GTA V PC May Only Have One Disk

43 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Well, Origin Store recently got rid of physical copies since there was almost noone who bought physical versions.
The only times when I buy physical is with Collectors Editions. I pre ordered TW3 CE for PC, so...

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I dont buy games in disk since a lot of time, but no way the entire game will enter in only one disk. Impossible

The game will be like 30 - 50 gb

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

As far as I'm concerned the PC version of GTA V will have 0 disks.  It's digital or nothing for me.  Besides, the disks have cooties and Steam is the condom for your digital penis. 

:p

• PsychoGamer3 likes this

ienvy
  • ienvy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

I think its well accepted nowadays that digital distribution is what PC users are all about.

The only time I use my DVD drive is if Im doing a clean install of windows.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

I think its well accepted nowadays that digital distribution is what PC users are all about.

The only time I use my DVD drive is if Im doing a clean install of windows.

Lol, try USB. A lot faster.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

GTA V PC will have no discs if you buy it at steam...

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well I think we can confirm it's not going to be Blu Ray as if there was any doubt. At the end of the next gen trailer where it lists all the available platforms in logo it says PC DVD ROM. So that's that.

This means it's impossible for the game to be one disc. I'm placing my bet on 3 discs. Absolutely no more than 3. Final answer.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Geeteeaifive, 19 July 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Steam is good, but I still prefer to have physical disc, so that I can install it right away instead of waiting to download. Also some have bandwidth caps that means it's not possible to download it, if the game exceeds their bandwitdh limit.

Currently the highest capacity disc available is the quad layer Blu-Ray (BDXL) at 128GB. Then they're going to come out with a 200 and even a 300GB version.

You must be living in america or uk or some other country where internet service providers charge a fortune for "air" literally. I get raw 12mb dl per sec to anywhere outside of my country and up to 100mbs inside for less than 15$ a month. And i'm talking real 12 megabytes a sec not 1mbs or 100kbps lol. Also whats up with bandwidth, isps charge for BANDWIDTH? REALLY? Here it's like 1tb of it for 1 dollar. Youre paying for gov debts not internet.

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm really doubt about this, because the game is so big, including the HD maps, HQ textures and vehicles, etc. Looks like that GTA V has more than one discs, maybe 3 discs (counting the protagonist in the game with its own artwork in every discs)

HesamB
  • HesamB

Yesterday watched a whole season of The Office :|

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Steam is good, but I still prefer to have physical disc, so that I can install it right away instead of waiting to download. Also some have bandwidth caps that means it's not possible to download it, if the game exceeds their bandwitdh limit.

Currently the highest capacity disc available is the quad layer Blu-Ray (BDXL) at 128GB. Then they're going to come out with a 200 and even a 300GB version.

You must be living in america or uk or some other country where internet service providers charge a fortune for "air" literally. I get raw 12mb dl per sec to anywhere outside of my country and up to 100mbs inside for less than 15$ a month. And i'm talking real 12 megabytes a sec not 1mbs or 100kbps lol. Also whats up with bandwidth, isps charge for BANDWIDTH? REALLY? Here it's like 1tb of it for 1 dollar. Youre paying for gov debts not internet.

You live in internet heaven then, I on the other hand live in the hell.

fastest internet speed in our country is 4 mb/s and they dont give more than 128kb/s speed to home users !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

averege download speed is 40KB/s and we pay about 2 dollars for 1 gigabyte. monthly bandwidth is averege 2 gigs :D

god kill us now !

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

You live in internet heaven then, I on the other hand live in the hell.

fastest internet speed in our country is 4 mb/s and they dont give more than 128kb/s speed to home users !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

averege download speed is 40KB/s and we pay about 2 dollars for 1 gigabyte. monthly bandwidth is averege 2 gigs :D

god kill us now !

Pff... That sucks. I get 150 MB/s (basically 15 MB/s real download speed) for 15 Euros. And this price includes HD TV channels and Telephony services. Well that's something that us Europeans have and Americans don't, hehe. 

• r34ld34l and momoTR like this

anobelp
  • anobelp

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:13 AM

Impossible. With enb and HQ textures, It might be 50GB. I hope its 15GB bit its probably at least 50GB (GTA 4 was 14GB and GTA 5 is 4x bigger)

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

As other people have said in this thread, It's most likely a place holder. There's no way that they could fit all the upgraded textures and other new content onto one disk!

xboxshqip
  • xboxshqip

Crackhead

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by xboxshqip, 05 September 2014 - 09:50 AM.

i have a Steam drive lol

really my only physical copies are Bad company 2 MW2 and BF3

since there i have gone digital 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users