Photo

How To Store Cars Found in Missions

19 replies to this topic
PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by PrestoWater, 10 September 2014 - 06:08 PM.

This is patched unfortunately, you cannot use this to put insurance on mission cars, but you can still use this to repair cars, such as police cars since you cannot take them to the mod shop to repair them

Lately I've been seeing people post a topic in the GTA: Online section of the forums about the fact that you cannot put a tracker on a vehicle they've found from a contact mission. Daemons, the Nemesis, and a few others. BUT, there is a way to insure mission vehicles.

Step 1. Obviously, you'll need the vehicle.

Step 2. Get it to free roam. IF you do not know how, basically all you have to do is finish the mission, but if there is a cutscene at the end of the mission, you'll have to stay away from the mission-end marker while someone else activates it. At the vote screen, vote for free mode. Once you spawn, you should be driving the vehicle.

Step 3. Find a blue mission marker. Easy enough, the map is riddled with them.

Step 4. Park the vehicle so that once your character gets out, he'll be standing in the mission marker, and he'll enter it. It'll take you to a host/join screen, back out. EDIT: You MUST do this step intentionally to not work first, then do it correctly the second time (explanation at the bottom). To do so, park the car right in the middle of the circle. 

One of two things will happen:

• It'll spawn you outside the mission circle, and the vehicle is where you left it.
  • It'll spawn you inside the mission circle, and your character will walk to the outside of the circle. The vehicle is no longer where you left it.

If the first occurrence happened, it did not work. Enter the vehicle and rearrange it, and try it again. If the second occurrence happened, The vehicle should not be where you left it, which is a good thing.

Sometimes it's hit and miss which occurrence happens, but I have found the most success with placing the vehicle like so:

N8NdsaS.png

Step 5. Your vehicle should not be where you left it. It will now spawn nearby, in a few seconds. You'll have to look around for it, usually it'll be in view.

Step 6. That's it! The vehicle that spawns nearby will be like an identical that spawned off the street, meaning it has lost its mission-vehicle status. This vehicle is now sell-able and insurable!

Notes:

• If you are to do this solo, it must be a mission that ends on a condition, not a cutscene. For example, in "No Hay Bronca", the mission ends when you kill the gang leader (or let him get away). Pretty much every Martin Madrazo mission has you going back to his house, ending with a cutscene.
  • (Referring to step 2) At the vote screen, DO NOT quit/back out. You must vote free roam.
  • (Referring to step 3) When picking a mission marker, pick one near roads, preferably one with little side streets, to narrow down where the spawned vehicle will end up.
  • (Referring to step 4) Do not worry, this step is not a one-shot-one-deal. If it does not work, simply try again. If you press Y or Triangle to get in the vehicle and your character goes through the mission circle, it will not take you to the host/join screen, so if your vehicle is in the centre of the circle,you may still enter it, press Y/Triangle outside the circle and your character will cross over the circle.
  • (Referring to step 4) On rare occasion, once you back out of the host/join screen, it might switch session, meaning someone took your spot in the public session. Unfortunately, you will need to get the car from the mission again. To avoid this, back out of the host/join screen rather quickly.
  • (Referring to step 5) Like a personal vehicle, your vehicle will not spawn in an area you are currently looking at. Spin the camera around for a few seconds, then look for your vehicle.
  • (Referring to step 6) Most likely you will be in a public session, so get your vehicle insured before you get shot!

Explanation For Doing Step 4 Twice:

The first time you do step 4, when you back out, your personal vehicle will spawn nearby, effectively blocking the other vehicle from spawning on the street (Note this will only happen if you do it correctly the first time). If you do it incorrectly the first time, your personal vehicle will still spawn nearby, but the other vehicle will still be in the circle, not de-spawned. Now, when you do it correctly, your personal vehicle is already nearby, so it will not overwrite the spawn point the other vehicle is going to use. It will use a different spawn point. 

Additional Notes:

• Personal vehicles will not work, they keep the damage they have
  • For all the role-playing people out there, this will spawn a brand new of whatever vehicle you used, so police cars can be restored quite easily!

Hopefully this helps you out!

• hei3enberg, The7thOne, MrManBuz and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 15 July 2014 - 07:51 PM.

Good work

So will Editor and Thief be popular again?

Edit; ah, bet it ends at Chez Madrazo.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

This isn't new btw, it was used a long time ago for a now-patched duplication glitch. But good work for re-purposing it for good.

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Well, looks like it's finally time to sell my Phoenix. :p 

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Sooo....
In the mission Out of court settlement, I heard that it was possible to sell the Felon GT the target is driving for 20k.
With this glitch, will that car retain this value?

PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Good work

So will Editor and Thief be popular again?

Edit; ah, bet it ends at Chez Madrazo.

You'll need a friend to finish the mission while you are in the vehicle away from the house, then you won't get a cutscene!

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

I think I meant Out Of Court Settlement actually. The one with the $25K car, anyway.

henryborked
  • henryborked

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

I tried this with a Daemon from a gang attack because I read that it would work. It didn't. Was that my fault or does it just not work?

PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

I tried this with a Daemon from a gang attack because I read that it would work. It didn't. Was that my fault or does it just not work?

At what step did it not go as expected?

LostPXL
  • LostPXL

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

I would like to know if this works too so I can try and get a Merryweather Mesa again.

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Cool, thanks

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

I think I meant Out Of Court Settlement actually. The one with the $25K car, anyway.

I've been wondering for months why they removed an integral part of the games seem less nature. I wasnt aware there was a modified car in one of the missions. Surely it would have been smarter to edit the mission to have a stock car or a sports you can't sell than stuff up half the game??. Weirdos over there at Rockstar I tell you.

ShiviSRT-10
  • ShiviSRT-10

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by ShiviSRT-10, 15 July 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Hmmm...I remember hearing the Dominator from Cops Capacity was worth ~14k...I might try this method sometime and see if it works for that! Would be quite a nice semi-legit money spinner :)

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

I would like to know if this works too so I can try and get a Merryweather Mesa again.

someone can just call mercs on you and then you kill them and steal it. super ez.

Agent-Sanchez
  • Agent-Sanchez

Lombax from Veldin.

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Lately I've been seeing people post a topic in the GTA: Online section of the forums about the fact that you cannot put a tracker on a vehicle they've found from a contact mission. Daemons, the Nemesis, and a few others. BUT, there is a way to insure mission vehicles.

Step 1. Obviously, you'll need the vehicle.

Step 2. Get it to free roam. IF you do not know how, basically all you have to do is finish the mission, but if there is a cutscene at the end of the mission, you'll have to stay away from the mission-end marker while someone else activates it. At the vote screen, vote for free mode. Once you spawn, you should be driving the vehicle.

Step 3. Find a blue mission marker. Easy enough, the map is riddled with them.

Step 4. Park the vehicle so that once your character gets out, he'll be standing in the mission marker, and he'll enter it. It'll take you to a host/join screen, back out. One of two things will happen:

• It'll spawn you outside the mission circle, and the vehicle is where you left it.
  • It'll spawn you inside the mission circle, and your character will walk to the outside of the circle. The vehicle is no longer where you left it.

If the first occurrence happened, it did not work. Enter the vehicle and rearrange it, and try it again. If the second occurrence happened, The vehicle should not be where you left it, which is a good thing.

Sometimes it's hit and miss which occurrence happens, but I have found the most success with placing the vehicle like so:

N8NdsaS.png

Step 5. Your vehicle should not be where you left it. It will now spawn nearby, in a few seconds. You'll have to look around for it, usually it'll be in view.

Step 6. That's it! The vehicle that spawns nearby will be like an identical that spawned off the street, meaning it has lost its mission-vehicle status. This vehicle is now sell-able and insurable!

Notes:

• If you are to do this solo, it must be a mission that ends on a condition, not a cutscene. For example, in "No Hay Bronca", the mission ends when you kill the gang leader (or let him get away). Pretty much every Martin Madrazo mission has you going back to his house, ending with a cutscene.
  • (Referring to step 2) At the vote screen, DO NOT quit/back out. You must vote free roam.
  • (Referring to step 3) When picking a mission marker, pick one near roads, preferably one with little side streets, to narrow down where the spawned vehicle will end up.
  • (Referring to step 4) Do not worry, this step is not a one-shot-one-deal. If it does not work, simply try again. If you press Y or Triangle to get in the vehicle and your character goes through the mission circle, it will not take you to the host/join screen, so if your vehicle is in the centre of the circle,you may still enter it, press Y/Triangle outside the circle and your character will cross over the circle.
  • (Referring to step 4) On rare occasion, once you back out of the host/join screen, it might switch session, meaning someone took your spot in the public session. Unfortunately, you will need to get the car from the mission again. To avoid this, back out of the host/join screen rather quickly.
  • (Referring to step 5) Like a personal vehicle, your vehicle will not spawn in an area you are currently looking at. Spin the camera around for a few seconds, then look for your vehicle.
  • (Referring to step 6) Most likely you will be in a public session, so get your vehicle insured before you get shot!

Additional Notes:

•  
  • Personal vehicles will not work, they keep the damage they have
  • For all the role-playing people out there, this will spawn a brand new of whatever vehicle you used, so police cars can be restored quite easily!

Hopefully this helps you out!

It is very well explained. But i would have liked that there is a Tutorial in video so that I can better supplement that.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 10 September 2014 - 03:56 AM.

Has this been patched? I tried this method twice to be able to store a mission vehicle in my garage but both times the car vanished after quitting out of the Host/Join menu.

edit: Tried again with some random car from a mission, this time it did re-appear nearby on the street, fully repaired, but still gave me "This vehicle cannot be stored in your Garage." :(

hyperar
  • hyperar

I Abhor...Hipsters

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Has this been patched? I tried this method twice to be able to store a mission vehicle in my garage but both times the car vanished after quitting out of the Host/Join menu.

edit: Tried again with some random car from a mission, this time it did re-appear nearby on the street, fully repaired, but still gave me "This vehicle cannot be stored in your Garage." :(

Would you just read the thread, the third post has an answer to your question. Damn.

PrestoWater
  • PrestoWater

HUGE Vice City Fan

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Guys this is now patched, whatever vehicle you use will spawn with the "unable to store because it has been modified by another player". It's how Rockstar patched the give cars to other players glitch.  

I tried it out on a random NPC car and got same result, which I thought was quite funny. Then I got curious and tried with a police car, then took it to a mod shop, and got the message above. I thought that was hilarious.

But, you can still use this to repair police cars, or premium cars off the street, so I guess this trick still has some kind of use :D

elfoam
  • elfoam

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

Still works for gang attack cars.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Worked for Merryweather Mesa from the fort gang attack as of last patch. Not sure it still does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users