Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Temporarily Resolved] Mobile & Desktop Problems

Best Answer Tank, 21 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

This problem should be temporarily fixed (again) but we are yet to track down the cause. Our only option is to restart the PHP pool, but obviously this isn't a long-term solution.

However we know which script is causing the problem and we now have additional error logging in place, as well as an uptime monitor so we will know as soon as the script stops working again.

Go to the full post

181 replies to this topic
Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by Franceska, 31 July 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Update:

The issue has returned. Thanks Obama!

The issue has been resolved. Thanks GTAForums staff!

You know the icon for notifications, messages and other bunch of stuff no one really cares about on the mobile site? Yeah. That isn't working for me no matter how many times I touch it. 
Using Android 2.3 Default Browser Samsung Galaxy S Plus never had this problem before until today.

And the desktop issue:

It happened as of Today. 

Desktop:
Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m
Windows 7 Home Premium x86 

Add-ons:

AdBlock Plus
Google Drive
Imgur
Stylish 
APNG (Animated PNG) 

Nothing new installed.  Never had the problem. 

Adam is this your fault?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

On your phone I'd try force-closing the web browser app and then try again, alternatively try in a different browser. For your desktop, try Ctrl+F5. If that doesn't work, clear all your internet history involving this place. That's the CSS that's gone corrupt somehow methinks.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by Franceska, 15 July 2014 - 11:38 AM.

On your phone I'd try force-closing the web browser app and then try again, alternatively try in a different browser. For your desktop, try Ctrl+F5. If that doesn't work, clear all your internet history involving this place. That's the CSS that's gone corrupt somehow methinks.

Yeah, I did a page check and it turned out that the CSS was returning a 502 Gateway error. Already tried the force-close though, but no luck when I tried. 

The CSS on the page seems alright now as I checked the file and tried for a live version.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

This has been raised in the staff forum, a number of us are experiencing issues with drop down menus and scripted elements on mobile in particular, using both mobile and desktop modes.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Lots of problem with the desktop version. Quotes don't load, the full post version does not fully load, a hell lot of bugs added to the already big list of annoyances.
  • Drive_ByShooting and WinkingSkeever6 like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

This may explain my issues with the site as well. Clicking the notifications button goes straight to the User CP. Even on another computer same thing. Cheers.
  • Detective Phelps and FranklinDeRoosevelt like this

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'm also.. well, was having the same problem lol. The drop down on the top right corner on mobile to log in doesn't drop down. Going from mobile version to desktop also doesn't work, it auto scrolls to the top. Doesn't work on the conventional internet widget on my Galaxy S3 4G

Currently using Google Chrome on mobile & everything is fine :)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

I am having this issue with the button top right as well. It does nothing when I touch there. Also "full version" button just brings me to top of page. I usually use the default LG browser. I just tried it on chrome and had same issue...but also could not find any form of "reply" option either so I had to switch back. It was noted in another thread that many others are having the issue so I guess we just wait it out.
  • MrCamo likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by Andreas, 15 July 2014 - 03:01 PM.

I'm experiencing the one or the other error, as well. For example, when I browse the forum on my phone and click on the notification icon, it instantly goes to the long notification list, rather than opening the small drop down which includes the last ten notifications. The same happens with the PM icon. And clicking on my username on the top of the page automatically opens my profile page.

No of these issues are present on my desktop PC, though. There is one problem that happens on both devices, however. The forum works very slowly but it's just a temporary thing. Right now it works just fine for me, but that might change in the next few seconds.
  • MrSemiFunny likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:38 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 15 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

When I hit post, my post goes through but it doesn't appear for me until I either refresh the page, or come back to the thread later :blink:

Desktop version, on PC btw.

Edit:  And of course with this post, it decides to work properly :lol:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Andreas...thank you so much for that link...it at least allowed me to check my messages.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

I blame Adam.

GtaFiveLs
  • GtaFiveLs

/////BlackSeries.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Same issue here, i cant view the forum in "full version" on my phone.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:57 PM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 15 July 2014 - 05:03 PM.

Same problem here, something's broken and I've tried different browsers & platforms, FF & IE & Chrome on PC and FF & Chrome on tablet and also going through a VPN on both tablet & PC case it was a DNS issue in case there's an issue with content from a 3rd party site not being loaded, but nothing I've tried works.

The text editor box no longer shows the control code options for bold/italics etc. and the drop down box on my username at the top right of the screen no longer works.

I can't quote replies anymore.

In the editor this post has 5 separate lines of text but when I post it they'll all be truncated together.

What's broken?

edit: ok now the post has been un-truncated after editing, but i still don't get the full text editor & dropdown box next to my username

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V looks stellar! :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:15 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 15 July 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Yes, go ahead and place me on this roster of flukes as well. I am currently enduring the same two problems as 'Crunch McThornbody' is. Whereas the 'Quote' tab is visible under posts' signature sections, the text editor interface is not displaying in its entirety at all, and the absence of the quote frames is making it difficult to distinguish quoted text. Albeit some infrequent instances of pages hanging and loading in fragments, I have never had any other problems on GTA Forums outside of this. :)

Edit 1: And upon submitting my post, it appeared twice, which I promptly deleted.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Been seeing a lot of people double-posting like above, including our very own Raavioli.  Must be another error o_o

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Ok. I managed to do some fiddling with the Change Theme and since the default mobile theme for IPB is #2, I've set my "GTAForums 2014" as the mobile site, to check what's going on exactly with the notification button.

It seems that http://gtaforums.com.../index.php?g=js is returning a 502 Gateway error.

KFf6YJ6.png
FKSYMty.png

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Now I just need to fiddle with the website myself to get back to the desktop version. (Can't edit the post above)

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Yup, this is definitely something on their side. sh*t is f*cked up for me on both Chrome & Opera, and has nothing to do with any add ons or internet speeds. Just have to wait it out

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Notice I've lost all the editing in posting as well, everything else seems to be working ok

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

We're aware of the issue and the admins are trying to solve it. Seems to have something to do with a recent update to CloudFlare.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Is there a way the admins can change my skin back to the default one through the database by any chance, Ryan? I'm stuck using the mobile version on the desktop. :(

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Is there a way the admins can change my skin back to the default one through the database by any chance, Ryan? I'm stuck using the mobile version on the desktop. :(

how I fixed it when I was having problems on mobile.

if this doesn't work try deleting your cache and cookies.

2014-07-06150124.png

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Having no luck clicking on "Follow". Sorry for the useless post, I want to see when this issue is fixed.

GtaFiveLs
  • GtaFiveLs

/////BlackSeries.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

This succkkkksss :(

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

@Honed, I deleted my cache and cookies 5 times but as soon as I log in, it reverts to the mobile site on a desktop. I don't even have that option on my phone because I'm using the default browser.

CloudFlare: We gladly mess up your site for free. :^:
  • AlienTwo likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

I'm using the default browser as well....this is why I don't work in technical support I suppose. I'm on android 4.2.2 and it works fine (galaxy s4 rooted)

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Sucks I'm stuck in the mobile version of the website on the desktop, though. xD Hope this is fixed really soon.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

I hope this gets fixed soon, it's giving me a headache trying to work out who said what in people's posts as reply comments aren't nested anymore. :(

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Tools no longer work. (Like changing font, color of text, etc.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users