Another GTA in the 90s

141 replies to this topic
watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

i don't mind if they do a gta in the 90's in all honesty i didn't get that feeling playing sa i got a nice 80's vibe playing vice city im not sure why i don't get a 90's vibe in sa.

Maybe because SA relied more on exploration and enjoyment rather than the actual 90s vibe. I mean the LS missions had that vibe, but after that, it was all lost. Stealing a jetpack from Area 69 and flying jets felt more like an action movie from any decade rather than the actual 90s culture.

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

i don't mind if they do a gta in the 90's in all honesty i didn't get that feeling playing sa i got a nice 80's vibe playing vice city im not sure why i don't get a 90's vibe in sa.

Maybe because SA relied more on exploration and enjoyment rather than the actual 90s vibe. I mean the LS missions had that vibe, but after that, it was all lost. Stealing a jetpack from Area 69 and flying jets felt more like an action movie from any decade rather than the actual 90s culture.

i agree i got a boyz in the hood vibe in LS but after that it was gone i also wanted to mention the jetpacks and the jets but i was afraid i was going to start a quote train.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

If they make another GTA in the 90s then they f*cking better have Nirvana on the soundtrack.

Until the day comes where music licening is cheap and hassle free (which will be never) we won't be seeing Nirvana on a GTA soundtrack.

Yeah. R* is so broke they only have $265,000,000 to make a game with.

I'm still waiting for your response.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

If they make another GTA in the 90s then they f*cking better have Nirvana on the soundtrack.

Until the day comes where music licening is cheap and hassle free (which will be never) we won't be seeing Nirvana on a GTA soundtrack.

And how much of that went to actual development costs I wonder? Hmmm... Probably most of it, and even then people bitch that V was still sh*t.

Plus it's not just the money that prevents Rockstar from getting the rights for your sh*tty 90's grunge band. Chuck as much money in as you want, Nirvana is as impossible to licence as Pink Floyd.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:18 PM

And how much of that went to actual development costs I wonder? Hmmm... Probably most of it, and even then people bitch that V was still sh*t.

Plus it's not just the money that prevents Rockstar from getting the rights for your sh*tty 90's grunge band. Chuck as much money in as you want, Nirvana is as impossible to licence as Pink Floyd.

Yeah, hard to license as Pink Floyd? Here's a list of games (not even rhythm games) that have Nirvana on their soundtrack:

MotorStorm

Major League Baseball 2K7

Madden NFL 10

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Skate

It's not a thing of the past past either, Rocksmith 2014 has Heart Shaped Box. So, put your sh*tty taste in music aside. There is literally no excuse not to have Nirvana, especially if they return to the 90s.

hot-temper27
  • hot-temper27

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, hard to license as Pink Floyd? Here's a list of games (not even rhythm games) that have Nirvana on their soundtrack:

MotorStorm

Madden NFL 10

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Skate

It's not a thing of the past past either, Rocksmith 2014 has Heart Shaped Box. So, put your sh*tty taste in music aside. There is literally no excuse not to have Nirvana, especially if they return to the 90s.

No one's saying that it's impossible to have Nirvana in a GTA game, but the only way we'll see Nirvana in the soundtrack of a GTA game is if the GTA is set in 1993, when grunge reached the pinnacle of popularity. Be real here. There's no way that R* would put Nirvana in the soundtrack of a GTA game if it was set in the late 90s.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

MotorStorm

Madden NFL 10

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Skate

No one's saying that it's impossible to have Nirvana in a GTA game, but the only way we'll see Nirvana in the soundtrack of a GTA game is if the GTA is set in 1993, when grunge reached the pinnacle of popularity. Be real here. There's no way that R* would put Nirvana in the soundtrack of a GTA game if it was set in the late 90s.

You again, I told you they could easily put Nirvana on a rock radio station. Hell, it's 2014 and I still hear Nirvana on any rock station I listen to. You can bet they would be on a rock radio station in the 90s, a decade that Nirvana practically defines.

hot-temper27
  • hot-temper27

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by hot-temper27, 4 weeks ago.

Honestly, I don't see why people have any doubts of having another GTA set in the 90s. I means we got one set in the early 90s and one set in the late 90s. Why not one more set in the mid 90s? I'd love a GTA with a battle between the east coast gang and the west coast non-gangbanging gang. That would be epic and grimey. We need a GTA game with a grimey ass vibe. That would be awesome.

Boyz2Society
  • Boyz2Society

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Honestly, I don't see why people have any doubts of having another GTA set in the 90s. I means we got one set in the early 90s and one set in the late 90s. Why not one more set in the mid 90s? I'd love a GTA with a battle between the east coast gang and the west coast non-gangbanging gang. That would be epic and grimey. We need a GTA game with a grimey ass vibe. That would be awesome.

Don't see how that wouldn't work as well. If mafia games set in the 1940s - 1950s were a success, who's to say that another GTA set in the 90s couldn't be just as kickass?

nath22
  • nath22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Awkward time period. The late 90's were pretty dreadful on all accounts as far as media goes. N Sync and Papa Roach, anyone?

Vice City very early 90's could work. All the neon lights and ridiculousness of the 80's were still there but things were changing enough that it wouldn't just be a re-tread of the last game. Grunge just becoming a thing, Gn'R (Love Fist) pretty much ruling the world.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

MotorStorm

Madden NFL 10

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Skate

Still waiting for your response. Convince me that getting Nirvana on the soundtrack is impossible for one of the richest video game companies in the world, when much smaller games were able to get their music with no problem.

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Awkward time period. The late 90's were pretty dreadful on all accounts as far as media goes. N Sync and Papa Roach, anyone?

Vice City very early 90's could work. All the neon lights and ridiculousness of the 80's were still there but things were changing enough that it wouldn't just be a re-tread of the last game. Grunge just becoming a thing, Gn'R (Love Fist) pretty much ruling the world.

I never said I wanted the game set in the late 90s. I said that it should be set in the mid 90s based on the East and West Coast beef, 1995 to be exact, and the game could have that grimey vibe to it. And Vice City set in 1990 would be tedious as f*ck.

hot-temper27
  • hot-temper27

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I never said I wanted the game set in the late 90s. I said that it should be set in the mid 90s based on the East and West Coast beef, 1995 to be exact, and the game could have that grimey vibe to it. And Vice City set in 1990 would be tedious as f*ck.

I agree. I mean we already know what happened with Tommy in Vice City and there's already two video games set in the city. So what's the purpose to have Vice City set in 1990?

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, just no...

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No, just no...

Your explanation?

Hocko1999_fgc
  • Hocko1999_fgc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm making a concept of a mid-90's GTA right now. Should be up soon.

roadrage19
  • roadrage19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Really? What's your concept?

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've had my fill of two bit hoods. 

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Dunno about anyone else but I'd love to see a 90's follow up to Vice City story.

fei5u48857
  • fei5u48857

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would love to revisit LC set during the 90s.
  • Zello likes this

Slasherr
  • Slasherr

Ya'll need a ticket to the Bitch & Moan train.

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would love another Vice City type of game, the music and everything is just amazing.

Hocko1999_fgc
  • Hocko1999_fgc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Really? What's your concept?

Well, kinda mid-to-late 90's, closer to late 90's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users