Photo

Tommy walks weird on pc version.

18 replies to this topic
Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:59 AM Edited by Raz3r95, 15 July 2014 - 02:17 AM.

I hate how Tommy walks. If i walk sideways, his legs crosses to the direction i want to go, but his upper body still stays directly.

It looks funny and retarted at the same time.

Or if you shot the magnum and try to move, he presses his legs together and his ass literally disappears for a second.

If you finnish gta sanadreas and get used to CJ Walk animation and start playing vice city again, you really feel the difference.

Actually Tommy only looked badass in the cutscenes.

In ingame, he was the biggest buggy retard ever

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

Don't ever diss the Vercetti strut.

• universetwisters, Kalvin, Mr. Jago and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Don't ever diss the Vercetti strut.

Especially when he can overtake a speeding car on foot, provided the speeding car is going at a steady speed of about 30 miles an hour.

• SonOfLiberty, Mince, xNCx and 3 others like this

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Especially when he can overtake a speeding car on foot, provided the speeding car is going at a steady speed of about 30 miles an hour.

Basically this. Tommy has weird animations, but I find him to be the easiest to control protagonist in the entire series; he moves very quickly (even quicker than Claude?), responds well to direction changes, enters vehicles quickly, and gets up quickly after a fall.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

I laughed... :lol:

Whacky character, yeah :D

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

That's true, but you can dance with Tommy, lol!

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 15 July 2014 - 12:33 PM.

It's exactly like Tommy falling, -5 health point for each 1,000 meters (not really, but you get the idea of him being almost invincible).
The only thing that could stop Tommy is a M4...and water.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by Legomanarthur, 15 July 2014 - 12:04 PM.

It's exactly like Tommy falling, -5 health point for each 1,000 meters (not really, but you get the idea of him being almost invincible).
The only thing that could stop Tommy is a M4.

Nope water :D
I don't understand why R* made Tommy being almost invincible and perfect in every aspect, he seems overpowered for me. :)

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Drugs?

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Hey, there's absolutely no point in complaining about the old games now.
I don't find anything that you just can't deal with it anymore.
Install the mod and appreciate this gem of a game rather complaining about it. :angry:

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

VC is still an arcade game, not the-sims-alike.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

VC is still an arcade game

Old is Gold. :)

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Well he walks like a retard on PS2  too so PC version has nothing to do with it.

Anyway that`s not Tommy`s fault but it`s because of sh*tty animations back in 2002. But than again all 3 protagonists from 3D era walks like a complete morons except CJ and Vic who are tho only twoo who`s walking animations are more realistic.

Just look at Claude and Toni, they look like they have four legs when they walk or run. You can`t blame on Claude and Tommy because those games were released in 2001 and 2002 but you can ask yourself what kind of crappy animations they did with LCS in 2006.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 16 July 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Well he walks like a retard on PS2  too so PC version has nothing to do with it.

Anyway that`s not Tommy`s fault but it`s because of sh*tty animations back in 2002. But than again all 3 protagonists from 3D era walks like a complete morons except CJ and Vic who are tho only twoo who`s walking animations are more realistic.

Just look at Claude and Toni, they look like they have four legs when they walk or run. You can`t blame on Claude and Tommy because those games were released in 2001 and 2002 but you can ask yourself what kind of crappy animations they did with LCS in 2006.

Well, Toni and Vic have the same animations, ironically. You have just lost your point there.
Also, Claude's PS2 animations are pretty well done too, feel more natural than the PC ones.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Well, Toni and Vic have the same animations, ironically. You have just lost your point there.
Also, Claude's PS2 animations are pretty well done too, feel more natural than the PC ones.

Yeah well VCS and LCS have pretty similar if not the same animations including voices and sounds but yet when Toni runs he looks like a spider on 4 legs but when Vic does that it looks more realistic.

But whatever thing like that doens`t bother me because game overall is just great (VC)

But since we are already discusing animations, VC has some of them pretty messed up. Like when you cornered somewhere and you try to go past some ped, he wont back off for nothing he will just stand there and each time you bump him he will just bent and twist his upper body but he wont move for sh*t. That can be a pain in the ass sometimes. It happened to me one day i`ll never forget how frustrated i was and angry, i haven`t save my progress for a very long time so i completed Umberto`s mission naval engagment. So Tommy returned to caffe to deliver the packages but guess what happened to me.

There was some ped standing inside the caffe and Tommy couldn`t go pass him. And that dumb idiot just didn`t want to move so Tommy was bumping into that guy for like a 15 or even more minutes and that guy was just twisting his torso. After 20 minutes have passed i realised that this wont come to an end so i had to reload my save which took place about 17 missions back. 

Damn i was angry like hell i almost crashed my PS.

So from that time on i`m saving my progress on every 3 missions.

Talking about crappy animations.

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

The only thing that could stop Tommy is a M4...and water.

Water? In my VC, he is jumping on the sea! WTF you talking about? :D

And Tommy acts quite flexible in every situation. It is bit unrealistic but he is fun to play.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 16 July 2014 - 11:25 PM.

Yeah well VCS and LCS have pretty similar if not the same animations including voices and sounds but yet when Toni runs he looks like a spider on 4 legs but when Vic does that it looks more realistic.

But whatever thing like that doens`t bother me because game overall is just great (VC)

But since we are already discusing animations, VC has some of them pretty messed up. Like when you cornered somewhere and you try to go past some ped, he wont back off for nothing he will just stand there and each time you bump him he will just bent and twist his upper body but he wont move for sh*t. That can be a pain in the ass sometimes. It happened to me one day i`ll never forget how frustrated i was and angry, i haven`t save my progress for a very long time so i completed Umberto`s mission naval engagment. So Tommy returned to caffe to deliver the packages but guess what happened to me.

There was some ped standing inside the caffe and Tommy couldn`t go pass him. And that dumb idiot just didn`t want to move so Tommy was bumping into that guy for like a 15 or even more minutes and that guy was just twisting his torso. After 20 minutes have passed i realised that this wont come to an end so i had to reload my save which took place about 17 missions back. 

Damn i was angry like hell i almost crashed my PS.

So from that time on i`m saving my progress on every 3 missions.

Talking about crappy animations.

I think that's the A.I, not the animations, anyways, VCS/LCS have the exact same animations and yes, I agree, VC's animations are the weirdest of all.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Prankster

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

@CasualSergiu, you`re right that`s AI not animation. Anyway that`s what i meant.

When you play HD games for long period of time and than you return back to good old 3D you are so disapointed that you just want to quit. AI of peds and other animations are so f*cked up compare to HD that it seems completely ridicolous.

And i have to agree with author of this topic on that one about how Tommy looks tough only in cutscenes. It`s true just look at him outside the cutscenes, he misteps a few steps down and he loses like 10% of health and he is all "ouch". I mean get out of here.

Not to mention that mute prick Claude or Toni who can`t beat down a cop with bare fists only.

The only one who looks realy tough outside the cutscenes is Vic. And CJ but only when he has 100% muscles otherwise he looks like a complete joke and thank god you have an option to make him buff because i wouldn`t want to play with him if he would stay the same as he is at the start.

3D era was a huge hit and i prefer it to HD but when it comes to AI and other animations HD shadows it completely.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

Naa I like it. It's cool when characters walk slowly instead of fast like Niko did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users