Photo

What do you think happens after death?

138 replies to this topic
igotskiz
  • igotskiz

Mediator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by igotskiz, 15 July 2014 - 07:22 AM.

/title.

What do you think happens when your time on Earth is up?

Do you think there is no afterlife and everything just goes blank and stops existing, do you think you are reborn, you go to an eternal place of infinite happiness, etc.?

I personally beleive we:

-Go to our own instanced environments with infinite resources where there is no starvation or dehydration (a little hunger and thirst, sure, to make food and drink still a part of life and something to quench and fufill).

There are lush environments with no pests, just wondrous creatures. No predators (still be lions, jaguars, etc. of the like, (assuming they're in that environment) but they wouldn't be killers).

No death.

Easily build any creation and be able to put in anyone of any personality in. 

Playing god, basically.

or

-Start over again but with the ability to skip around our life and having control of the flow of time and being able to set save points. You could live life with no regrets.

If you messed up your teenage years, you could go back and kiss your highschool sweetheart and be the captain of the football team.

You can zip back to being a kid and riding bicylces with your buddies down the street and waking up on Saturdays and watching cartoons.

You can be an adult and plan your future out, land that amazing job you always wanted, go visit the world, go on humanitarian trips, etc.

Be whoever you wanted to be.

I have a lot of ideas of what happens, but here are just a couple.

What do you think will happen?

Be respectful of others. That also means to not be condescending, not just avoid insulting.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

In b4 religious nuts. But i think everything goes blank.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Broadcasting live from my mom's basement.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 15 July 2014 - 06:26 AM.

I imagine it's the same as before you're born - nothing. It's kind of freaky to think about.

• Kippers, Mister Pink, markwey and 4 others like this

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

I think everything just goes blank, yes. Terrifying to think about, sadly. But I guess we all have to met that some day.

And who knows, maybe there is a god, and a heaven, same with the devil, and hell.

But I can't say I believe in those two, or don't believe, so I'll go with the most logical.
  • ctan800 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

you turn into a ghost

• RedBull FM likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

When you die your soul goes to a place where there's no evil, darkness or bad feelings; only love, happiness and harmony.

• ten-a-penny likes this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:51 AM Edited by im_stoned, 15 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.

Death is just like going to sleep. When you're in a deep sleep that's what death is like. Theirs nothing more to it than that.

To put it another way it's like a scene in a movie when the screen fades black that's what dying is like.

The only thing I believe in is biology and biology proves the only purpose of life is to breed if their was another life why would this world revolve around breeding ? if the world was magic then why are women programed to jump from dick to dick to get pregnant ? Why are men programed to have sex with as many women as possible to impregnate as many women as possible.?

Animals are the same look it up.

If heavan,god whatever you wanna believe in or call it. If their was such thing why is breeding in this life so important ? if ''magic'' did exist people would breed because they want to not because their hard wired to crave sex like a drug addict craves drugs

I'm not here to bash people who believe in god you can take it that way but it's not what I meant. I personally don't believe in an after life or god but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

I admire religious people who are in it for the right reasons. They are strong people and I respect them. I personally try to follow the good messages of the religious code/s because it's what I've believed in from a young age and It pisses me off when someone acts like a horrible human being and justifies it by responding ''theirs no god''

even if their isn't a god you can still be a decent, positive human being.

I also despise people who justify violence and terrorism and claim it's in the name of ''god'' and im saying this about all religions it doesn't matter what one you follow how the f*ck can you sit their and say god endorses the murdering of innocent people ? seriously !? what the f*ck !? it would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Take Muslims for example their lovely people but then you have these f*ckwits blowing sh*t up and claiming its in the name of allah ! NO ! I haven't read the Koran but I know it has some heavy stuff in it but last time I checked so does the bible what a sensible person does is take the good, positives messages from the book and discard the rest.

It's really that simple to me and anybody who disagrees is missing the point completely why would god/allah ect create this beautiful world and encourage hate ? he wouldn't, exactly !

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

On death, the Life Sprite leaves the dead host and seeks a new host.
Now, you can assign any religious gobbledygook or superstition you want.
A Divinity might be involved in reassigning to the next host (thus giving credence to the Heaven and Hell) by where and what race the assignment is.
OR
It might be chance (fates)
All of which may account for stories of DEATH severing the ties that bind the spirit to the body. [Death doesn't kill, that is Fates job.]
To lore of GHOSTS, where the spirit is staked to a particular place or item (Haunting).
Might even have a little remembrance of a past life (basis of Reincarnation).

Since there is one thing the living do know is ... we don't know which if any is true.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 15 July 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Death is just like going to sleep. When you're in a deep sleep that's what death is like. Theirs nothing more to it than that.

To put it another way it's like a scene in a movie when the screen fades black that's what dying is like.

Have you ever fainted? I liked the idea of it being like falling asleep until a couple months ago when I fainted for the first time. You get a little discomfort, have trouble walking, maybe your head starts to get light, maybe your stomach starts to feel like you're gonna puke, and then lights start to get brighter and slowly everything fades to whites and greys and you just go out.

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

RETURN TO THE VOID! ETERNAL NOTHINGNESS!
BWAHAHAHAH!

....No seriously, that's what I believe. No Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory to spend your "death" in.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Nobody knows.

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

Does this look like the face of mercy?

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Not much, you decompose and make your final contribution to the carbon cycle.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Have you ever fainted? I liked the idea of it being like falling asleep until a couple months ago when I fainted for the first time. You get a little discomfort, have trouble walking, maybe your head starts to get light, maybe your stomach starts to feel like you're gonna puke, and then lights start to get brighter and slowly everything fades to whites and greys and you just go out.

Nah it haven't, but that sounds pretty horrible. :( I get light headed and my stomach feels weird from time to time so I can imagine it. feeling light headed is the worst.

lets all pray we leave this world in the most peaceful way possible

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

I've always believed in an actual afterlife where your spiritual self/soul goes after your material self/body goes after it dies, having been brought up religious. In the end though, we really don't know, but that's just my angle at it.

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well, it depends on the deceased's wishes. You either end up as a generous helping of wormfood, or a pile of ash in an urn.

For real though, we're all doomed to pace the aisles of the Wal-Mart in the clouds for all of eternity.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

We reincarnate in Lego minifigures.

1239.jpg

Those are the faces of desolation after discovering that due to the nature of their anatomy they won't be able to masturbate in their whole lifes.
  • markwey, na89340qv0n34b09q340, WhatsStrength and 3 others like this

RoadkillGumbo
  • RoadkillGumbo

Unwashed Heathen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

I use to believe that you either went to heaven or hell, but now I believe you cease to exist.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

I believe you enter a dream state until you eventually wake up and reincarnate with no recollection of your past life. That or your sprit leaves your body and you become a ghost, having to gain energy to manifest and "live on".

I would imagine it a difficult task or else there would be ghostly figures everywhere including animals, but if it is eternal darkness, i hope i have no sentience during it or else it would be hell itself, as i regret any decisions i made before i died.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Leise rieselt der Schnee

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by Preusse, 15 July 2014 - 01:37 PM.

Your brain dies and with it what's called the soul, since it's generated in the brain and doesn't exist somewhere else. Sucks that life is pointless.

That's what I believe. I hope I'm wrong though, I love the thought of an afterlife in a paradise or of becoming a ghost with special abilities or angel with wings or god knows what. The imagination of a blank void after death is just too disappointing for me.

Viscacha
  • Viscacha

• Members
  • East-Timor

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

1239.jpg

Those are the faces of desolation after discovering that due to the nature of their anatomy they won't be able to masturbate in their whole lifes.

This is not a joking matter.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

This maybe:

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

1239.jpg

This is not a joking matter.

Did I seem like I was joking?

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

You play GTA Online for eternity. Hell isn't it?

• Left4TheUndead likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Occasionally that question comes to mind. It's a scary thing to think about... I always think everything becomes nothing when you die. Just- blank. Sometimes I believe in reincarnation.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

1239.jpg

Not being able to masturbate would be worse than hell.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

When you die, you die. That's it. There's nothing afterwards. Your body decays, your mind decays, everything goes back to where it came from. That's it. So make the most of life while you can; do not count of "pleasures" of the afterlife.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

When you die, you die. That's it. There's nothing afterwards. Your body decays, your mind decays, everything goes back to where it came from. That's it. So make the most of life while you can; do not count of "pleasures" of the afterlife.

You died before?

• Left4TheUndead likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Everything goes blank but I'd like to believe that you get your own paradise when you die if you deserve it, kind of like in that episode of American Dad.  Would be pretty sweet.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 15 July 2014 - 04:45 PM.

Do you guys think the mind preserves itself? Maybe stretches thinking and memory out long enough to be almost infinite or something like that? 

If time is subjective, maybe the brain has some sort of defense in place so that dying off doesn't seem like dying off, kinda like how it releases huge amounts of dopamine. Just an idea, I'm no scientist, and even if I was there's probably no way to test that yet.

Nah it haven't, but that sounds pretty horrible.

Before I knew what was happening it was terrifying, I thought it was a heart attack or something. Besides feeling sick, I don't think it actually felt very unpleasant, and I'd love to do it again just to get that lightheaded feeling, if only it wasn't dangerous.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by iEdwin, 15 July 2014 - 03:29 PM.

You play GTA Online for eternity. Hell isn't it?

Nah, that's more like purgatory since there'd be nothing to do.
  • CartmanKusanagi, Sting4S and igotskiz like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users