Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time to remove characters random clothing switch?

45 replies to this topic
BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

While switching to a new character.

It does get annoying now because it happens very frequently. Why would I want to change their clothes, I dressed em that way for a reason.

Yay or nay?
  • GroundZero, SocalZHP, Target13 and 4 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Grand Theft Auto IV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by The7thOne, 15 July 2014 - 09:57 PM.

EDIT: Didn't read the full post, but my question still holds up.

OT: Maybe Rockstar is giving us clothing suggestions.

I thought you retired GTAO, BrokenLizard?

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Partially yay. If you dress em up a certain way and within 24 in game hours they've changed their outfits it's annoying. But after a certain amount of time it kinda makes it feel like they've been doing a lot of stuff while you weren't controlling them. I don't feel it happens frequently since I only quick save.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

In my opinion, YES. I hate that. And always will

• theGTAking101 and BrokenLizard like this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:28 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 15 July 2014 - 10:29 PM.

I absolutely despise when socially awkward Franklin comes out of a strip club yelling to his imaginary friends "ILL HOLLA AT Y'ALL LATER, PEACE" with that ugly ass striped shirt and checkered trouser combo. He only needs a fedora and he could be a true neckbeard.

• GroundZero, burnzy187, Gen4Yota and 10 others like this

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

EDIT: Didn't read the full post, but my question still holds up.

OT: Maybe Rockstar is giving us clothing suggestions.
I thought you retired GTAO, BrokenLizard?

I technically did. Playing only maybe a day out of a week or two.

But yeah, the outfits they have on when resetting are "ugly". Can't R* give em a better taste in style? Guess the Brits really don't know how Americans really dress.

J-B
  • J-B

Syrup Drenched

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Every time I find Franklin wearing those stupid f*cking plaid dress pants I just fire an RPG at his feet.
  • GroundZero, burnzy187, Cutter De Blanc and 3 others like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

It's not time to remove the clothing switch, it's time for R* to introduce a feature where we can dump clothes from the wardrobe.
  • alex3, Moonplayer and EM_JAY_86 like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

I don't mind it makes game feel more alive. Lol at op he probley plays 24/7, but just saying he only plays once every two weeks to make himself feel better
  • SCOOBASTEEB likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Damn, this is one of the things I actually like. It really adds to the illusion that the characters are living their own life.

So, if you guys dislike this feature, how do you solve issue when switching characters? Like if you had Michael wearing a suit, but when you switch back to him coming home from a bike ride?

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

At least allow us to delete items so they won't be options anymore.

I hate that yellow plaid shirt of Frank's

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

I like the tuna here

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I like how the characters change clothing because it gives you the sense that they've been living their lives actually doing things, but I agree that it is annoying that they change to unappealing or random clothing. It would be nice if the characters changed clothing, but only to outfits chosen by us. So, say you pick 5-6 different looks for your character that you like, you save them, and then your characters will only switch between those outfits and not random clothing.
  • GroundZero, Cutter De Blanc, theGTAking101 and 6 others like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

At least allow us to delete items so they won't be options anymore.

I hate that yellow plaid shirt of Frank's
  • theGTAking101 likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

It would be better if it cycled through more clothing, but it's always the same. Trevor is the worst. It's either his white t-shirt/jeans, a dress or just his underwear. It's annoying. I bought every clothing item over the 3 characters, but they'll wear like 3 different clothing options.

Del boy
  • Del boy

The Only Fool and Horse of the $treets

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Make the cycle longer and it will be all goods

Voggens
  • Voggens

Detective; Castellanos

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by Voggens, 16 July 2014 - 12:04 AM.

Trevor is the only one that usually stays with the clothes the player left on him, I don't mind what Michael is wearing because I like his set of clothes. But Franklin always wears what I dislike, I've never seen him with his default clothes again, he's always wearing that white CJ shirt with beige shorts in my game, or a hoodie with formal pants... I don't know which is worse, luckily he is most of the times in his house so I can change right ahead, if not, I change in the nearest shop, mostly in Suburban.

• Moonplayer likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

Rockstar did that for a reason. Realism. They're not gonna change it.

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

All I want is CUSTOM 'outfits' eg; saving a specific set of clothes to the Outfits section. Then only change between those set outfits. I don't want it removed completely though, otherwise it's like they're filthy people who don't wash or change their clothes, hah! I like how they seemingly go about their lives when you swap between them. Changing clothes is part of that immersion for me.

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 AM Edited by Delta India Echo, 16 July 2014 - 01:37 AM.

Rockstar did that for a reason. Realism. They're not gonna change it.

But the least they could do is make it bearable.

Watching Franklin with his fresh and cool style clothing in his wardrobe but only using the ugliest sh*t that somehow made it there without ever being bought is literally painful.

• Cutter De Blanc, theGTAking101 and Misunderstood like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

I've always had mixed feelings on this. On one hand it makes the protagonists seem more "älive", but on the other it can be quite annoying. It's like the game programmes itself to wear the least likeable clothing.

I remember once after completing "Deep Inside" and when I switched back to Franklin he was doing chin ups on the beach still wearing the f*cking tuxedo. Switching to Trevor can be annoying if he's only wearing underwear or throwing up in the fountain just with some pants on.

• Kampret and Misunderstood like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I don't know why they didn't integrate an outfit option. Delete and create outfits that your characters will switch between and maybe an undeletable default.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by Aleph-Zero, 16 July 2014 - 02:02 AM.

They could make like a 5-star rating system for clothes. The character will still cycle through clothes, but he will most likely be using the higher rated pieces.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

Maybe an option to disable it would be nice. i just hate when they wear the most ugly clothes combinations possible. And I've bought every piece of clothing possible so that makes it even worse.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

I hate how either Franklin changes the attire I gave him from looking like a homeless army vet to a gangbanger-who-still-can't-get-out-of-the-hood-even-though-he-lives-in-a-mansion and how Trevor is either always in a dress or in his underwear.

burnzy187
  • burnzy187

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Its not just clothes every time i switch to Franklin he has a full head of hair even tho i always keep him bald duf*ck!? his hair grows back over night 

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

I can dress myself, thank you Rockstar. *sass*

fangbutt
  • fangbutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

Dude, if you don't switch to a character for 24 in-game hours they should change clothes. The gimmick is they live their lives when you're not playing as them.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

I don't know why they didn't integrate an outfit option. Delete and create outfits that your characters will switch between and maybe an undeletable default.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Franklin's f*cking purple striped dress shirt. Lamar should beat his ass for wearing that. You don't see crips wearing red, why does Franklin insist on wearing rival gang colors? Worst part is, I didn't buy it, and it doesn't even show up in the wardrobe! He's just started wearing it one day with that dopey look on his face, fool doesn't even know he looks like a right dipsh*t. Motherf*cker dressing like he's the Ballas' investment banker or something.
  • Moonplayer, nobum62 and Delta India Echo like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Hyped for Windows 10.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Franklin's f*cking purple striped dress shirt. Lamar should beat his ass for wearing that. You don't see crips wearing red, why does Franklin insist on wearing rival gang colors? Worst part is, I didn't buy it, and it doesn't even show up in the wardrobe! He's just started wearing it one day with that dopey look on his face, fool doesn't even know he looks like a right dipsh*t. Motherf*cker dressing like he's the Ballas' investment banker or something.

What if he's actually betrayed the Families and went to the Ballas? Jk.

I'm with SoL here, it kinda adds immersion, but why in the name of God would they wear the worst clothing available in their wardrobe?

• SonOfLiberty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users