What do you think happens after death?

138 replies to this topic
Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Listen, ignorant mortals! After death, your soul will reach the banks of River Styx in the Underworld. From there, The Ferrier of the Dead will ferry you across the Styx with other souls in a boat to the other shore. After that The Judges of Dead will judge your life. If you were bad, you will be sent to the Fields of Punishment. If you were good, you will be sent to Elysium for eternal happiness. If you were neither good or bad, meaning you just lived an ordinary life, you will be sent to the Fields of Asphodel, where nothing happens till eternity. No happiness, no sadness. Mortals! This is my message for you. Improve before its too LATE.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Nothing, just an eternal state of nothingness. Which you won't experience because there is no you anymore.

• Miamivicecity, ddyoung, Killerdude8 and 1 other like this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

I think we lay 6 feet under until our bodies decay and they reuse our grave for a more recent dead person.

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Don't Fear The Reaper.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

I think we MAY get reincarnated as a another person.So maybe I am you in the last life,and you are me. Everyone is everyone.You are me,me are you.

You sir just blew my mind.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

I think we MAY get reincarnated as a another person.So maybe I am you in the last life,and you are me. Everyone is everyone.You are me,me are you.

Exploding-head.gif

• Miamivicecity, Killerdude8 and LightningLord411 like this

GtaFein
  • GtaFein

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

You become worm food.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

You go to either Heaven or Hell. This earthly body will decompose in the ground. But your spirit will continue, whether in eternal joy with being Jesus Christ & God and all Christians from around the world.. OR you'll suffer for eternity in hell. Simple as that, OP.

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Professional air breather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by igotskiz, 18 July 2014 - 03:10 AM.

When I ask, "what happens after death," I mean what happens to your consciousness, not your body. for those answering that we go into the ground or get cremated. That's obvious.

Probably should have been more specific with the topic title.

You go to either Heaven or Hell. This earthly body will decompose in the ground. But your spirit will continue, whether in eternal joy with being Jesus Christ & God and all Christians from around the world.. OR you'll suffer for eternity in hell. Simple as that, OP.

What denomination are you? I used to be Baptist, since that's who most are here in Georgia. 

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:11 AM

When I ask, "what happens after death," I mean what happens to your consciousness, not your body. for those answering that we go into the ground or get cremated. That's obvious.

Probably should have been more specific with the topic title.

What denomination are you? I used to be Baptist, since that's who most are here in Georgia. 

Well, I don't really have a denomination I subscribe to. I do visit an Assembly of God church, but I ain't really down with sticking with denominations. I just worship Jesus and go by the Bible.

igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Professional air breather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Well, I don't really have a denomination I subscribe to. I do visit an Assembly of God church, but I ain't really down with sticking with denominations. I just worship Jesus and go by the Bible.

Wish more people were like you. Too many people rely on what they've been told what the Bible says instead of reading what the Bible says.

Anyways, that's off-topic.
  • Judicious 7 likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Maybe when you die, you wake up. Maybe life's just a long dream. I like to think it is.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

I doubt there's anything.

To me, the ideal post-mortem existence would be one where your consciousness remains fully intact and you're able to stay on Earth as a ghost and get to see humanity progress. There would also be an option to slip yourself into a comatose state for however long you want if you ever get bored. Obviously you'd also have the choice to complete erase yourself from existence so you don't go mad from the horrific reality of eternal existence without meaning.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Edwin
  • Edwin

oi f*ckboi do u wanna get spooked?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

We all just turn into amazingly talented dancing zombies.

I have video proof too.

• Killerdude8 and LightningLord411 like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Either Heaven or Hell, I pray that it's Heaven for me (and everyone else for that matter).
  • Judicious 7 likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

We all just turn into amazingly talented dancing zombies.

I have video proof too.

Thrillah! Thrilaaah!
  • Edwin likes this

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

I came here to post this theory. It's impossible to experience not existing, so what will become of us?

vanillestorms
  • vanillestorms

Dead City SS

• Members
  • Falkland-Islands

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

Nothing, just an eternal state of nothingness. Which you won't experience because there is no you anymore.

Pretty much this.

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Funky Jazz

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, same as above
I never liked the thought of having to live for eternity in any place, it scares me more to live forever then to eventually just to be not aware of the fact your dead. 

Just pretty much like before you were born, and if not i sure as hell am in for a surprise! 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:47 AM Edited by universetwisters, 19 July 2014 - 01:47 AM.

Maybe when you die, you wake up. Maybe life's just a long dream. I like to think it is.

Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the stream

Merrily, Merrily, Merrily,

Life is but a dream

• WhatsStrength likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:53 AM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 19 July 2014 - 02:51 AM.

Realistically, I don't think anything happens. You die, and you're pretty much asleep for the rest of eternity.

On the other hand, I like to believe that after you die you are reborn as someone else entirely, with absolutely no recollection of your previous life(lives?) and so your life technically goes on forever. It's an interesting theory to think about. Maybe time is simply a construct of the mind, which in turn means that if you don't actually die and your consciousness is simply transferred upon death, you could be reborn at any time in the future or any time in the past. Maybe you're all constructs of my mind or vice-versa. Maybe we're all everybody else.

Maybe.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

You rot in the ground.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

perhaps death is just a transition from one stage of life to another.  perhaps when you die you move on to being reborn in another dimension.  ill believe anything before a religion nut comes and tells me that you go to heaven and see jesus.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

http://io9.com/58917...nt-way-possible

^The most interesting theory I've read.

^This is probably the most likely answer though.

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

The realist in me believes, like plenty of others in this thread, that there is nothing after death. Just a void. Complete darkness, complete silence, not that I'd have any way of acknowledging that. But, how the hell do you describe 'absolutely nothing'?

That, or there's a parallel world where you take on the form you were happiest in during life (so, if you were at your happiest in your 30s, you'd be in your 30s) and meet up with all the loved ones who died before you. I remember being told this as a kid when my parents were trying to counsel me through grief (my first real encounter with death; my grandma had just died), and all I could imagine was her in her 20s, sitting around a big round table with a bunch of relatives I'd never met.

Do I believe in heaven and hell? Not really. Whether I should or not, I don't know.

what if you where never really happy had a very s**tty life 

My parents didn't really cover that part, seeing as how I was 12 and all.

I guess you'd just finally feel a sense of peace. If life was that bad and itbwas finally over. But truth be told, I tend to just believe in the whole 'ceasing to exist' thing, considering I'm no longer an over-sensitive 12-year-old.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

The realist in me believes, like plenty of others in this thread, that there is nothing after death. Just a void. Complete darkness, complete silence, not that I'd have any way of acknowledging that. But, how the hell do you describe 'absolutely nothing'?
That, or there's a parallel world where you take on the form you were happiest in during life (so, if you were at your happiest in your 30s, you'd be in your 30s) and meet up with all the loved ones who died before you. I remember being told this as a kid when my parents were trying to counsel me through grief (my first real encounter with death; my grandma had just died), and all I could imagine was her in her 20s, sitting around a big round table with a bunch of relatives I'd never met.
Do I believe in heaven and hell? Not really. Whether I should or not, I don't know.

what if you where never really happy had a very s**tty life

My parents didn't really cover that part, seeing as how I was 12 and all.
I guess you'd just finally feel a sense of peace. If life was that bad and itbwas finally over. But truth be told, I tend to just believe in the whole 'ceasing to exist' thing, considering I'm no longer an over-sensitive 12-year-old.

Really all comes down to religion and what the individual believes in.

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Probably the same like when some ant is crushed to dead - ant's heaven (for good ones) or ant's hell.

If you've been a bad ant, you'll be continuously crushed, but that's also where all the good looking ants are, so I guess it's worth it. 

For mapping purposes it's on Orion's Belt (if you book it previously) or the Pleiades (if you're a last min booking).

A lot of ants on both places waiting to take a bite on you/us.

This also kinda proofs that Suarez was a (good) ant some time ago, due to good behavior there he was sent back here again...

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

Probably the same like when some ant is crushed to dead - ant's heaven (for good ones) or ant's hell.

If you've been a bad ant, you'll be continuously crushed, but that's also where all the good looking ants are, so I guess it's worth it. 

Now I'm curious on what an ant has to do to be bad.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, LightningLord411 and igotskiz like this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Killerdude8, 21 July 2014 - 11:02 PM.

I don't want to know to be honest, The whole nothingness after death is terrifying, everything I am, everything I was and everything I could've been, is just poof, gone.

I like to think, when we die, we just relive our life memories unknowingly for eternity.

Dr. Sadler
  • Dr. Sadler

Don't Fear The Reaper.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

I like to think, when we die, we just relive our life memories unknowingly for eternity.

This would be nice.

• Killerdude8 likes this

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

Front wheel drive can f*ck off

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Well, since your brain cells diminish and you are no longer concious, nothing. You won't even be aware that you're dead. It'll be like a really long nap, or kind of what it was like before you were born... And of course I don't know for sure, but we'll all find out one day. It scares the crap out of me, though, especially with how little time we have on this planet. It always fills me with an immense sense of dread whenever I think of how it all just stops. That life just ends and all there is after is eternal blackness. I'd rather not think about it. In the meantime, let's just enjoy ourselves, huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users