making the point of having tinted windows useless. When googling I have seen fully limo tinted vehicles. Limo tint will look pure black from certain angles. But they can't be pure black. As I already stated they couldn't be drivable. Unless you want to say they are using a monitor.

As far as the realism of gta. You're right, I'm mostly referring to the visuals and environment. But rockstar even tries to make some of mechanics realistic. Like the vehicle mechanics. Each vehicle has different driving dynamics. Based off of similar real life vehicles. Even though I find the durability to be highly unrealistic. You will probably say that there are driving games that are more accurate on vehicle mechanics. But that is there main focus. I like the mechanics of the characters. The walking, running, and jumping seem realistic. They die from things that would kill a real person. Sure, respawning is unrealistic. But like you said it is game. There has to be some unrealistic aspects in order to continue to play the game and keep it fun. I will agree with you that carrying every single weapon and ammo on your body at once is unrealistic. I don't know anything about weapons. But there operation seems realistic enough to me. Based off your comment about crime. It's sound to me you're saying the crime in gta is realistic. So I guess there is one thing you find realistic.

Overall I find gta to be the most realistic game in this genre. You keep saying how unrealistic gta is. So what game do you find be more realistic?

JaegerV2
  • JaegerV2

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:52 AM Edited by JaegerV2, 17 July 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Incorrect,

You are treating the pure black tint as if it is limo tint. The pure black tint in gta appears to be completely opaque. You can't see in or out of the pure black windows. If you look through the windshield (the only window not tinted) You can't see anything outside the vehicle. Where as when you look through the windshield of a limo tinted vehicle you can see out. You can also see inside vehicle a little bit through the limo tint at certain angles. Just like real life cars with limo tint. The presidental/celebrity vehicles you mention are all using limo tint. Even if they did use blackout tint it would only be on the rear windows. When I say you can't use blackout tint on the front windows. I 'm talking about the front doors. As well as the windshield. Some states do allow any tint on the rear. I'm not really concerned about the legality of having blackout windows on the front. More about the practicality. The only way you could see left or right is to roll down the front windows. Making the point of having tinted windows useless. When googling I have seen fully limo tinted vehicles. Limo tint will look pure black from certain angles. But they can't be pure black. As I already stated they couldn't be drivable. Unless you want to say they are using a monitor.

As far as the realism of gta. You're right, I'm mostly referring to the visuals and environment. But rockstar even tries to make some of mechanics realistic. Like the vehicle mechanics. Each vehicle has different driving dynamics. Based off of similar real life vehicles. Even though I find the durability to be highly unrealistic. You will probably say that there are driving games that are more accurate on vehicle mechanics. But that is there main focus. I like the mechanics of the characters. The walking, running, and jumping seem realistic. They die from things that would kill a real person. Sure, respawning is unrealistic. But like you said it is game. There has to be some unrealistic aspects in order to continue to play the game and keep it fun. I will agree with you that carrying every single weapon and ammo on your body at once is unrealistic. I don't know anything about weapons. But there operation seems realistic enough to me. Based off your comment about crime. It's sound to me you're saying the crime in gta is realistic. So I guess there is one thing you find realistic.

Overall I find gta to be the most realistic game in this genre. You keep saying how unrealistic gta is. So what game do you find be more realistic?
Did you really just say I'm basically confusing a limo tint to a pure black? You do realize I know the difference between the two right?

Are you sure it's you who isn't confusing the two? Because reading your comment it seems you're on a completely different wave length than me

It's simple, go to the window sections in LSC, the very last option are indeed "blackout" tints. I don't know about you but on my screen they look completely solid to me.

Presidential / Celebrity etc have complete blacked out windows on their vehicles all the time... Again... It's for security / privacy.

Honestly it's like you're not even paying attention, Google it.. That's the last resort I'm taking in a bid to educate you on this matter.

If it's THAT hard to believe that blacked out windows do indeed exist on real life vehicles, ALL windows EXCLUDING the windshield.. Then I don't know what else to tell you. Other then go to Japan and try to convince the JDM crowd.

Realistic game? ARMA is as close to life as you can get in that department other then virtual reality. Of course this game is on a completely different platform.

Realistic console game? I honestly didn't think there was one. Environments / depth I'd say Crysis but I'm struggling to name any game which fits your "realistic" impression you're giving off.

Unless Heavy Rain counts, that's pretty decent and realistic in some sense.

As for the crime in GTA, of course some aspects will be realistic. The clue is in the title of the game.

Also, please don't take offense or assume I'm being a total prick to you. I'm extremely tired.. It's been a long couple of days. Therefore I fully understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions etc

Wombater
  • Wombater

Swipe Right? No? Ok...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Go, Jaeger, go!
  • JaegerV2 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users