Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to block unwanted user created deathmatches (xbox360)

95 replies to this topic
H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:33 AM Edited by H8GodMode, 21 July 2014 - 03:53 PM.

For months on end this has been a huge problem I've seen ppl complain about. No one wants to be thrown into 10000000rp or nonsense matches, right?
By doing this you will only get put into Rockstar Created and Verified matches (and friends created content if you pick that as your option)
We'll here is how you block them....

Xbox Home > Privacy > Change Settings > Customize
Scroll down to Content tab
Click on Member Content
Choose either "Blocked" or "Friends Only" ( I chose friends only)
Hit Back > Save And Exit
The game will ask you to log out. Do so.
Log back in and you're good to go.

You'll never see any of those crappy deathmatches again.
When you log into GTA online it will give you an alert that user content has been blocked. Hit ok and sign in. Best thing since sliced bread

edit: Known issues and work-arounds:

1. Crew Tattoo/Clothing Logo's Dissapear - no fix for this.

2. Get stuck in loading animation going into Garage/Apt. if cars inside have Crew Logo's on them - simply disable blocked content, reload game, remove crew logo's from cars. enable block content again, reload game. should work now.

3. Cannot create playlists (Vital for Heads Up Crew vs Crew TDM) - have a friend create the playlist and send you an invite, then you can join, or disable blocked content. (edit: you can edit your existing playlists)

4. Cannot Alter Your Custom Created Jobs. - disable blocked content. re-enable when done.

5. Cannot join Custom map you want to play - add creator as friend.

6. Cannot Access in-game crew menu from the pause menu - use rockstar social club website.

and the obvious solution to any of this is to just go home, disable, then re-enable when needed. it takes no longer than 2 minutes to change and be back into the game.

• nicky9499, Daniel_B, Anger Personified and 20 others like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

goddamn i want this for ps3
  • Ermacs, Detective Phelps, bronysplatter and 5 others like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

Dude I about crapped my pants when I seen it worked

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by wanes, 15 July 2014 - 06:39 AM.

Gonna do this right now, f*ck those sh!tty DM's

• Ninjambie and TexasKilldozer like this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Doesn't that just block ALL invites?

More details please. :)
  • Heists, itrpatrick and FAT CURRY like this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Mods, do something crazy and PIN this please! Wahoo!

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

So this is for when you join a random deathmatch, correct?

• ireallylikethis and NBAKingzFan10 like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:44 AM Edited by H8GodMode, 15 July 2014 - 06:46 AM.

No. It blocks "user created content". If it's content a friend created you can still play it. You can also play rockstar verified maps.

If it isn't verified you shall never see it again. No more 1000000rp, sh*tty custom maps, sky high melee stupid matches ect.

This is the holy grail my fellows
  • Anger Personified, ParanoiaX, RAS_ZeroZ and 1 other like this

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

No. It blocks "user created content". If it's content a friend created you can still play it. You can also play rockstar verified maps.

If it isn't verified you shall never see it again. No more 1000000rp, sh*tty custom maps, sky high melee stupid matches ect.

What else does it block - besides the fake deathmatches?

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:49 AM Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg, 15 July 2014 - 06:50 AM.

ALOT OF MONEY TO RACE or pretty much any other race around the map.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

I guess same for races created by users that you don't want to play.

Otherwise it doesn't block anything you'd need

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Great find, OP.  Definitely gonna try this.  It's not just those rigged DMs that are the problem, but the stupid troll races... and even the "honest" ones that are nothing but ramps and ramps and more ramps...

A feature I'd really love to see them implement, that I think would solve so many people's problems, is the ability to blacklist any job or mission (even the R* created ones) so that you're never put into it again.  It'd let the people who wanna grind RR do their thing, and the people like me who are sick to death of it never have to see it anymore...

• FAT CURRY likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Make sure you choose friends only option. That seems like the best option. Otherwise it will block access to the creator.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

Custom anything. But its dumb cuz some user created stuff is awesome. Does it block invites from auto invite and play

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

I just happened to post about this very problem in the B&M thread a half hour ago.. you seriously read my mind OP! Thank you! (:

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this but.... for once I envy you Xbox owners.

• RAS_ZeroZ, DaTwista, RoachKiller_416 and 2 others like this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

No it specifically blocks user created deathmatches and races by people who aren't on your friends list. Ie getting tossed into 1000000rp 5 times in a row when tryna to get into a quick DM from your phone
Please don't let this thread fall victim to the 10000 glitch threads. I feel this benefits us so much more

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 15 July 2014 - 07:00 AM.

Its not worth it. You will be blocking yourself from joining even if you want and from the good ones. I believe it also might disallow you to make screenshots and your own custom content but that one may be age related as well. It also blocks ALL games, some might be crucial on created content.

psilocybonaut
  • psilocybonaut

Psychonaut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Finally a thread that isn't comprised of people bragging about money glitching, or asking of theyre gonna get in trouble incriminating themselves and generally being stupid about something that does not need to be talked about so much.
  • TexasKilldozer likes this

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

You Sir...are a genius who deserves a Nobel Prize. On behalf of all the killers, rapists, psychos, madmen, maniacs, and generally bad people of Los Santos I'd like to thank you for making our life of sin much easier.
  • DaTwista likes this

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:06 AM Edited by H8GodMode, 15 July 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Its not worth it. You will be blocking yourself from joining even if you want and from the good ones. I believe it also might disallow you to make screenshots and your own custom content but that one may be age related as well. It also blocks ALL games, some might be crucial on created content.

Your wrong sir.all it blocks is user created, non verified content ie deathmatches and races.

I've played a couple hours and everytime I hit quick DM I'm guaranteed a map I want to play.
This benefits all the people who've faced the same issues I've faced. Eliminates your down time looking for maps.
  • TexasKilldozer likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Your wrong sir.all it blocks is user created, non verified content ie deathmatches and races.

I've played a couple hours and everytime I hit quick DM I'm guaranteed a map I want to play.
This benefits all the people who've faced the same issues I've faced. Eliminates your down time looking for maps.
Guess you are mistaking what I mean will all games. All games as in you won't be able to play custom games in Halo or join a world in Minecraft. Not talking about GTA.

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

If R* would only transfer my save data from PSN to XBOX I would go and buy an XBOX right now so I can finally say good bye to every single UGC bullsh*t!

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

ebajxu.png

Spoiler

Lol probably some random user created deathmatch.

• stonedpimpso, marco-polo, RoachKiller_416 and 3 others like this

vanchovega
  • vanchovega

head cheerleader, homecoming queen, part-time model

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

no love for ps3? v _v

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

As a very active member of the creator community i thank you for spreading this information. like this, the people we don't need joining our jobs will actually keep themselves away. someone who is too lazy to actively find himself some quality jobs, only to then get on these here forums and bitch about the quality of matchmaking and custom content, someone like that will also not care to read the description of a job and therefor, for example, will .get stuck mid-race because he picked a Sanchez for a Sandking race. Then follows that one thing such people usually are never too lazy to do, which is to dislike your job. should you have the bad luck to get in to any kind of argument with someone like that, and be it that you just point out to them that the description clearly stated in BOLD AND ALL CAPS which vehicle(s) to use (just in case the title "Sandking your Sandking through Sandking Sandking Sandking" wasn't obvious enough), then you will often find out the next time you check your jobs that  a huge amount of dislikes has just materialized out of thin air. how such lazy, ignorant and petty pissants even have enough friends to pull off something like that is a book with seven seals to me.

• marco-polo, Dani_elle, Zorvaine and 1 other like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

As a very active member of the creator community i thank you for spreading this information. like this, the people we don't need joining our jobs will actually keep themselves away. someone who is too lazy to actively find himself some quality jobs, only to then get on these here forums and bitch about the quality of matchmaking and custom content, someone like that will also not care to read the description of a job and therefor, for example, will .get stuck mid-race because he picked a Sanchez for a Sandking race. Then follows that one thing such people usually are never too lazy to do, which is to dislike your job. should you have the bad luck to get in to any kind of argument with someone like that, and be it that you just point out to them that the description clearly stated in BOLD AND ALL CAPS which vehicle(s) to use (just in case the title "Sandking your Sandking through Sandking Sandking Sandking" wasn't obvious enough), then you will often find out the next time you check your jobs that  a huge amount of dislikes has just materialized out of thin air. how such lazy, ignorant and petty pissants even have enough friends to pull off something like that is a book with seven seals to me.

The problem is that for every one person making decent content there are god knows how many making crap, tedious, time-wasting rubbish. Got stuck in a race yesterday for about 10 minutes because the creator had boxed everyone on a rooftop with a load of pixel perfect jumps needed to complete the race. You can't quit out if you don't want a bad sport warning, don't blame people for finding ways to avoid this crap. Blame the morons who keep making rubbish races and stupid death matches.
  • Detective Phelps, RAS_ZeroZ and RoachKiller_416 like this

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Guess you are mistaking what I mean will all games. All games as in you won't be able to play custom games in Halo or join a world in Minecraft. Not talking about GTA.

You could always change the settings to what OP suggested when you're about to play GTA, then switch 'em back once you're done if you're planning to play Halo or Minecraft later.  Pretty sure these changes aren't permanent, are they?  ( <- rhetorical question)

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

OP, you are now my favorite member. Thanks so much for this. I've been so frustrated trying to join real death matches and 4/5 it's "MEGA RP $1000000"

If we ever meet irl I'll buy you a case of beer or a bag of weed or whatever you like.
  • Milesinho and H8GodMode like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

This is a good trick, rarely do I join a decent custom job that ain't made by a friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users