What do you think happens after death?

138 replies to this topic
THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

You decompose, become amazing fertilizer, and then become one with the earth.
  • frankenstein107 likes this

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by RiaJay21, 15 July 2014 - 06:25 PM.

The realist in me believes, like plenty of others in this thread, that there is nothing after death. Just a void. Complete darkness, complete silence, not that I'd have any way of acknowledging that. But, how the hell do you describe 'absolutely nothing'?

That, or there's a parallel world where you take on the form you were happiest in during life (so, if you were at your happiest in your 30s, you'd be in your 30s) and meet up with all the loved ones who died before you. I remember being told this as a kid when my parents were trying to counsel me through grief (my first real encounter with death; my grandma had just died), and all I could imagine was her in her 20s, sitting around a big round table with a bunch of relatives I'd never met.

Do I believe in heaven and hell? Not really. Whether I should or not, I don't know.
  • IveGotNoValues likes this

Viscacha
  • Viscacha

• Members
  • East-Timor

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by Viscacha, 15 July 2014 - 06:23 PM.

This is not a joking matter.

Did I seem like I was joking?

Yeah and it was very offensive to people who believe reincarnation.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

You wake up outside the hospital several hours later, minus your weapons and 5K.
  • trip, SonOfLiberty, Target13 and 12 others like this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Your rectum will give up. But if You mean more metaphysically, silence happens.

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

grond thoft auto

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

Do you guys think the mind preserves itself? Maybe stretches thinking and memory out long enough to be almost infinite or something like that? 

If time is subjective, maybe the brain has some sort of defense in place so that dying off doesn't seem like dying off, kinda like how it releases huge amounts of dopamine. Just an idea, I'm no scientist, and even if I was there's probably no way to test that yet.

How is that possible?

Dead people don't have brains.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by Carbonox, 15 July 2014 - 08:57 PM.

I can't know what happens after death, and I'm probably better off that way. I've got my suspicions that the afterlife is true, with various different people from different religions (plus atheists) having had those near death experiences, but I prefer not to specifically subscribe to any sorts of beliefs until I witness it myself first.

It's kinda double-edged, really. Nothing generally makes me happier than the thought of an eternal reality where I could literally do anything I've missed during my short stay in this evil world. But then again, the slight thought in the back of my mind that such a place might not exist, makes me aim to live this life to the fullest right now so I wouldn't have to feel bitter about anything on my deathbed.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

mustache-_0006_ned-flanders.jpg
  • SolidSnails likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 15 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Do you guys think the mind preserves itself? Maybe stretches thinking and memory out long enough to be almost infinite or something like that? 

If time is subjective, maybe the brain has some sort of defense in place so that dying off doesn't seem like dying off, kinda like how it releases huge amounts of dopamine. Just an idea, I'm no scientist, and even if I was there's probably no way to test that yet.

How is that possible?

Dead people don't have brains.

No, like while the brain is dying, when you're losing all the bloodflow to it, the brain realizes what's happening and stretches time out really thin.

Probably doesn't happen, but whatever.

ctan800
  • ctan800

Hot-Headed Beat Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

/title.

What do you think happens when your time on Earth is up?

Do you think there is no afterlife and everything just goes blank and stops existing, do you think you are reborn, you go to an eternal place of infinite happiness, etc.?

I personally beleive we:

-Go to our own instanced environments with infinite resources where there is no starvation or dehydration (a little hunger and thirst, sure, to make food and drink still a part of life and something to quench and fufill).

There are lush environments with no pests, just wondrous creatures. No predators (still be lions, jaguars, etc. of the like, (assuming they're in that environment) but they wouldn't be killers).

No death.

Easily build any creation and be able to put in anyone of any personality in. 

Playing god, basically.

or

-Start over again but with the ability to skip around our life and having control of the flow of time and being able to set save points. You could live life with no regrets.

If you messed up your teenage years, you could go back and kiss your highschool sweetheart and be the captain of the football team.

You can zip back to being a kid and riding bicylces with your buddies down the street and waking up on Saturdays and watching cartoons.

You can be an adult and plan your future out, land that amazing job you always wanted, go visit the world, go on humanitarian trips, etc.

Be whoever you wanted to be.

I have a lot of ideas of what happens, but here are just a couple.

What do you think will happen?

Be respectful of others. That also means to not be condescending, not just avoid insulting.

Unless in the next 55 years that they develop conscience transfer, or transplanting brains into cyborg exoskeletons, I am going to assume the world goes blank.

I usually am afraid to answer questions like this. And I don't ever think too deeply into it either. But I reason since mother nature puts so much pressure on us to survive and stay living, there is nothing on the other side. 

But I think it'll be awesome if I was a cyborg. Hopefully that'll prolong the human race indefinitely until the universe crunches back in. 

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

Ah, I remember when I made this topic and then another guy made the same topic before this one. Good times.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

I find it weird that I was watching Family Guy and Stewie asked the same question.

Anyways, I said nobody knows for sure. Like someone said earlier, it's weird that life is about enjoying what we have and surviving. What is the point of surviving if as of now we are all going to die? Oh well. Enjoy what we have now. Hopefully someone can invent an afterlife for us if there isn't one. Or something. Idk.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 16 July 2014 - 12:16 AM.

I'm hoping that they'll have some sort of advanced life potion invented soon, so I can live into the 100's. In the meantime, we should get our brains cryogenically frozen, so in the future they can unfreeze us and put our brains in robots or something.

Robot_Spongebob2.jpg

Just a thought, man.

• Spaghetti Cat, Stinky12, universetwisters and 2 others like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

^

Genius. :lol:

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

Not sure why everyone fears the 'eternal nothingness'.. if we didn't realize a thing before our birth, we certainly won't after death if eternal nothingness is what happens.. so no need in fearing, you just won't exist anymore.

I'm not a religious person, I don't believe there's a God or Creator or some deity.. so I don't expect much when I die, I rather embrace it, it's inevitable, no need in hiding from it, fearing it or trying to prolong my life. Just live with what you got, enjoy your life, do what you wish.

However, if there is a God and a Heaven and Hell.. and I have to state my case to God like they say you must.. I'd just be like 'No need to explain my life, you know how I lived, right? But I have two questions, sir, ma'am... 1. Can we drink beer up here?, 2. Do you have a gamertag?'

If I'm cast to hell, before being burned in eternity, I'll just be like 'Two questions, Satan, Lucifer... 1. Can I just skip the torture sh*t and be like a servant or some sort of warrior demon badass? and 2. Do you have a gamertag?'

• Target13 and Edwin like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

Level 29 Titan on Destiny PS4.

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

Everything goes blank but I'd like to believe that you get your own paradise when you die if you deserve it, kind of like in that episode of American Dad.  Would be pretty sweet.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

The realist in me believes, like plenty of others in this thread, that there is nothing after death. Just a void. Complete darkness, complete silence, not that I'd have any way of acknowledging that. But, how the hell do you describe 'absolutely nothing'?

That, or there's a parallel world where you take on the form you were happiest in during life (so, if you were at your happiest in your 30s, you'd be in your 30s) and meet up with all the loved ones who died before you. I remember being told this as a kid when my parents were trying to counsel me through grief (my first real encounter with death; my grandma had just died), and all I could imagine was her in her 20s, sitting around a big round table with a bunch of relatives I'd never met.

Do I believe in heaven and hell? Not really. Whether I should or not, I don't know.

what if you where never really happy had a very s**tty life 

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

Your 'soul' probably slips into another deminsion or stays trapped here in the physical world. Is there a choice to stay here or go? who knows? Hell, we might get reincarnated into something else. We'll all find out some day.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Now with free shipping!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

When you die your soul goes to a place where there's no evil, darkness or bad feelings; only love, happiness and harmony.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nah man, you just rot into the ground as insects eat you and steal your carbon.

• cookiemonster14 and frankenstein107 like this

Viscacha
  • Viscacha

• Members
  • East-Timor

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

mustache-_0006_ned-flanders.jpg

Oh great, we're posting may mays now?
  • Yolo Swaggins likes this

waymuu
  • waymuu

Hey Larry check this out I can change my member title

• Members
  • Martinique

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Death is just like going to sleep. When you're in a deep sleep that's what death is like. Theirs nothing more to it than that.

To put it another way it's like a scene in a movie when the screen fades black that's what dying is like.

Have you ever fainted? I liked the idea of it being like falling asleep until a couple months ago when I fainted for the first time. You get a little discomfort, have trouble walking, maybe your head starts to get light, maybe your stomach starts to feel like you're gonna puke, and then lights start to get brighter and slowly everything fades to whites and greys and you just go out.

you make fainting sound so beautiful. for me, it's usually just me getting up too quickly, then i feel light headed, the curtains close and i drop.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

FlameAS
  • FlameAS

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

I believe in God, Heaven, and Hell. I believe that after your death, your soul will be sent in the place you deserve, either Paradise or Hell.

• Detective Phelps likes this

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:19 AM Edited by Stinky12, 16 July 2014 - 03:42 AM.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:38 AM Edited by EphemeralStar, 16 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

I would LIKE to think that once we die, we are able to chill and re-watch our lives again on a giant TV.. somewhere. Presumably in "Heaven" 
But, I really have no idea what happens and no one truly will until they die. I'd hate to think that nothing happens and we just cease to exist.. but the sad truth is, if that's the case there's nothing we can do about it and the universe goes on without you. 

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Not sure why everyone fears the 'eternal nothingness'.. if we didn't realize a thing before our birth, we certainly won't after death if eternal nothingness is what happens.. so no need in fearing, you just won't exist anymore.

I'm not a religious person, I don't believe there's a God or Creator or some deity.. so I don't expect much when I die, I rather embrace it, it's inevitable, no need in hiding from it, fearing it or trying to prolong my life. Just live with what you got, enjoy your life, do what you wish.

However, if there is a God and a Heaven and Hell.. and I have to state my case to God like they say you must.. I'd just be like 'No need to explain my life, you know how I lived, right? But I have two questions, sir, ma'am... 1. Can we drink beer up here?, 2. Do you have a gamertag?'

If I'm cast to hell, before being burned in eternity, I'll just be like 'Two questions, Satan, Lucifer... 1. Can I just skip the torture sh*t and be like a servant or some sort of warrior demon badass? and 2. Do you have a gamertag?'

Wonderful :^:

russler97
  • russler97

russeler97

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

I think there is life after death I mean there are many people who have said they have died and see haven I mean even a 4 year old kid said it and with all these ghost sightings also I mean why would people make it up??? Its like when people said they thought the earth was flat and then someone said it was round they though he was crazy and it turned out to be right so I think its a bit like that one day I believe we will fine out about it.......

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

why

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:18 PM Edited by Xavierr, 16 July 2014 - 12:19 PM.

Touchy subject is touchy...

I think there are other dimensions out there, and that none of existence is real...

Like, I feel the universe is a giant conscious brain, and we're just events playing out in its mind.

So in a way, kinda like reincarnation , but when we die , our consciousness just floats around until it can find a new host, probably in another dimension, thousands of years from now.

When we're dead I think we become metaphysical forms of consciousness ( something like in the movie contact), but don't remember any of it when our consciousness finds a physical host.

It's like this life is fake, and we're all in a coma waiting to really wake up.

*takes a hit*

^ so that barely makes any sense^
Heres some videos that also barely makes any sense
in a poor attempt to clarify what I'm thinking.

• Tyler and Bosh96 like this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

i died. get cremated. so it's either:

A. I sit about in a f*cking ornament upon a mantelpiece for the rest of eternity.

B. I get tossed away and some bastard bird eats me then sh*ts me out. The rain then washes me away or some daft dog licks me up and then sh*ts me out (again). I then fertilize some poor little bit of grass or tree. I get sucked up the roots and eventually turn into oxygen which is then breathed in by some crazy nutcase. i enter his lungs and go through is bloodstream and into his brain....you get the idea.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

I think there is life after death I mean there are many people who have said they have died and see haven I mean even a 4 year old kid said it and with all these ghost sightings also I mean why would people make it up??? Its like when people said they thought the earth was flat and then someone said it was round they though he was crazy and it turned out to be right so I think its a bit like that one day I believe we will fine out about it.......

You also dream at night and that doesn't mean that what you've dreamed has really happened. Same could be applied to the visions caused by sleep paralysis and so on.

Kowai7108
  • Kowai7108

Never shoot at a gun on the floor,it might shoot back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

I think we MAY get reincarnated as a another person.So maybe I am you in the last life,and you are me. Everyone is everyone.You are me,me are you.
  • Marwin Moody likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users