Another GTA in the 90s

134 replies to this topic
GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

I think R* should make another GTA game set in the 90s, 1995 to be exact, and have the game be based on the East-West rivalry. The story will be about a young thug from the west coast named Calvin who takes the place of another gang member of his gang the Groundbreakers, who got killed after the Steamers, an east coast gang, ambush their gang, and Calvin does whatever he can to protect his city from the rivalry gang. What do you think I need to do to improve this story?
  • theGTAking101, The7thOne and FriendlyPsychopath like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

I think if we revisit the 90's we need to see a different side of the criminal underworld in the 90's, because there was still a hell of a lot more than just gangbanging in the 90's. I don't know what should be done, I just think that the entire 90's gangster thing was covered in pretty decent detail in SA.

But I'll take anything in the past over another modern GTA game. Because the way society is going, all that Rockstar's going to have to parody in a few years time is the same old internet and conspiracy theorist nut gags.
  • Mister Pink, Tyla, JRC99 and 11 others like this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

There never was east-west gang rivalry, just one rap beef between Pac and Biggie blown way out of proportions by the media and fans alike. Anyway, as Niko said, if they do go back in time, and I hope they do, they should do another side, not something we've already seen. Want gang wars, there's SA. Let's have something else on the plate now.
  • Lexty., LucarioVercetti, Eddie_INTV and 2 others like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Ok, it could work and at the same time not work. We got the thug/gangbanging aspect once, it made big hit (GTA SA)  why not bring somewhat of it back you may ask? Thing is, some things has to be left closed, because I think if they put another  GTA set in the 90's, alot of people would complain over the fact that they revisited they same place after just showing it (GTA V) and I dont know how it would work in the HD era LS, because the HD Era LS' hood was very limited, with only a small part of it being like the african american gang turfs. 

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Ok, it could work and at the same time not work. We got the thug/gangbanging aspect once, it made big hit (GTA SA)  why not bring somewhat of it back you may ask? Thing is, some things has to be left closed, because I think if they put another  GTA set in the 90's, alot of people would complain over the fact that they revisited they same place after just showing it (GTA V) and I dont know how it would work in the HD era LS, because the HD Era LS' hood was very limited, with only a small part of it being like the african american gang turfs. 

Well why not in a different city of San Andreas, like maybe on based on Oakland? It doesn't have to be about gangbanging. Just good old fashion gangster style.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Why not Washington DC in the 90s? Maybe there can be a mission where you take Bill Clinton to a brothel to meet that Monica chick or something.
  • Choymz, Brock Elvis, Zello and 6 others like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

What is there to tell in the 90's? I mean the only thing I can remember that was iconic by that era was alot of african american hip hop songs coming out (Wich was great) And we had cool guys like 2pac and Biggie, and their risedom. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

What is there to tell in the 90's?

The rise of underground raves, I could imagine.

So what if it's Dutch? That didn't stop Rockstar from putting an Indian station in LCS.

• Eddie_INTV and matajuegos01 like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Zello, 16 July 2014 - 11:27 PM.

Why not Washington DC in the 90s? Maybe there can be a mission where you take Bill Clinton to a brothel to meet that Monica chick or something.

YES!!!!!

But after we do some coke with Marion Barry

marionbarrysmokingcrack.gif

• universetwisters, Eddie_INTV and gbrown100 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

YES!!!!!

But after we do some coke with Marion Barry

-snip-

Hahhaa! I was about to make a reference to that when I first posted it but I didn't know if he was during the 90s or 80s.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

I want Vice City in the 90's.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

I'm honestly not sure what there was for crime in the 90's besides gangbanging and mafia stuff, both of which we've seen in both 90's set GTA games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm honestly not sure what there was for crime in the 90's besides gangbanging and mafia stuff, both of which we've seen in both 90's set GTA games.

Maybe a bunch of ex-Soviets immigrating to America and joining a Russian mob, but then again, that falls under "mafia stuff"

• Boris The Vodka and matajuegos01 like this

Cj from grove street
  • Cj from grove street

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

Gta 5 ballas expansion pack

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

I don't want to see another 90s GTA. Weren't SA and LCS enough? To be honest I would only like to see the 70s as a pre-modern period. Otherwise I hope GTA VI or whatever is modern again. 

• Mr. Jago, MikeTorino13, LeopardGecko and 1 other like this

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

whiskeytits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

The west coast, east coast beef was not really beef at all. I don't think another GTA would be set in the 90's.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

I wanna see more 80's Triads/Yakuza.

Maybe a 3D remake of CTW.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Another GTA in 90s!

http://gtaforums.com...o-las-venturas/

GTA19somethin
  • GTA19somethin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

I don't want to see another 90s GTA. Weren't SA and LCS enough? To be honest I would only like to see the 70s as a pre-modern period. Otherwise I hope GTA VI or whatever is modern again. 

Not really. San Andreas' storyline wasn't very cohesive and Liberty City Stories was another cliché mobster plot. I'm talking about the gritty, grimey 90s style, the mid 90s. We got early 90s, we got late 90s, now we should have just one more in the mid 90s. Those who were old enough to witness the mid 90s (1994-1996) know what I'm talking about. But yeah. I do agree that there should be a GTA set in the 70s too.

• ObsydianRaven and matajuegos01 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Not really. San Andreas' storyline wasn't very cohesive and Liberty City Stories was another cliché mobster plot. I'm talking about the gritty, grimey 90s style, the mid 90s. We got early 90s, we got late 90s, now we should have just one more in the mid 90s. Those who were old enough to witness the mid 90s (1994-1996) know what I'm talking about. But yeah. I do agree that there should be a GTA set in the 70s too.

That could work, especially the crack epidemic in the 90s. Not to mention lighting up with the mayor of DC ;)

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

I was reading up on the soaring crime rates in Berlin during the 90's after the Berlin Wall came down in 1989. I think that right there would make an interesting 90's GTA game. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Maybe a bunch of ex-Soviets immigrating to America and joining a Russian mob, but then again, that falls under "mafia stuff"

I got it, guys. I got it!

What about a group of adrenaline junkie surfers who assault banks for fun and try to live on the edge?

I think that nobody has thought of it yet.
  • universetwisters, dreadluxx and matajuegos01 like this

Nicolas Chiribelo
  • Nicolas Chiribelo

Welcome to the City

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

I would like to see a new game set in the 80's or 90's.

We know almost nothing about the old days in the HD era.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I would like to see a new game set in the 80's or 90's.

We know almost nothing about the old days in the HD era.

The furthest back we've been in the HD era was 2004 in the Prologue of V, and even then we don't see enough to draw a conclusion on the culture, atmosphere, etc.

• matajuegos01 likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

I think they should make another GTA set in the mid 90s. But I think it should be set more like in late 1994ish. That's where the griminess started. Because honestly, GTA SA had a sporadic storyline. That game was supposed to focus on urban gang life, but it completely digressed from that topic. I say that we just write up ideas and just go to R* company to implement them just to make sure they don't leave out anything. Why wait when we could just go over there and do it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

I'm sure there was grime all over the 90s, you just had to look in the right spot.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

I bet all these people who want to see a sequel-type game to San Andreas are just gonna bitch when it's not 100% like San Andreas.

• Miamivicecity, ObsydianRaven, simonp92 and 5 others like this

Boyz2Society
  • Boyz2Society

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

sh*t, I don't see why not. We got one in the early 90s, one in the late 90s, why not one in the mid 90s. The main character, however, should be an east coaster since the game is gonna be mostly gritty and grimy street sh*t.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

I think they should make another GTA set in the mid 90s. But I think it should be set more like in late 1994ish. That's where the griminess started. Because honestly, GTA SA had a sporadic storyline. That game was supposed to focus on urban gang life, but it completely digressed from that topic. I say that we just write up ideas and just go to R* company to implement them just to make sure they don't leave out anything. Why wait when we could just go over there and do it?

How come that the 'griminess' started in the late 1994ish? If anything, that's when it ended. The crack epidemic toned down and the economy was improving, in consequence, crime rates dropped and cities began to improve.
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

How come that the 'griminess' started in the late 1994ish? If anything, that's when it ended. The crack epidemic toned down and the economy was improving, in consequence, crime rates dropped and cities began to improve.

Actually, the griminess continued through 1995 and up until late 1996. Even the hip hop back then had rappers making grimey rap songs, such as Method Man, ODB, Big L, Mobb Deep, and Onyx. So late 1994 would be the perfect setting for the game.

• ObsydianRaven likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users