Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time to remove characters random clothing switch?

45 replies to this topic
oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:33 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 16 July 2014 - 09:33 AM.

There should be an option to preset your own outfits, and the character will only cycle through those presets. Solves the problem of them changing into ugly stuff but keeps the idea in tact.

• EM_JAY_86 likes this

DirtSPP
  • DirtSPP

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:53 AM Edited by DirtSPP, 16 July 2014 - 09:54 AM.

F*ck you Franklin and F*CK YO YEE-YEE ASS PLAID GOLF SH*T I DIDN'T EVEN BUY THAT SH*T FROM THE STORE YOU F*CKING CGF GORILLA LOOKIN MUFUGA BEEEITCH

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Clothing option in GTA V isn't that good either, GTA Online gets like a million options on suits, casual wear, polo shirt, different jeans colours, ETC ETC ETC. SP gets a limited amount of full suits (especially Trevor, he has like what? 4/5 suit options?) And its weird that you can't wear a tie and vest to Michael and Trevor, but you can for Franklin. Also the designs are ugly, Online gets a million colour options, such as all black, charcoal grey, midnight blue, etc. Another way of showing that SP has gotten downgraded by Rockstargames

• SonOfLiberty, matajuegos01, Kampret and 1 other like this

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Ever since I got given that expensive plaid grey suit by that woman whose car got stolen, Franklin has done nothing but wear the suit pants with everything else that I've given him whenever I switch to him. It seems that Franklin has no sense of dress code or fashion. He even wears the expensive suit shoes with the suit pants but insists on wearing a hoodie from Binco and a backwards facing flat cap.

It's annoying and it seems that Trevor is the only character who doesn't switch clothing for me (it fits his character of not caring much). While, Michael actually wears good clothes from time to time however he can't match suit colours very often as sometimes he wears "clashing" colours. 

The "outfits" option should've been an option where we, as the players, can decide what outfits they switch to instead of switching to and from random articles of clothing like a wild, expensive pick-n-mix. Yet, I've noticed something peculiar. If you create an outfit but don't save it, very rarely do the characters wear those specific articles of clothing so perhaps its in the game but it's not very well implemented. 

• J-B likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

There should be an option to preset your own outfits, and the character will only cycle through those presets. Solves the problem of them changing into ugly stuff but keeps the idea in tact.

Exactly what I was thinking.

What is even more mind boggling is that you can actually change your freakin' golf attire just like a preset. I'm not even kidding, you can actually choose which polos and golf pants (available at Ponsonboy's once you unlock the golf attire), but not everyday clothing... 

What the Hell, R*.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by DrAnomalous, 16 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

I like the clothing switches. I used to change the outfits too often to care. It made it seem like they were going on with their lives instead of waiting for you to pick them up like a doll or one of Jeff Dunham's ventriloquist dummies. When I see people dress Michael douchier than his son or Franklin like an outdated gangbanger it kinda makes me happy they change their own clothes.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

Clothing option in GTA V isn't that good either, GTA Online gets like a million options on suits, casual wear, polo shirt, different jeans colours, ETC ETC ETC. SP gets a limited amount of full suits (especially Trevor, he has like what? 4/5 suit options?) And its weird that you can't wear a tie and vest to Michael and Trevor, but you can for Franklin. Also the designs are ugly, Online gets a million colour options, such as all black, charcoal grey, midnight blue, etc. Another way of showing that SP has gotten downgraded by Rockstargames

It sucks that Michael can't wear hats and he can't change shoes in his own warddrobe. Like WTF? Even Niko in the sh*t holes he lived in could do that. :p

• matajuegos01 and Kampret like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

This pretty much proves that R* put most of their efforts in Online

• Luddite likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

It sucks that Michael can't wear hats and he can't change shoes in his own warddrobe. Like WTF? Even Niko in the sh*t holes he lived in could do that. :p

Mike can change shoes but only when he's wearing dress pants or chinos...

Yeah, I don't know neither.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

It would be a good feature if we could customize our own outfits. And why can Michael wear a shirt with suit pants in a switch scene, but I can't select the same from his wardrobe?

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'd say remove it. I spent like two good minutes customizing Trevor to my liking and switch to Franklin. I drove around with him for a bit and switched back only to find Trevor on a mountain in a f*cking dress miles away from a house or clothing store. Like, the f*ck? It's annoying to have to drive back to a clothing store or house to change back into my clothing every time I switch characters. 

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

It wouldn't bother me if the clothing options were better.

Michael and Franklin usually don't bother me with their attire, but its worse with Trevor.

I'll dress him up in a nice suit or just generally make him look cleaner and more well kempt. Then when I switch back to him, he'll either be wearing nothing but underwear and shoes or he'll be back in that same filthy, bloodstained T shirt of his. I'm not sure why I even bother trying to make him look better, because he won't stay clean or fully clothed no matter what I do.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by BrokenLizard, 17 July 2014 - 09:16 PM.

It wouldn't bother me if the clothing options were better.

Michael and Franklin usually don't bother me with their attire, but its worse with Trevor.

I'll dress him up in a nice suit or just generally make him look cleaner and more well kempt. Then when I switch back to him, he'll either be wearing nothing but underwear and shoes or he'll be back in that same filthy, bloodstained T shirt of his. I'm not sure why I even bother trying to make him look better, because he won't stay clean or fully clothed no matter what I do.

Right. I pulled off multiple million dollar heists with him, I want to make him look like he isn't broke. Him wearing nothing but underwear in that short cutscene is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I like that create your own outfit idea, that would be nice.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'd say remove it. I spent like two good minutes customizing Trevor to my liking and switch to Franklin. I drove around with him for a bit and switched back only to find Trevor on a mountain in a f*cking dress miles away from a house or clothing store. Like, the f*ck? It's annoying to have to drive back to a clothing store or house to change back into my clothing every time I switch characters. 

That's basically why I find it annoying. It's pointless trying to customise the protagonists when it keeps changing the clothing.

• Misunderstood likes this

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

rockstar please give an option to turn this feature off it is annoying! Only character that wear nice clothes by himself is Michael. Trevor and Frank chose trash clothes i get this is their background and personaltiy thing but we take control in the game and we should decide.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by Xerukal, 18 July 2014 - 02:22 AM.

No need to completely remove it. Just rework it a bit. 

Let us have a "custom outfits" section in the wardrobe for each protagonist. Then we can save a bunch of outfits that the game will switch between when we are not using that character. So the protagonists will still feel like they're living their lives as usual and changing their clothes when you are not present, but the annoying element of the game just throwing random clothes onto them will be gone! 

Oh, and as for the instances where it wouldn't actually make sense for the protagonists to be wearing anything else. Like Trevor scaring girls out of the strip club (always naked, hence the "creep" factor) or Michael coming back from a bike ride (appropriate athletic clothes). Those could possibly just be made exceptions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users