GTA IV does shootouts

37 replies to this topic
SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Favorite gun sound in IV was that desert eagle one i forgot the name of it but yall know what i mean

Kampret
  • Kampret

Video game tryhard.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

I think it is funny how I see a lot of users here praising IV when I remember them trashing it before V released.

Rockstar dropped the ball in some areas, but this is just nit picking based on preference. I have a few years worth of fond memories with IV which makes me more inclined to say it does things better until I go back and play it again and notice how sloppy everything is. I prefer the feeling and atmosphere to V's shootouts so I guess I need to head over to the V section and start a thread about how V does it better?

When VI comes out I know for a fact V is going to be the superior game as well as the best in the series. When VII comes out...

1. People who hated IV were mostly different people than the one who hated V.

2. It is well known that V's shootouts were more fast-paced (like first person shooters), and IV were slow-paced (like third person shooters).

3. No. V was a wasted potential, it's a great game, but R* f*cked it up with their greed by focusing on Online.

• ..GhosT, Official General, IGhostUlt and 1 other like this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

I think it is funny how I see a lot of users here praising IV when I remember them trashing it before V released.

Rockstar dropped the ball in some areas, but this is just nit picking based on preference. I have a few years worth of fond memories with IV which makes me more inclined to say it does things better until I go back and play it again and notice how sloppy everything is. I prefer the feeling and atmosphere to V's shootouts so I guess I need to head over to the V section and start a thread about how V does it better?

When VI comes out I know for a fact V is going to be the superior game as well as the best in the series. When VII comes out...

2. It is well known that V's shootouts were more fast-paced (like first person shooters), and IV were slow-paced (like third person shooters).

3. No. V was a wasted potential, it's a great game, but R* f*cked it up with their greed by focusing on Online.

1. The joke is that R* can't please everybody

2. Face-Paced =/= "Like a first person shooter"

3. Every GTA after San Andreas had wasted potential, GTA Online is more fun than any single player because playing with the Homies > AI

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by Official General, 22 August 2014 - 09:41 AM.

Congratulations !!!!!

You're the 500 billionth person on here to say this same inaccurate bullsh*t about "people on here used to hate IV now they hate V and love IV, bla bla bla....."

And you certainly won't be the last either. Yeah, you're so clever to spot this trend that very few people noticed.

Yawn f*cking yawn  :yawn:

• SonOfLiberty, thekillerdonuts, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Video game tryhard.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

1. The joke is that R* can't please everybody

2. Face-Paced =/= "Like a first person shooter"

3. Every GTA after San Andreas had wasted potential, GTA Online is more fun than any single player because playing with the Homies > AI

1. That wouldn't happen if they simply tweak IVs system to be better than creating a whole new arcady-sh*t system.

2. Come on, people cover less on a first person shooter, and you move a lot more. That's not the case for third person shooters (take Max Payne 3 for example).

3. All GTA games got wasted potential, but it isn't as big as V.

• B Dawg and Official General like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

This is why GTA IV's shootouts feel so much more satisfying. Better firearm sounds, better blood effects and better Euphoria. GTA V has more fluid shooting (except in vehicles), but that's about it imo. 

• Official General and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

Video game tryhard.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

This is why GTA IV's shootouts feel so much more satisfying. Better firearm sounds, better blood effects and better Euphoria. GTA V has more fluid shooting (except in vehicles), but that's about it imo. 

The only thing that I dislike about IV's gun combat is how sticky the cover system is.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

GTA V doesn't include a simple native trainer yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users