Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has anyone found a work-around for capture props disappearing?

22 replies to this topic
handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Post your solution if you have found one please.

Wouldn't it be great if the creator got some serious attention from R*? Let's hope this is coming.....in the meantime submit tickets to R* Support.

• Luissantiago9 likes this

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

aka V_A_L_K_R_I_E aka israelissac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

dynamic props stay put so far, problem with regular props still tho

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:10 AM Edited by mechluvin89psn, 19 July 2014 - 04:11 AM.

is it all regular props ive heard mixed reports some people say containers are the most frequent to disappear

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 19 July 2014 - 05:36 AM.

It happens in races too. I made one near the warehouses and a bunch are invisible.

Tire lines and barrels. Before the races starts. Horrible troll glitch they are. I recreated the race and it still does it.

Razor_S_Edge
  • Razor_S_Edge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

is it all regular props ive heard mixed reports some people say containers are the most frequent to disappear

It is a good majority of the regular props.  For instance last night every wrecked vehicle I placed would not be visible when testing, only when placing.  A chain link fence I placed moved itself up almost the height of my character when I went to test the match.   

Not very good at all of R* to neglect this.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yes they are disappearing.

Plus, wtf is wrong with no option to toggle Invincibility on/off???! It's hard for me to test if respawn works as desired, which in fact it wasn't. Setting respawn point on water with Seashark as respawn vehicle don't work at all. Must I respawn player on land with Seashark jetski on their ass? 

They didn't f*cking think this thoroughly.

Luissantiago9
  • Luissantiago9

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

I did I got rid of all the props and then I hosted with some ransoms then I went back put everything back and hosted it again and they were all there
I did I got rid of all the props and then I hosted with some ransoms then I went back put everything back and hosted it again and they were all there

Razor_S_Edge
  • Razor_S_Edge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Plus, wtf is wrong with no option to toggle Invincibility on/off???! It's hard for me to test if respawn works as desired, which in fact it wasn't. Setting respawn point on water with Seashark as respawn vehicle don't work at all. Must I respawn player on land with Seashark jetski on their ass? 

When I use re-spawn vehicles I do not use re-spawn points.  That has always seemed to work well.  However, the downside is that the player will re-spawn close to where they died at.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

um, what?

Mejor en espanol?

Luissantiago9
  • Luissantiago9

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

I got rid of all the props from my capture and I pelted it with Randoms but they all quit obviously I had no props.
After I went back to creatore and put back all the props And when I went to play it again with Randoms all my props were there

cg1221
  • cg1221

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by cg1221, 22 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.

EDIT: Wrong tab lmfao

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

I got rid of all the props from my capture and I pelted it with Randoms but they all quit obviously I had no props.
After I went back to creatore and put back all the props And when I went to play it again with Randoms all my props were there

Not sure if I believe you or not.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'm confused.  I tested my map and the props weren't there.  

You guys are saying that after I save and publish you guys aren't see the props either?  When I played mine the props were there.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

You guys are saying that after I save and publish you guys aren't see the props either?  When I played mine the props were there.

Your statement contradicts itself.

Have you created a capture in the last 2 weeks?

If YES, did you use props?

If YES, are your NORMAL (not dynamic) props appearing?

The answer for the rest of us is NO.

We see them in creator mode, but in test mode they are vanished, and when playing live they are vanished.

Luissantiago is not credible in this forum so we dont take anything he says seriously....still looking for a credible person to post if they have found a workaround and hopefully they are articulate enough to explain it.

• Razor_S_Edge likes this

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Your statement contradicts itself.

Have you created a capture in the last 2 weeks?
If YES, did you use props?
If YES, are your NORMAL (not dynamic) props appearing?

The answer for the rest of us is NO.
We see them in creator mode, but in test mode they are vanished, and when playing live they are vanished.

Luissantiago is not credible in this forum so we dont take anything he says seriously....still looking for a credible person to post if they have found a workaround and hopefully they are articulate enough to explain it.

Was doing well until last night when I played a created map I made 2 days ago and none of the props showed. That was during testing and regular game play. Went back in editor and props were still there.

Let me know when it's fixed.

kjonah
  • kjonah

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

i'll send you a text message from my ifruit 

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

might have a solution but I haven't tested it as I only make races not capture mission

I make massive ramp races and the problem I had was that the some ramps I made wouldn't

spawn/render until you hit the ramp or even went through it completely before it would spawn.

to fix this problem I place the dynamic prop "explosive barrel" on to the edge of the of the ramp,

now the ramp spawns/renders quicker.

it happened to other ramp I made and for that ramp I placed the explosive barrel down first then

built the ramp through/over the barrel.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

might have a solution but I haven't tested it as I only make races not capture mission

I make massive ramp races and the problem I had was that the some ramps I made wouldn't

spawn/render until you hit the ramp or even went through it completely before it would spawn.

to fix this problem I place the dynamic prop "explosive barrel" on to the edge of the of the ramp,

now the ramp spawns/renders quicker.

it happened to other ramp I made and for that ramp I placed the explosive barrel down first then

built the ramp through/over the barrel.

Nice, thanks for sharing :) , will test this out on my stacked ramps as had exact same problem, was always on lap 1 after that they appear normally.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:53 PM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 01 August 2014 - 01:03 AM.

This is a rendering issue and has more to do with how many player vehicles (aka constantly variable objects that need/get higher rendering priority than static objects) are co-located when approaching your ramps. I have played many races where entire chicanes constructed out of barriers did not render and 14 cars blew through a street only to crash into the barriers the second lap because the cars were more spaced out on the 2nd lap and the racers weren't expecting to see them because they didnt render on the first lap.

This is totally different than what is happening with  capture props. Capture props are NOT appearing at all under any circumstances in live play or test mode in recently created captures.

Next week we shall see if the creator got the attention it sorely needed this month or not.

pocpiz
  • pocpiz

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hello !

For the race : put a single ramp or container just in front of the beginning . ( not for use  in the race but just to force the console to put this object in memory) after this you will never have the first ramp "not visible" or appear at the last moment .

For capture : no solution at this time ( since the 1.14 we have this problem ) :( 

Have a nice day 

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 04 August 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Important note that I should mention. 

Remember when console freezes happened daily? We later figured out the issue, it was rendering.

The reason people froze was due to the fact that when events happened in freemode such as someone fighting off a 5 star wanted level or even someone knocking down a pole, it had to load for everyone and it overloaded some people's consoles. Even if you were in a solo lobby, if a pedestrian did something stupid far away, the game would snap and freeze your system. 

Once the freezing issue was fixed, they reduced sniper aiming, car/pedestrian rendering and loading. So this is definitely connected.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

When I use re-spawn vehicles I do not use re-spawn points.  That has always seemed to work well.  However, the downside is that the player will re-spawn close to where they died at.

Gotta try that one. Thanks, man.

Luissantiago9
  • Luissantiago9

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

This will work delete everything from the map you made
After that play it
Then return to content creator and place everything back
Then play it again